Wasted Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CryoPrime, Mar 19, 2008.

1. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

So my mom had my "uncle" (stepdads brother) over for dinner and he knows that my brother (Tahuprime) and I like transformers so he tried to find his sons old ones he had in boxes to show us. He's saving them for his grandkids. So he comes over with a box and a bag, the large shoe box has this in it

[​IMG]

I'm almost positive he's the original Voltron it says 1984, and I think those are all the pieces ... Voltron lol

[​IMG]

Then in the bag I find these beauties.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know they're nothing special to "real" collectors, but these toys are 5 or 6 years older than I am.

THEY'RE GOING TO DIE! AT THE TEETH AND CLAWS OF SMALL CHILDREN!

Has anyone else seen people wasting Transformers, either by killing them or losing them, or just downright not caring. Is it just me or is it sad that if more people cared, then everyone who collected could have more guys?

and here's a picture for comic relief

[​IMG]

*chik chik* t-bagged

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Oh yes, teabagging, so mature...I hope they'll shoot your nuts off, har.

3. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

who's they?

4. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    That's the action figure Voltron, It's not the original one they released but a replacement due to the original being pulled in the 80's because of the weak plastic (The original Black Lion legs would snap off at the slightest impact) and the lead paint that was used on it, Plus the lack of figure toys with the diecast version helped this and the other figures sell extremely well as well as the Castle of Lion playset. It's far from complete it's missing most of the individual Lion weapons and the Black key(Came with Keith).

5. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

My brother Tahuprime, wants to know what the keys are for. and what the huge ninja chucking star is for.

6. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:
    The Star is a sheild besides being a weapon it should have a tab on the back for one of the lion mouths to hold (Hands)

the keys were wearable items so you could pretend you were a member of the voltron force each key color matched each lion and also opened a secret door and the coffin in the castle playset by being placed in a slot.

Black key: Keith (Red outfit) Pilot, Black Lion
    Red key: Lance (Blue outfit) Pilot, Red Lion
    Green key: Pidge (Green outfit) Pilot, Green Lion
    Yellow key: Hunk (Yellow outfit) Pilot, Yellow Lion
    Blue key: Princess Alura (Pink outfit) Pilot, Blue Lion

Also the pilot in the blue lion goes in the red lion there should be a girl figure that goes in the blue lion.

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah... that action-figure Voltron set was... underwhelming?

My younger brother had the whole thing, and I guess we got some play value out of it, but it wasn't nearly as cool as the Matchbox/Lionbot version. When I was a kiddo, I was bugged by the simplified lion molds that were off-model, off-scale, and relatively speaking, bricks.

BIG though. I think I actually have more appreciation for it now than I did at the time. I still have some of the accessories kicking around in the old G1 junk bag. :) 

Wasn't Voltron funny, the way they had a colour-coded team, but the actual pilot-to-lion breakdown was almost completely counter-intuitive?
    Blue uniform=Red Lion,
    Red uniform = Black Lion,
    Black uniform = Blue Lion
    (until he got himself killed, and then it was retired in favour of the Pink uniform)

Incidentally, based on those pictures, Voltron's legs are ever so slightly mistransformed. You should be able to push the leg lions' tails into the upper leg all the way, and lock them in place. If I recall correctly, you slide them in while the Black Lion's legs are "open" and then lock them in by folding up the legs.

zmog

8. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:
    I knew something bugged me about the legs but I couldn't remember what it was but your right.

And I believe It almost got re-released a few years back when Voltron came back out with the Voltron 3-D line. as the new figures were in scale with the Lions, even the castle was planed to be re-released, but both were scrapped when the toy line sales flatlined.... every so often you'll see the odd V3-D figure in Kay-bee's.

I still have the Trendmasters Diecast Voltron and Steath Voltron from that series M.I.B.

9. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Anyway, I'd hardly call giving a TOY to a CHILD a waste.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, screw those kids. They can't APPRECIATE how retro and awesome they are. Why should they get to play with them? They belong on a shelf somewhere, to be gazed at with hushed awe on occasion. :p 

I'm one of those guys that thinks these toys were made to be played with, and that that's the way to appreciate them. Besides, I'm sure noone's going to lament the loss of a kickback and tailgate, especially if it allows some young kids to see how transformers were when the line was new. Getting these kids into transformers is the best thing for the community, not saving some already play-worn figures. Even if they get chewed on, snapped, melted, bent, or otherwise destroyed, its certainly not a waste.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    giving old TFs to a kid is not wasting them. that's kinda who they were made for.

my nephew is 10, and he has a G1 kup, and devastator, and appreciates them far more than any collector ever would.

12. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

god, i remember that Voltron! i loved it because the drivers went into the lions.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

JESUS CHRIST IT'S ZARKON GET IN THE LIONS

....what? :eek: 

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only wasted Transformer I've ever seen was at Wal-Mart.

Somebody dropped the movie leader Prime box and poor bot was all screwed up inside it :( 

15. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

FWIW, about a year ago, a fully complete set of this version would Ebay for well over $100.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Who are the two Transformers with bombshell.

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    One looks like a white Windcharger repaint, the other I believe is one half of the Decepticon Duo-Con 'Fly Wheels'

I wouldn't worry about the Voltron toy, I used to have one and I recon that son of a bitch could prop up a house he was that sturdy and tough.

18. JOHNDILLINGA

News Credits:
    The white one is Tailgate he was from the second wave of Mini-spys

19. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    Tailgate and half of Battle Trap actually!

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i thought we were gonna discuss drunk TFs.