Was this a great deal or what?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,I just wanted to know if you'll think this was a good deal or not.I won on ebay tonight a lot of 3 figures for a total of $21.50,and they are incomplete but I think they were pretty reasonable in price.They are Classics 1.0 Starscream,Classics Ramjet,and TFTM07 Voyager Blackout. And even tho they are missing weapons and other parts let me know what you think.Here is a link to them.Thanks all.

Nice Lot of 3 Transformers Parts | eBay

2. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

As long as you're happy then that's all that matters. If you're looking for my opinion. I can't stand having incomplete figures in my collection. It drives me nuts that I have a box of 20 or so mostly BW and G2 figures sitting in the basement that my mother picked up off a few garage sales that are mostly duplicates to my complete figures. I just don't have the nerve to get rid of them because she means well and has done rather well a few times.

3. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

What?

4. elizasteave

elizasteave Well-Known Member

@ Rodimus Mike. I do not want to make your decision wrong, as a person takes it with his goodwill but, to be frank, if you are buying a transformer, then you should be aware of the fact that they are nothing without their weapons. I would have had made a deal if they had weapons along with them.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    its not a bad deal i suppose, not a great deal though given the number of missing parts.

for me the only incomplete figures i permit are G1s and those only missing missiles and the launchers look fine with out the missile it in.

6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I'd say that's a good deal. Blackout is pretty expensive even loose he's worth more than what you paid here.

7. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    To be honest I couldn't disagree more. Most modern TF weapons are terrible, and if not essential for the alt mode completely superfluous. Even the classic seekers giant guns do nothing but hinder what crappy articulation that mold has.

Not that it matters to me... I don't buy modern TFs anymore, and G1 allows me to be selective with the weapons I own...

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it wasn't too bad. SS weapons are still easy to get, ramjet I'm not sure but seeing as his figure isn't easy to find then I'd say that'll be rough. No blades for the blackout but you could buy new ones or make your own.

I won't say it was a great deal but it wasn't a bad one either IMO.

9. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's bad if you want the figures, I just paid $21 for G1 Cosmos and rodimus (incomplete like a champ) and a G2 Jazz (figure only and hood glued to head).

I'm happy with what I got so, if you like it, then yes it's a good deal.. I just picked up the same Blackout complete, loose for $15 from someone here on the forum..just waiting on it to arrive..

10. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    In your opinion perhaps. Sure weapons are nice but it isn't the end of the world.

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

@Rodimus Mike: I have some parts to help you complete that Ramjet. Also, I may be willing to buy the Blackout junker off of you (unless you have plans to keep and refurbish it).

Totally disagree with this. The Starscream and Ramjet by themselves make the deal worthwhile. From what I can see, all SS needs are his launchers and missiles. Ramjet also needs his launchers and missiles as well as the front portions of his wings. With these parts, and a little cleaning up, he has 2 completed Classics figures for his collection, which he can also flip for a decent amount if he so chooses.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  12. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah, it's not bad but I still wouldn't bite due to the busywork/hunting involved with making them complete. though if you're using them for customizing or whatnot, it's a pretty good price.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

If you look around in the Junkion forum, it's not particularly hard to find the parts you're looking for. And to complete a Classics seeker, it shouldn't be too difficult. Missiles and launchers are a dime a dozen (with some exceptions, of course).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  14. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Not that it's a bad buy, but I wouldn't call it a "great" deal on them. I really wouldn't pay much more than that for a couple incomplete/broken figures.

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    If your looking to flip the figures, it's not a great deal.

If your just looking for figures to display or let some kids play with, then it's not bad.

16. elizasteave

elizasteave Well-Known Member

Seems that I have created a lot of confusion. I didn't ever said that the deal is not good. In fact its a fair price to get it at such a rate. I just mentioned my opinion that as for me, if I am making a deal or buying a transformer from a store, then I will make sure that he has his weapons along with him. Yeah I know that their weapons can also be altered, but that's a pretty different case.

17. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

I say good deal. Main reason being Ramjet. He's tough to find at a reasonable price. Usually he's in the 50 range.

18. OptimusLove14

OptimusLove14 Well-Known Member

Good deal, but as long as you'll enjoy them it shouldn't matter