Washington State Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by artiepants, Jan 3, 2003.

1. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Nope, they'd be coming outta the boxes anyway. Thanks man!

2. xtommytmoshx

xtommytmoshx Well-Known Member

Ebay:

suuuuuch a sick game. makes me feel like a kid again.

3. tobuttica

I'm gonna talk the wife into letting me get it today. Hopefully I'll be busting some ass as well. Definitely gonna be a breath of fresh after the meh Deception and Mature-less rating of MK vs DC Universe. I NEED THIS GAME!!

4. xtommytmoshx

Ebay:

it's pretty much a love letter to old-school MK fans. i really only paid attention to mk through mk4, since everything after that was kinda weak, but this is seriously the game i've been waiting a long, long time to play.

5. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Its not much, but I found a Generations Sourge at the Port Orchard Wal mart, tonight.

6. tobuttica

1-UMK3 were really the only good ones. Deadly Alliance was an interesting turn, but the fatalities really dropped off. I'm glad this is getting back to the roots and taking back its balls from the rest of the fighting games out there.

7. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone cleared out ALL the Jazz and Tracks from Bothell Fred Meyer. Gee, thanks for not leaving any behind so I could buy some for my kid. Only shelf warmers left.

8. optimus kimchee

optimus kimchee Well-Known Member

I kinda dig MK vs DC, then again I am a DC fan. Sure the fatalities weren't normal MK fashion, but some of them are great. (Hal Jordan's sphere crush, Scorpion's hell portal grab then throws out the skeleton, Superman's head smash, Captain Marvel's uppercut followed by a shazam bolt and jump, both of Catwoman's fatalities, Lex Luthor's torso twist, both of Deathstroke's fatalities, )

Agreed! I only dug MK 1-3 though. Everything else was garbage IMHO!

I feel bad for arcades after SNES tackled Street Fighter 2 and the original playstation took on MK 3... I no longer wanted to hit up Van's arcade in downtown Puyallup anymore :-(

Yes, I agree that taking it back to the ol skool roots was a great idea! I'm addicted... I have to take a break from DC Universe Online since it's a game I can't pause with a newborn, so it's on hiatus for the next month or so.

MK released just in time. I would also like Portal 2 (played the co-op at my friends house and we were laughing so hard we were crying... good times)... but MK has higher replay value and well... it's like breaking out the airbrush and repainting a beat up old Transformer figure and airbrushing it with real automobile body paint and using real chrome and LEDs.

9. SergeantJack

SergeantJack Sargebot

There's a single Kup at the Puyallup WM.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

So, not much at SakuraCon. Apparently I missed a couple Henkei Sons of Cybertron sets from Kicks' booth. Last I saw, he still had the Animated set and a couple other things (overpriced TRU MP Grimlock, leftover WST Dinobots, the same Galaxy Force Inch-Up he's had for 3 years, etc.)

Also looks like he went in on the booth with someone else as an entire half of it is Star Wars and old video games.

Anyway. All I picked up yesterday was TF:Generations 2010 book. I was hoping for some United, seeing as how they're not old. Everyone there has the same crap though. Same Kotobukiya statues, same Gundams, same shit.

No luck on the TFs, on to look for some Kamen Rider goods.

Bandai has a sick display too, before I forget. Glass cases all around with Gundams, Saint Seiya, and a ton of SIC and SHFiguarts Kamen Riders.

11. tobuttica

It wasn't a bad game, it was just kinda kiddyish. HJ's brutality was by far my favorite part of the game. Although there was no blood and maming, it was darn brutal. That being said though, it was, in 1992 as a young boy, seeing a fellow Arcade goer perform Subzero's head/spine rip fatality that changed my life and got me off of the kiddy games like Sonic and Mario, and into the big boy game of Mortal Kombat, and eventually one of my faves, Mortal Kombat II. The fatalities are the biggest part for me and when they started going cheeseball with MK4 and beyond, I was dissapointed. There were some shining spots in those games, but not as much as the previous ones. This game brings me back to 1992 and on the inside I am a giddy boy reliving one of my greatest video game moments.

12. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

you mean EVERY Fred Meyer......talk about a bunch of vultures. I couldn't even pick up a few extras of anything. I was thinking I'd at least be able to pick up SOMETHING...Banzaitron, Battle Blades Prime. Nothing...

13. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

Think I'm gonna pass on Sakuracon this year....freaking gas is expensive plus the entry cost just isn't worth it anymore. You pretty much said it, the vendors have all the same sh*t. It was fun before when I'd work the Kicks booth and people watch but I guess I'm getting old and I had a lot more time to screw around back then.

There are a few things I'd want to see if anyone had like the 1/300 scale Yamato SDF-1 from Macross or a SOC Gunbuster. Nobody seemed to have any of the high end stuff last time so I probably would come up empty again. There use to be this one vendor that sold Tokyo Marui airsoft pistols (under the table and without orange tips) but didn't see him last time. But it is still fun to people watch there....hehehe

14. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Got you a battle hooks Prime. :thumb 

Jimmy, I dug up in the upstock and found you a tracks if you want it. And sorry man, I think i'm going to keep the jazz becasue I won't be able to afford the stepper, and I know reprolabels will come out with something.

All the MK talk, just saw an ad last night for it, and that game looks pretty cool. I remember wanting to play the original, but trying to hide it from my parents. :lol 

R!

15. xtommytmoshx

Ebay:
    might be kind of a stretch but are there still WFC bumblebees still floating around? i slept on thrm and now regret it cuz i need one to round out my WFC figs

16. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I think Puyallup still had a bunch of Jazz/Tracks, lines were too damn long and I had way too much to do to wait around.

Havent seen one recently, but if you happen to have a POL going at BBTS, they are on clearance there.

17. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Guys, I still have a RTS thundercracker. Speak up if you want it.

Randy!

18. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

What are you looking to get for it, Randy?

19. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Has anyone seen Hooks Prime at any freddies in Kent or Auburn?

20. Randomus Prime

Randomus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Freakin' robo-vultures man! I bet they're all getting scalped! There outta be a law! ;( :scalper 
    And that being said, there is an abundance of that toaster guy from the movie line still there. Ha ha ha. Grrrrrrr.