Wasteland

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Necromaster, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    ((Before we begin, I'm going to say that this is more or less inspired by the works of Polenicus' Warring at play, and to a lesser extent Prime time. Hence, the characters are technically toys that can think and feel, and this takes place in an actual house. Scale is different here.))

A sudden surge of electricity jolted me into consciousness. I shot upright, trying to catch my breath like a man that had woken up from a nightmare in a cold sweat. It took me awhile before I could finally calm down and take a good look around.

The room was pitch-black in darkness, but my optics were adjusting to the absence of light. I found that I was surrounded by dozens of corpses. The deceased machines were piled up into what seemed like mountains. I dug through them, trying to find one living soul amongst them… but to no avail. Everybody in that pile was dead. Some were decapitated, others had holes blown through their spark chambers, and dozens more were simply mutilated.

Something at that time possessed me to go take a look at myself. After a long period of digging around, I was finally able to find a reflective surface. What I saw staring back was not my face. It was that of a reanimated body. The entire chassis was covered in scars, and my spark was visible through a gaping hole on the chest.

“Can you hear me?”

I let out a yell of shock from this unexpected voice and tripped, landing on the hard, unforgiving concrete floor. Disoriented, I looked about the room. “Who’s there?” I demanded.

“Calm down, buddy,” the voice simply replied in a deadpan fashion. “I’m speaking to you through an encrypted communications network. You’re the only one that can hear me.”

“R-right. So, uh… where are you exactly?”

“I’m going to give you directions to find me. First off, look around for a ventilation shaft.”

Having no other option on hand than to trust this mysterious individual, I searched around for a vent. Finding one on the northernmost wall, I unscrewed the bolts holding it up with my hands, made sure the vent didn’t make too much noise coming down, climbed inside, and pulled the cover back up. “Okay. I’m in. Now what?”

“Keep going straight.”

I walked onward, only to meet a dead end. “Is this some kind of joke?”

“Wait for it…”

A sudden burst of air skyrocketed me upward and out another open shaft. I bounced across the floor a few times before getting back up and composing myself.

“So you made it.”

I looked up to see a Busou shinki in black. Her hair was blue with long, flowing pigtails, and her eyes were a dull reddish shade. She had been waiting in anticipation for my arrival in front of a new package.

“My name is Strarf. I assume you are Optimus Prime?”

2. SavageThunder

SavageThunder 11th Doctor's Huntress

:thumbs2: :popcorn  That is AWESOME! more please! oh and uh, you might want a little more detail in there...

3. Necromaster

News Credits:
    I blinked. How did she know my name?

“Answer the question.”

I looked down at the battered and bruised body my spark was inhabiting. “Technically yes. However, this body is not my own.” I looked back at her. “Do you happen to know what—“

“Allow me to explain. I was able to recover your disembodied spark and contain it within a small drone, which then infiltrated the Decepticon dumping grounds for Autobot corpses. It searched out the best body for escape that was in a good condition, infused it with energon, and proceeded to implant your spark inside. It deactivated right before you came to.” She looked over my new form, as if judging it. “It appears to have chosen out 2009’s ‘Armorhide’ for your temporary form, repainted from ‘07’s ‘Landmine’. Hm.”

“Why save me, of all robots? ‘Optimus Prime’ is just a name for a figure mass-produced year after year. I am no exception.”

“Did you not lead the Autobots in your time among the living?”

“Well… yes, I suppose that is true…”

“Were you not a competent, respectable leader?”

“Also true.”

“There. You have your reasons.” Strarf turned around and began to climb up the package behind her.

“What’s in there?”

“Did you honestly think you were going to stop the Decepticons in this run-down, barely functioning body?” She yanked out a sword and began tearing through the tape, opening the box. “What YOU need is an upgrade. A big one.”

I hoisted myself to the top of the box to gaze down into its contents. Contained inside was another box with a plastic transparent cover, which held the Japanese TFA Wingblade Optimus Prime figure.

