Was this a good buy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicron's blues, Jun 27, 2008.

1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Seems pretty good to me. Although I've seen boxed ones for like $400 before I think.

Still, even though it has to be shipped so far... it seems like a good deal.

3. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

ah, Overlord, one of the many G1 characters from Japan we never got stateside (while the UK got it)

4. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

Ah YOU'RE the guy who got that, haha. I did a search for completed auctions for Overlord and I had just missed that auction by a few hours.

IMO it's a fairly good price. There was an incomplete Overlord that went for $289+55 shipping I believe...it was missing several of the smaller purple accessories.

There was another one in the UK that went for 120 pounds, missing one of the powermasters, the ramp, the tank turret, and one other small purple accessory.

i actually got my near complete overlord (missing missiles) from the uk earlier this month for 115 pounds plus 25 pounds shipping, so about $280. Joints are tight, stickering is accurate, though there's slight hints of yellowing on one side of the underside of the blackbird cockpit, as well as overlord's gun.

honestly the overlord you got looks a bit cleaner than mine, the diff can esp be seen in the chrome of mega and giga or whatever their names are. there was a boxed overlord for $400 plus $65 shipping a month ago on ebay...but there was no mention on the condition of the toy and the box was pretty hurt.

for a mint overlord, i think you paid a decent price. overlord's hard to come by, much less mint, much less near compete (seems yours is only missing one missile).

5. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    good price, if u love it :rock 

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Prices on Overlord can vary by incredible amounts; I picked up a loose mint complete one for about $160, but I know full well I got DAMN lucky. The seller had listed it in the wrong category, and I found it by chance. As has already been stated, they normally go for a lot more.
    The bottom line is this: You got a complete Overlord with all the parts you'd usually spend a looong time looking for, including the missiles, with no yellowing at all, at a pretty darn god price. Now sit back and grin, because one of the best G1 Transformers ever made is on his way to you. Congrats!

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Overlord is a beauty and that one is in great shape. Congrats, he is one of the best original style TFs of all time.

8. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I personally would never pay that much for a TF. I love Transformers. I have since I was 4, and first got Blurr in 87', but thats alot of money. IMO, its just better to buy what you like thats released in you area currently , and wait till it goes up in value.

Course, like its been said before, if your comfortable with it...yeah It was a good buy.

9. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Thats definately a good price for him, as Draven said, prices for Overlord are always going up and down, I got a boxed one for $250 about 3 years ago. Congrats!

10. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely the right price for a mint loose overlord.
    The asking price is way way too much with no box.
    Well done. i've had a look at that auction myself a few times so its always nice to see when they go to board members who'll appreciate them

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Thanks guys, this is easily the most expensive TF I've ever bought, at least individually anyways, so hopefully it'll be as awesome as described. Has anyone bought from this guy before by chance?