Was transformers 3 as bad as critics say it was?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DJPrime39, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Sachiel_ca

Sachiel_ca New Member

I agree, but it is a movie thread and after the first page this usually happens. Why cant we just accept that everyone has their own opinion.

TILL ALL ARE ONE!

As for the movie there were things I "personally" liked and things I thought were confusing like how Megatron said this was his master plan to fix Cybertron with his deal with SP, but when was this plan in effect. You seeing as how Megatron crashed on earth by accident searching for the all spark.

(If someone can clear that up for me let me know)

As for critics, dont think I'll ever really care what they say but I'm always willing to listen to another fan with a good or bad opinion.

2. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll listen to critics for dramas, but when it comes to action and comedy I listen more to people with like interests. If critics happen to like an action film then I think there is a good chance I'll like it as well.

Welcome to the new people. Those who didn't like the movie, though I don't share your view, I welcome your opinion.

I personally liked it much better than number 2, didn't have the heart of the first film, but the action was far above both films.

It's hard to say if this film will win best visual effects, there looks to be some tight competition.

Regarding Autobots trampling the decepticons during their invasion. I'd say this, there were decepticons all over the world, they only took out the ones in Chicago. Also they took out the leader and the generals.

Prime almost didn't take out Sentinel, he needed Megs to help, and Megs was easily defeated cause he was still injured from ROTF. That's how I look at how Prime was able to defeat both Sentinel and Megs so easily.

3. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

Exactly... 118 "Critics" on Rotten Tomatoes averaged out to a 38%, but over 60,000 regular people averaged it to be a 90%. So where does the "majority" really lay on this one???

I haven't seen it yet either, but I am going tonight. So I read this thread just to see what people were saying.

No matter what ANYONE ELSE says... In my opinion here is the BEST way to judge whether a movie is good or not; Were you able to escape the everyday norm of your life for 2.5 hrs and be entertained??? Because that's all a movie is truly supposed to be. A way to be entertained for a couple hours. And if it accomplishes that, then it's a good movie. If it invokes any kind of emotion in you beyond normal, then it was a better movie. So ask yourself (Even if you say you'll never see it again) "Was I able to spend a few dollars and be entertained??? If so, great"

Because let's face the actual reality here; If this or any other movie had never been made, we would never know the difference in our life. But since they have been made, we get to find something "different" to see or do in life. Even if the end result was not our "personal" vision for it.

In today's world too many people consider themselves overly important and there are too many self-made critics of everything out there. I would say go judge for yourself. That's beauty of humanity. We all have the right to our own personal opinion. And it doesn't have to match what anyone else says. I've seen the "best" movies before and hated them. And seen the "worst" movies and loved them.

So DJPrime39... Put on your shoes, get out the door and hit the theatre. Then sit back and enjoy the simple fact that you can spend $10-15 to find entertainment for a couple hours. (And laugh at the fact that it cost someone a few hundred million $'s for you to be able to do that.) LOL

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think megs was planning on coming to Earth, but lost control when he entered Earth's atmosphere. I think that's how they explained it in the first movie.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

I would say that some of the reasonings behind the low scores are justified, but I wouldn't call it terrible (if that makes sense). This is why I kind of view a chunk of these ratings as a troll stunt and try not to take them too seriously.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    What board have you been posting on?

7. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

yeah let me know too, i wanna go there.

8. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    It depends on what you are going in there to see.

Do you want a movie with a solid script with character appropriate dialogue and scenes that have as much depth as the rest of the movie, do not see this one. Most of the dialogue is just so...painful, especially made worse with every new character getting an accent (though kudos for casting James Remar for Sideswipe).

If you want really damn good fight scenes and 3D, go friggin see this. Visually, this is a masterpiece. My favorite scenes are either Shockwave in the finale or the beautifully choreographed Mexican Standoff, with Ironhide and Sideswipe fighting the Dreads. The only really bad render in my mind was the image of Cybertron in the ending, it was a bit jarring compared to the high quality shots from before, especially since Cybertron's surface in the opening was beautiful. Oh...and JFK. It was so laughably bad.

9. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Here's what I would tell you.....

I think the film was the best of the three. I enjoyed it. For a Michael Bay film, it was fabulous.

THAT BEING SAID.....

It's still a Michael Bay film. So expect a weak story. Expect a lot of explosions. Expect your childhood to get raped for what Bay feels is a better story element or whatever.

I went in to this with low expectations because of how bad ROTF was. The writer has managed to pull elements from three or four different G1 episodes, throw it in a blender with Black Hawk Down, add some fanboy humor, shake well....and pour out a script.

Are Bayformers the TF films I wanted as a life long fan? No. Was this one entertaining enough that I was glad I spent $12 to see it opening night? You bet your ass.

Dex

10. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Transformers movies are made for kids to sell toys to kids with some Victoria's secret sexy commercials thrown in to attract the older crowd and some Ken hangover Jeong humor, so you can't really expect high praises from adult critics who have quite different tastes. Michael Bay's main skills seem to be explosions rather than characterizations and it does seem that Megan Fox is right about the skills of Michael Bay, altho sometimes it is better not to tell the truth to the press regarding the bosses. Fortunately, robots don't get hangovers.

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    *sigh*.......now that this is the last movie does that mean we can expect this part of the forum to be taken off after the DVD hits and not be brought back until a reboot is announced?

I'd really like that.

12. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    This :bay 

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Lots of movies for kids just don't do well with adult critics. And it is rare that a kid's movie will ever be nominated for an academy award. One exception was Pixar's Up which was nominated for best picture.
    Even pixar's cars 2 did not do well with the critics this time around. Pixar usually gets good reviews. Green Lantern flop also did not sit well with the critics. I watched both of these and they are not that bad if you watch them with a kid's heart.
    Some kid's movies like x men first class did try to cater to teens and adults also and this movie did better with the adult critics.

14. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

No

15. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I think you touched on something very important. Alot of the hate comes from critics who find the concept of transforming robots stupid. That the movie is based on a toy line and that the movie is partially a commercial. That's part of the reason I don't listen to critics. In the end it's an opinion. We all have one. If they could put their prejudices aside and rate it objectively on the plot and action sure, but giving a judgement without your own prejudices doesn't happen. The concept appeals more to younger audiences and that is another reason for negative reviews, especially from older critics. I thought it was great. It was much better than ROTF, but if you didn't like it then that's fine. Then it just wasn't for you. I'll probably go back and see it again once the initial wave of people rushing to see it dies off.

16. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    I guess this movie doesn't have enough same sex loving cowboys to satisfy the critics.

17. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's what the critics say . . .

[​IMG]
    But it's wrong!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D  Surprised no one got to it before me. I haven't seen the film yet, but it looks awesome! I don't care what critics say, never did, because I liked Revenge of the Fallen.

18. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The OP said he’s going to watch it. Why are spoiling it on purpose? Just sad maliciousness of a Hater. Go and drive off a cliff.

19. megachin

megachin Banned

No freaking no

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Maybe the film critics are Decepticon fans because from what I've been reading there isn't any reason for a Decepticon fan to even bother with the film.

Perhaps it's just something with getting older but eye popping special effects just aren't a good selling point for me any more. I'd gladly take a good story over cutting edge effects and I'm thinking about maybe just renting the film later if doesn't have a solid story. The reviews just make it sound like the Shakespeare line "...full of sound and fury,
    signifying nothing."

Or given that I don't collect the movie toys is there any reason to see the film?