Watch What You Say on PSN

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Oct 22, 2008.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i see both good and bad...less stupid comments from idiot little kids....but private chats where it's just fun friendly conversations

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather be without the little idiot kids, and keep my conversations tamed, and save the nasty ones for the phone. Thus, I applaud this.

3. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i'd be surprised if they could understand what people are saying with those muffled mics anyway... not that many peeps even use a mic on psn either.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Besides, they're not like Santa, so they can't hear "Everyone"

5. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

they can probably hear all of the 5 people using mics.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this is good last time I played COD 4 online ... well lets just say it was bad enough that I was offended. Yes, I left that game room and went to another where I heard kids using words that they should not be using. I would be interested in if I knew what the steps are going to be for violaters.

Oh, this will help clean up LBP online.

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Maybe to keep secret fanatical meeting out of Home?

8. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Sony needs to post some of the choice recordings on Youtube for the enjoyment of other peoples embarrasing antics

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Hmm...now maybe Microsoft should do the same with Xbox Live. Seriously, when I play GTA IV online, there are kids that are FIVE that play this game and say that they're so urban and ghetto. UGH!

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

This is likely for moderation purposes and nothing more.

Home and LBP have grief report systems (something that every other game lacks on PS3) and this will be used to gather evidence. I'm sure MS are able to do the same thing, but their moderation is pretty much wholly run by automated things based on user reports.

11. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I can't agree with you enough. I think public communications should be monitored, but private chats should be left alone. You should be able to forward any offensive messages to microsoft so they can ban these jerks.

12. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

i heard that microsoft had developed technology which would allow them to effectively censor speech in real-time

13. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I am thinking of getting a PS3. I would play online quite a bit. If even ONE of the games I want to buy does not have the option to turn off player speach when playing online, I will not buy the system.

*researches*

Seriously, nobody wants to here those kids and their fancy new adult words. Voice chat is useless and annoying.

14. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    ^well in COD you have to wait til the actual match starts then you can mute individuals, or you can turn your mic on and bury it so you cant hear it hah

eh i dont see them really doing anything with this, if anything just to scare ppl

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

They are. They mentioned this on Attack of the Show on G4 the other night. Apparently MS is preparing a patch for XBL to implement it. On the one hand, I'll kinda hate getting auto-censored when I'm just with friends. But on the other hand, I'll understand it's a nessecary evil to put a stop to the foul mouthed victims of bad parenting.

Speaking of that, we went to Dollywood last month and my brother and I rode this killer coaster called The Mystery Mine. We rode it a second time and had these two little boys get in next to us, had to be 12 or 13. And all through the ride, the boy next to me kept screaming the F-bomb. Even after the ride ended and we pulled into the boarding area he screamed it out one last time, causing everyone waiting in line to stare at him. All I could do was shake my head.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Really? Awesome.
    I can't wait to see how long it takes for hearing nothing but bleeps to get irritating.