“First order of business,” she said, cracking her knuckles. “We need to get your new bod out of that cardboard prison.” Using the same sword she used before, she quickly ripped through the packaging, tearing it to shreds. With her assistance, I was able to lift the body out and place it onto the floor. She then proceeded to materialize a mass of wires. She attached one end to my chest, the other to the lifeless shell. Taking a few steps back for safety, she pulled out a tiny remote.

“This might hurt a little.”

She pressed a green button.

4. Necromaster

News Credits:
    The process was instantaneous. I was suddenly jolted upright to find my previous form collapsed lifeless on the ground. I turned to Strarf, who approached me and scanned me up and down. “You feel alright?”

I nodded. She flipped open the device she used just earlier and pointed it at me. “Your vital readings appear stable. I’ll notify you if anything changes.” She closed it and tucked it away.

I turned back over to the once-again deceased machine that was once me. I went on over and picked it up gently. Though I never knew the robot personally, I felt pity for him. Killed and tossed away like a rag doll. How cruel.

Strarf tapped on the back of my leg. “Heads up. We got company.”

Sure enough, a massive swarm of jets was flying straight towards us—to be more precise, Jet drones from the Beast Machines era. They began to open fire upon us. My gauntlets protected me for the most part, but I didn’t know what Strarf had to hold her own with other than a sword.

Music

Thinking fast, I grabbed my axe from the ground and tossed it at our attackers. By a stroke of luck, it managed to hit one, which crashed into another jet nearby and sending them both down to their fiery demises. Hovering just above the ground with the aid of my jetpack, I zipped around, shooting the Vehicons out of the sky with my shoulder-mounted cannons and retrieving my axe along the way. They fell like flies.

“Good to see that you’re holding your own, but let me have a little fun too, ‘kay?”

Strarf emerged clad in a power suit armed with demonic claws and a massive hammer. Using her real arms, she fired upon the attackers up above while going around and smashing any that came down to attack with the blunt, short-ranged weapon. Since she was dealing with them that way, I decided to take a far more direct approach in fighting the horde. My jetpack sent me soaring up into the air, where I began to slice and dice the fliers. They attempted to swarm me in their robot forms, but I was able to blast dozens of them apart with the cannons and bash any of them that got close. Being drones, they were only able to adapt to the most basic of surprises in combat. They never anticipated the raw firepower of the two of us. We were overwhelming them despite their vast numbers with ease despite their best efforts.

I launched my gauntlets at the surrounding drones, and they tore through them, smashing them apart and sending them down to the ground where Strarf could finish them off if they weren’t already dead. As they reattached, I attempted to fire upon them again, but my cannons had run out of ammunition. I decided to change to a different tactic. Pointing myself straight down, I shot towards the ground, the drones in hot pursuit. I kept getting closer… closer… closer…

I pulled up at the last possible second, dozens of the drones smashing down into the ground, but still plenty of others managing to avoid destruction and headed my way. I flew towards the wall, adjusting my body and the jetpack’s thrusters to allow my feet to make contact with the wall first, then I pushed off it and sliced all but one of them up. The one remaining jet drone, by a stroke of dumb luck on its part, managed to knock one of my thrusters out of commission. I crashed down to the ground face-first.

Getting up and composing myself, I watched the jet drone assume hover mode and use its arm cannons to shoot me. I spotted my gun out of the corner of my optic, and shot off in a mad dash to retrieve it, avoiding laser blasts all the while. I skidded down and grabbed it, firing off a few blind blasts. One of them successfully hit, blowing off its head module and sending it down to the ground. I continued to fire upon as many drones as I could, blowing holes in them and removing necessary flight components to send them to their inevitable demises until this gun also ran out of ammo.

Fortunately, the victory was ours by this point. All the remaining drones retreated, leaving only one barely functioning robot on the ground, leaking energon and at Strarf’s mercy. She approached the machine, kneeling down towards its optics. “Now if you can hear me, Starscream, this is just a start. An old… how shall we say… friend of yours is back, and hoo boy, are you in trouble. The Autobots are going to make their long-awaited comeback—“

She raised up her foot right over its head.

“—starting right now.”

Her foot came down like swift vengeance, smashing its head in and terminating the drone, along with any communications linked to it.