Watch the 1st 10 minutes of Ultimate Avengers 2

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Jul 26, 2006.

1. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Pretty cool. Looking a bit more violent than the previous one as well, or at least will probably be more bloody.

3. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing it. Although I hope the animation gets better as these progress.

4. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Well got to say i'm looking forward to Black Panther the Animated Movie. Sorry i mean Ultimates, no wait, i actaully mean Ultimate Avengers II...

5. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm pretty much unimpressed by these first 10 minutes too. I mean, okay, lots more blood. And some guys get melted to death by acid. Actually, that whole scene with Cap was great. But otherwise...

As an Ultimate Avengers cartoon, it looks like it could be okay, if you can handle the Black Panther being the focus. As an Ultimates cartoon, it's horrible. Really horrible, and not at all true to the source material/intention of the original series.

On another note, I dislike the fact that it looks like Ultimate Avengers' Black Panther's costume resembles his 616 costume in no way, shape, or form. I'm referring to the only partial face mask and revealed arms...it doesn't look right for the character.

6. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

The first toon was an atrocity, no way I make the mistake of watching the second one.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

1st one was great...if you weren't expecting them to make a kids cartoon, that's marketed to kids, this bloody, serious, exact word for word, scene for scene translation of Ultimates.

The people who did expect that...well, yeah. It ain't the Ultimates. It's the "Ultimate Avengers".

8. Dirge's Ghost

Dirge's Ghost A User That Is Registered

Saw the entire thing at Comic Con. The beginning was kind of boring, but it`s needed to set up the story.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recently watched the first one and sadly, it failed because it tried to cramp too much into the show...I think I will pass on the 2nd one too.

10. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The first one could've been done better, but I have high hopes for 2... I'm definitely picking this up.

11. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

The people who didn't like Ultimate Avengers were hardcore Ultimates fans who couldn't stop comparing it to the comics. This one friend of mine saw it and loved it, so I lent him the source material and he was blown away.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I am disappointed, 10 minutes and no Iron man.

However, I liked the first one and I hope this one is just as good. Lions Gate will be at Wizard next week so hopefully they will have some stuff to show off.

13. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Thats me!

14. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Hell, if I watched the movie I would probably spend the entire time thinking how much better the same part of the comic was. I just won't say that it sucks because it's still good, just not as good as it would be if it hadn't been made for kids.