Was there ever a Whirl toy made using the Cybertron Evac mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I took in some posters I bought at Botcon this year to Michael's to have custom framed (Note: I don't know if it's national, but the Michaels in our town has 60% off custom frames this week. Shit's expensive, so it helps), and when the lady was measuring a larger one that I had of the classicsverse characters, I noticed that there was a whirl with a blue head and a white Evac body.

Just wondering if this ever came into fruition or had actual plans to come IN to fruition?

Unfortunately, the poster's at Michaels until it's done, and I can't find it anywhere online, or else I'd scan it or post the picture. It's not the TFCon 2009 poster, either. This one is like you're looking up at the sky and they're all above you coming at each other.

2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    There was one (no new head) made from the legends class mold.

3. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Can we see a pic of the thing in question? Might be the legends one.

4. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

yep.

5. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    like the people above me said the legends was a redeco, but there never was a voyager. shame, i'd buy that in an instant.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But it's not Whirl without the one eye.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea, and that's what was in the poster. The one eye, comic whirl head on the Cybertron Evac body.

And, so there's no confusion, this is a hand-drawn poster. The drawings are OF classics toys, but once again: Drawings

And, as said above, my poster's at Michael's until the framing's done, and I can't find a picture of it anywhere online, so if someone could help me out, it'd be great.

Quick Edit: I **DO** believe the body was actually colored like that legends class one, though.

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Is it a FunPub poster? They like to create characters in their comics based on existing molds that don't ever actually see the light of day.

9. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was probably based on the legends class toy... but corrected to have the proper head.

Toywise, it probably kept the Evac head because they probably deemed a retool for a small scale figure a needless expense... The artist thought the rendition was acceptable, minus the head, most likely.

In all honesty though... they should've drawn him with Energon Bulkhead's body.

Really look at the G1 Toy, and imagine the Bulkhead Figure with that head and a light blue body:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Oh I see. Yeah as far as I can tell (note: I do not have the best reading comprehension, I skim a lot, but I went back and reread your post) you didn't mention it was drawn.

I'd be a little tempted to make a custom of it if I could figure out a good head to use as a replacement with that body. The Evac body does have a fair amount of rubbing parts though. Also IIRC the head is riveted on.

11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I believe it was, but I don't "know" since it's not right here in front of me. It was similar to this TFCon one, but a different perspective and I don't think any third party toys were in it:

TFcon 2009 poster colors by *markerguru on deviantART

That makes sense.