Was showing devestators ball necesary

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by star11scream, Jul 12, 2009.

?

Putting balls on devastator

1. Good and Necesary

32 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Stupid and useless

97 vote(s)
    42.4%
  3. Why complain

100 vote(s)
    43.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star11scream

star11scream Spoon + Star11scream

Which of all you think that scene was undesired.m It was funny, but it spoils the ' Devastator Toughness looks

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Yes, I believe it was.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Yup, if only to inspire a FansProject add-on kit.

4. star11scream

lol

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Completely necessary.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Thought it was stupid..degraded Devastator into a weak joke. Kind of hard to take the most menacing con serious when you're supposed to laugh about his balls. They aren't visible anywhere except that little part, though, so I can always imagine they are not there :p 

7. RHALX

RHALX Well-Known Member

No, it's not the only part where they are visible.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Is complaining about it necessary? I mean c'mon people lighten up.

9. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    They're visible somewhere else? Must have missed that. Nooooo!! :( 

:lol 

I wasn't aware disagreeing with something that is, in my opinion, bad taste is wrong. But in all fairness, yes, I do think we have had multiple threads about it.. :) 

Mind you that I am not making crazy claims such as 'Devastator is ruined!!11'..he's awesome, and I really like his design.

10. FreddyGruesum

FreddyGruesum Well-Known Member

I agree it mightve been too much BUT I dont think it takes away from his toughness! Having balls MAKES u tough! Especially big wrecking balls lol! Joking! Real talk though if I see a big gorilla with the strength og ten men charging at me and bashing me around, believe me, seeing his balls dangle wont make him lesss tough

11. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It made Devastator look like a clown! If you noticed all the construction vehicles that make it, no one had the one with the ball with it ( I don't know how to call that vehicle that does that, just like in Spider-man 3 when Spidey rescured the other lady). The sucking weapon also sucked and was stupid coz even Mudflap survived it. Plus anyone noticed how lame Devastator was in climbing the pyramid? He had to use claws to climb it when he could have Devastated it using a weapon or something. WHAT DEVASTATOR DID IS MADE JON TURTURO LOOK GOOD WHILE MAKING THE NAVY LOOK STUPID BY FIRING A WEAPON (TOP SECRET) WITH AN AUTHORIZATION THAT JUST CAME FROM A LOUSY REQUEST BY JON TURTURO. not to mention how the heck did they hit devastator with just some coordinates? he was moving right? I thought you have to guide it with a laser or something? Oh my its funny how they say they made the robots look and transform as if it was real without mass shifting and all while the story and events that made up ROTF was a complete bending on common sense and reason. Hey they did some mass shifting! Remember the 1st alt mode of jar jar bins mudflap and skids? An ice cream truck? They combined right? So it should have been just a small robot but when they scanned the two new vehicles they were bigger. Oh crap! I'm really glad TF2 made a ton of money coz if it did not... that's the end of TF movie as we know it.

12. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I fail to understand why people take fandom so seriously. I also don't see Devastator as being terribly menacing at all what with his absentee brain, getting his ass kicked by the twins and getting killed off in the same half of the movie he was presented in. Still, lighten up people, it's just a movie.

13. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

It didn't impact Devastator as a character at all. It isn't like Devastator made the ball joke and then tap-danced offscreen. It didn't make him any less destructive or change how he acted. It was a site gag that didn't ruin anything and provided a lot of people with a laugh.

Now if Mudflap had Balls and referred to them and then said "teabag this Devastator!" when he was eaten, then that would make the character a clown or damage the character. Devastator did none of those things.

People need to relax and accept that if they didn't like the movie, then the movie wasn't for them. Nothing is is capable of pleasing 100% of the people, and being a TF fan for 25 years doesn't entitle your 10.50$ to have more enjoyment or control of the enjoyment than anyone else.

14. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Oliver Kahn, a Famous Goal Keeper said: "Wir brauchen Eier!" (engl. "We need big balls!") he meant that big balls are same as toughness, coolness and badassness ;) 

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

I didn't care for it, but I'd imagine that Devastator was one of their more costly CGI designs (hence why he wasn't used for a whole lot) so they probably figured they would get some added use out of him with a little comic relief, and tacked on the balls.

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Exactly I thought it was just pointless that is one thing I can't over look I but I can let the whole wheelie thing go.

17. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    My footballing idol for about 5 years!

18. star11scream

Yes, But phycho naked guy destroying pyramid does take away toughness:redface2: 

19. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    wise up man.. you think that the only way to destroy a target you can't see it is by lasing it? The military has many weapons and technologies that we will never even know about.

20. star11scream

OK , lets settle this with a poll, rather than mindless rabble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.