Was Soundwave a new arrival in ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, Apr 13, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    If so, this would somewhat contradict the spy ring he organized around the 1960s in DOTM. Even if Soundwave was around since then, he would have gotten wind of Sector Seven and Project Iceman; wouldn’t he have exerted his efforts to the revival of his glorious leader Megatron?

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Soundwave did went to earth in the 60s-70s but left earth in the 70s to go back to the nemesis, but due to the ship he used for transport it took him years to reach the nemesis, after he learned that Megatron was on Earth thanks to Fallen, he returned to Earth in 2007 (again it took him years to reach earth due to the ship, he used)

he did learned of S7, but never learned they had Megatron, he was aware there was 2 robots (SHockwave and Megatron) under humans capture, but never knew hwo they were. until fallen told him that megatron visited the ship, thus he learned Megatron was in earth

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Dude, you're remembering waaaay more details from the previous movies than DOTM wants you to.

4. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Well-Known Member

My theory? Soundwave was waiting and coordinating the decepticons as a Satelite for a long time. That still makes me wonder when he became Bumblebee to Dylan; but consistency isn't the strength of these movies.

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Soundwave is very patient. Chillin in space for 40 years is nothing. Hell, he was a lamppost in the first episode of G1.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well would have been in TF1 but instead they went with Barricade/Frenzy and Blackout/Scorponok.

7. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

Soundwave was the best 'con in ROTF. Out of the 40+ 'cons, he was the only one not defeated (So what if he didn't fight anyone?).

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where did this info come from?? The comics?? I missed that completely!

9. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yes the comics, in the Covergence prose story (it is an extra seperate story that comes available in every issue of the DOTM comic adaptation)

Soundwave (ROTF) - Transformers Wiki
    Transformers: Convergence - Transformers Wiki

it also fix ups every plot hole from the comics and novels in a attempt to tie them with the movies themself, they also reveal how the fallen was freed from his rleic, before the events of ROTF happened

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see.. thanks much, :) 

11. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    no problem

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I think the "Dylan/Soundave" thing being a parallel to a "Sam/Bumblebee" relationship is a little misleading. Soundwave is given as a brand-spanking-new Merc. to Carly, emphasis on "new". Since there's like a four-year gap in-between ROTF and DOTM, it's entirely possible Soundwave landed on Earth (which he does in the comics I think) and went to ground as a luxury car, pretending to be owned by a guy who owned lots of luxury cars, all the while keeping his identity hidden to the world despite the NEST Energon scanner thingies that don't really seem to do a whole lot in terms of actually detecting Decepticons.

That has got to be the shittiest round trip commute time in history. Even the reapers from Mass Effect can do better than that from getting between normal space and "dark space".

And hold on a sec...if the comics (and the information from Dylan's mouth in the movie) are to be believed, then the Decepticons had some control over the NASA Apollo program. Back in the Movie 1 comics, Apollo 11 was used as a cover for the launch of S7's Ghost 1 spaceship, which ended up in the middle of some Autobot/Decepticon fight in space and was how the Decepticons learned of Megatron's presence on Earth to begin with due to Ghost 1's tech. So how did The Fallen know of Megatron's location if he'd been on the wreck of the Nemesis the whole time since the 1970's and not present for the encounter with Ghost 1?

13. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    1. Sector 7 was involved in the true purpose of the Apollo 11 mission (as mentioned in the film), but they took advantage and decided to use the mission for cover up for their new ship.

2. Soundwave did not knew the ship was reversed eginenred from megatorn, nor he got involved in the events of the novel, but he did thought the ship was more important than apollo 11 and he tracked the ship, but eventualyl realized that the ship was not important and but apollo 11 was and he failed to stop buzz and neil from finding the ark

3. Fallen knew that Megatron was in earth after Megatron informed him about the launch of the Allspark, Fallen knew the Allspark was going to track and follow the nearest Star Harvester and that was the one in Earth, so he told Megatron to track the allspark which was on its way to earth.

maybe this could help
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Movie_timeline

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think he spent that time amusing himself with assorted satellites.

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

This.

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    :lol  This.

"Large radial dishes; preferable. Ability to deceive: Negative."

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. As much as I like the odd bit of supplementary material I disregard all of it when it comes to actually watching the movies.
    Soundwave: "Tentacles: eject. Operation: Satellite rape."

He was probably looking for the satellite that sends out the Babestation signal.

Considering just how many satellites we have in orbit Soundwave probably only got involved in Decepticon matters again once he'd worn his tentacles down to nubs.