was watching IMAX Blu-Ray of ROTF, I hope more IMAX for TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jan 13, 2010.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I was just watching the Big Screen Edition Blu-Ray of ROTF recently and I still find it amazing how crystal clear those IMAX scenes are. They make the Forest Fight and Devastator scenes feel so much larger than life.

Some of the standard scenes in ROTF are kind of grainy but still look good but once it jumps to IMAX, it is almost like they use an entirely new clean film stock because the picture quality is so amazingly crisp. And its great that the the screen opens up so that you can see more.

Anyways, I'm just hoping that Michael Bay decides to shoot all the major action sequences for TF3 in IMAX in its entirety. The Devastator scene did get a bit annoying when it jumped between the construction vehicles and Ramon with Simmons and then the black (widescreen) bars kept appearing and re-appearing.

Typically a Transformers movie comes with 3 major action scenes and a bunch of smaller ones. So in the case of ROTF, they only had a full action scene in the middle to be filmed in IMAX. Perhaps, they can spend less money on military involvement and then spend more time and money getting those scenes captured with IMAX cameras.

That would be AWESOME!

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And in 3d too!!!!!

3. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am hoping to see extra scenes and IMAX from the first Movie, which was never released on disc.
    It is worth paying extra to get those IMAX scenes.
    ILM would have to buy more powerful computers to create more IMAX Scenes because their capacity reached its limit from ROTF.
    TF3D would be totally awesome. I would watch it multiple times to see it in 3D in a Theater. Transformers is the kind of movie that deserves to be in 3D.

4. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    I love the full HD frame of the IMAX scenes. apart from extra shots you just see much more detail

the IMAX scenes are 1920 x 1080 while normal Blu-Ray is cinemascope format which is 1920 x 800 on a Blu-Ray disk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    to bad i cant enjoy the imax cuz i never saw it on imax and i dont have big screen edition

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm watching it again right now and was having the exact same thoughts about the IMAX footage. It's too bad the IMAX camera's are so large and expensive. I'd love to see the whole of TF3 in IMAX.

7. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    If your player or software have a playback mode with decreased rate you should definitely watch the forest fight in slow-mo! makes you appreciate the INSANE amount of work they put into those bots!