Minor/Repaint: Wasn't happy with Giant Crane.. So fixed him..

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Demonss, May 2, 2012.

1. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah so.. I hate the crane on the arm.. an the fact that giant is staring at his boobs all day makes me sad..
    SO.. I took my screwdriver an my dremel and came up with some super duper easy fixes that work wonderfully.

Giant isn't going to be watching any birds anytime soon, but at least he's no longer looking like a fat guy who's on a diet and regrets the mcdonalds binge he just had..

He also doesn't have his huge butt scratcher attached to his arm anymore, as it stores nicely on a hole on his back that doesn't seem to have any other purpose.

Of course if his rear is itchy.. he can make use of his butt scratcher..
    Everything still attaches nicely and holds tightly (including the derpy gun attached to the side of the crane).

A little note if you're looking to do the same:

Consider the pictures left to right, top to bottom (So Figure 1 is Top left, and figure 9 would be the final figure at the bottom)

To remove the crane:
    1) Take out screw remove crane boom
    2) The crane the tab that sticks out to hold the gun, you file it down like 1/2 mm or so.. remove some test and see if you can fit in the ONLY slot on his back. (see Figure 4)
    3) Succeed..

To fix the head:
    1) take it off the ball joint
    2) dremel out the back of the ball joint hole a little as well as between where the neck and rear of the head goes, if you have the head on the ball joint you'll see where the back of the head bumps with the thick nec.
    3) dremel the back edge corners of the neck a little so the sides of the head aren't bumping it. (See Figure 9)
    4) reattach head.
    5) Succeed!

I know the one pic of where material has been shaved is a bit hard to see.. But.. I think you get the point.

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    very cool. i so want this set...

3. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks F_R.
    So far they are a fun set, I enjoy messing around with them.

It was mentioned that I should maybe show the ball joint socket with the head disconnected, so here are some pics!

Attached Files: