was there a g1 based game on the ps2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by redoptics, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Exactly.

2. redoptics

redoptics Banned

still wouldnt mind giving it a try

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the hard core Transformers fan in you pulling you to play a game with all of your favorite characters in it.

I not only bought the original Beast Wars game, but because of its lack of popularity, called EB games almost daily to see if it had arrived (since no one gave an ass about the release date of that game), and I did all this knowing that this game was going to be abysmal. So much love did I have for beast wars and so desperate was I to play ANY Transformers game, that I ended up playing and beating that horrible game.

If you can find it cheap, settle your curiosity, but June isn't that far away, and you could also just play Transformers: Armada on PS2, even if it isn't G1. Hell, the C64 Transformers game was better.

4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

There are a few gameplay videos on youtube, which I've watched. I'm pretty sure it's what the devs were going for. But really didn't have the skills/resourses to pull it off. What they ended up doing was a 3D version of a game like double dragon. In fact the person who posted that character roll over has some of the game playthroughs.

This one has actual in game footage and not just cut scenes.
    YouTube - Transformers Tataki story4

You can see the invisible walls (which Prime actually mentions) and the hordes of clone drone enemies. Which on this first level are the coneheads. I'm fairly sure that any character in the rollover vid that doesn't have a alt mode (save combiner teams) is a clone enemy.

5. redoptics

redoptics Banned

ohhh i know the game is supposed to suck, but the story uses elements of previous g1 episodes which has me interested. im trying to be cheap and see if its emulated anywhere, as i know there are ps1 emulators so i am assuming there is ps2 emulators around

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Yes there are emulators. But you still need the actual game. Which is what will really cost you when all is said and done.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    If you look around on youtube, somebody uploaded the whole story. It really isnt anything special :lol 
    Its about as fanwanky as they could possibly make it, with almost every G1 character showing up 'Just because'.
    Add in a load of garbage about time travel and a crystal, and you have a game that almost punishes you for choosing to play it.

Do yourself a favour and skip it. Even nostalgia goggles cant help this steaming load.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I saw that game for 10 bucks at a store and I didn't have to go through the hassle of modding my PS2, I'd buy it, no questions asked. The opening cinematic was pretty cool in its time.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    at 1:50ish you see where Michael Bay got the idea for the Optimus kick on Starscream in ROTF.