was there ever an official reason stated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Dec 30, 2009.

1. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

megatron was revived by an allspark shard, but optimus was not, even though sam had a chunk and subsequently used it to revive jetfire. this was a major plothole that some people couldn't get over.

I'm just wondering, was there an official reason stated by the writers or hasbro as to why sam didn't revive prime with the shard?

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Because the plot said so apparently.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

If I had to venture a guess, it'd be because the Allspark is what killed Megatron in the first place. Optimus wasn't killed with the Allspark.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I would have to agree with Kusanagi here.

That, and I pretty much went along that the Matrix had the power to bring Prime back to life.

5. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Don't forget, Megatron was merely overloaded with the power of the allspark, so it might have just put him in some sort of sleeping state. Not to mentioned that he was repaired with the parts of another decepticons, so the shard merely was an "Alarm Clock" to wake him up.

Jetfire was merely sleeping when the shard woke him up.

Optimus was just involved in a fight with 3 huge powerful robots. Injured badly, and then shot through the chest by Megatron. It would take a very huge chunk or the whole Allspark itself to bring him back..

6. decepticron09

decepticron09 Well-Known Member

maybe the allspark isnt powerfull enough to revive a prime, maybe only the matrix is powerfull enough to revive a prime.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't know..and I have been wondering about it myself.

Sam's shard was much smaller than the shard stolen by the Decepticons, though. Maybe it wasn't powerful enough to bring a huge robot back to life..only small ones + revive Jetfire..who wasn't really dead, just grinded to a hault by lack of Energon.

What bothers me more is that supposedly, like all energy, the power of the Allspark transformed and was absorbed by Sam. Meaning he would have all the data the Allspark carries (which seems true in the movie), but also its powers..

If he had these and learned to use these, wouldn't he be able to bring Optimus back to life HIMSELF?..and if he absorbed it, then how come the loose shards still function?

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    A few thoughts-
    1. Maybe Sam didn't realize that the allspark revived Megatron - he was in a major panic during the ordeal.
    2. To get close enough to Optimus to use the shard, he waould have had to turn himself in to the government - who would have just handed him over to Megatron without a second thought and Optimus would have never been subjected to the shard anyway.

10. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    It was all explained on the inside carboard tube of the toilet paper rolls used at Botcon 2008.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    nothing confirmed officially, I'm sure. Besides, I don't think they would admit something like that, at least I wouldn't.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Not really.
    Especially since the Allspark was as huge as a building.

13. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Stop using logic dammit. It's because Prime had too many mediclorians.

14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

thanks for this.

the other theories sound interesting though.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    When exactly was Sam supposed to use the shard on Optimus? He pretty much had to get the fuck out of there immediately after Prime died, and then went into hiding. They never said he couldn't use it, he just didn't due to the circumstances. And I didn't get the impression that Sam really knew what was going to happen at the museum, so it's not like he picked Jetfire over Prime.

16. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Look at those who were "ressurected" with an Allspark shard - Jetfire and Megatron. Jetfire has just ran out of energon, and the shard of the Allspark (the Allspark is a source of energon, as stated in the movie) gave him the necessary energon. Megatron was rebuilt, and the shard was used to reactivate him aswell. So the only thing the shard did was reactivating.

On the other hand, Prime was severely injured. Energon can reactivate, but not properly revive. This is where the Matrix comes in. It is a mystical object as stated by the Primes ("The Matrix is not found, it is earned." - that can't just be a key, plus it was said that it held the power/knowledge of the Primes). So the Matrix can revive, a shard cannot.

He just absorbed the knowledge of one shard, not them all. And I don't think the knowledge is taken, but more like copied. If I teach someone something, do I lose that knowledge? No, I don't.

And if he did copy the power aswell, how is a human supposed to use it? Because:

1. He doesn't know how to use it.
    2. Probably humans can't even use the Allspark (it took Bumblebee to shrink it in the 2007 movie)

I hope this answered your questions.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

At what point did he ever even have a chance to attempt to understand what the Allspark did to him?

At what point was Sam, with his shard, even close enough to Optimus after he died to even try to bring him back to life?

Which of the Autobots would you choose they tear apart to repair the damages to Prime like they had to do for Megatron?

For all we know, Sam's shard could have been used to bring Prime back to life, but he never even got close to having a chance to use it. Nor did he possess the knowledge that it could even be used that way. There is no explanation needed because the circumstances around Megatron's revival and Prime's revival are completely different. One had the knowledge, the resources and the opportunity to make it happen while the other had none of those things.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I see it like there was no opporunity. He was pretty much on the move constantly, plus he was being hunted not just by the Decepticons, but by the humans.

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Hmm, you make some good points. Especially about the parts part. SACRIFICE SKIDS AND MUDFLAP! :lol 

Megatron was dead on the bottom of the ocean for two years though, and they sawed parts off of him before they dumped him. I think that's what the doctor mostly needed parts for. After all, the Allspark is able to bring machinery to life and equip them with new inner transformable parts. I don't see how it couldn't also fix the *relatively* small inner damage Prime suffered. Yes, I know he got sliced and shot through the spark, but I guess those parts and wires, when powered by the Allspark, would all grow back together and activate Prime again..

About Sam: maybe he didn't know what he was doing, but the data seemed to drive him crazy and make him uncontrollable at some parts..I don't get how the other side of the Allspark, the life giving power, wouldn't somehow activate in him uncontrollable as well. Maybe they didn't think of this, maybe they're keeping this for movie 3.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Sam's shard was significantly smaller than the one Prime picked out of Megatron.