Was Sentinel's surprise attack really a "surprise"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SHINOBI03, Mar 5, 2012.

1. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Let me explain. So, when Sentinel arrived the base after the Dreads' attack with Sam telling Lennox of the whole situation, Sentinel starts talking with his "Indeed I am" line.

Question: It's obviously that he was talking out loud. You can see Sam and Lennox paying attention to what he was saying. But... why wasn't Ironhide or any of the Autobots reacting to what he was saying? Normally when someone says that you'll never fail anything opposite to what you think, you'd pay full attention to what he's saying and face him forward.

So why didn't Ironhide turn around to face Sentinel directly? Was he deaf or something?! He didn't show any reaction and acted like Sentinel was talking to himself and not loud and clear behind his back.

The attack was treated like it was a surprise, but they didn't make it like it was. Maybe if they moved his lines after shooting would've made it better.

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Man... 2014 better hurry up and arrive and give us new stuff to discuss.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they weren't paying attention, there was (to their knowledge) still 'Cons out there that could possibly be coming to attack. The last thing they expected was for him to turn out evil, so the only real clue would've been his "...with Megatron" line, but it was too late by that time.

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    ironhide's not a mindreader so he souldn't tell what sentinel was gonna do next. he appeared to have expected him to continue talking. and ironhide was doing what lennox told him to do. he was just following orders. now if ironhide had the mind of prowl, he would've known to light that backstabbing fucker up

5. Jazzguy

Jazzguy Well-Known Member

Yeah they could have just been looking out for incoming Cons. They were also probably in shock since the awesome guy they look up to is actually a bad guy.

6. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

They don't even follow Lennox's order to get him inside. Ironhide just does his hands on hips pose, and stares into space, while Bee sits there in car mode until Sentinel starts shooting. Meanwhile Lennox and Sam are paying attention as you see then slowly getting "Oh crap he's with the cons" looks on their faces, as Sentinel continues to ramble.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Agreed. :redface2: 

And it's not like this topic has been discussed at length before or anything...

8. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, as much as I like detailed looks at movie scenes and such, this has been talked about A LOT previously

9. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Well, gee! Sorry for being a newbie and not an old member since 2005 that knows everything that has been discussed before or not, and for not being able to keep track on the topics here to know not to discuss these "old news" again with you all!

10. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

I think it was foreshadowed best with wheelie and brains sitting on the couch. "this is the one where spock goes nuts"

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Don't take it the wrong way, SHINOBI03. :)  It's just us old farts getting tired of reading (and I kid you not) dozens of threads on the same topic, month after month.

August: "Was Sentinel a firetruck in space?"
    September: "Sentinel Prime Colour Change"
    October: "Why was Sentinel in Protoform mode?"
    November: "Sentinel Prime was Gold?"
    December: "Sentinel was NOT a firetruck in space!"

And so on. This topic of yours just happens to also one of those that has been discussed numerous times in several separate threads over the months.

And it's not a matter of knowing whether or not the topic has been discussed before. The site simply requests that members (all of us) search through the forums to see if the topic has already been discussed. If not, then go ahead! And especially for the movies, nearly any topic that can be discussed has been discussed (the movie forum is in an even sorrier state these days than it usually is). :lol 

12. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

The Autobots had no indication that Sentinel was going to betray them, despite what you may think. Although Ratchet, Sideswipe, Bumblebee, Mirage , and Wheeljack were listening to Sentinel's speech, Ironhide was doing what he had been told to do by Lennox, which is to guard Sentinel.

Based upon the surprise attack that they had just experienced, there was definately a reason to be on alert, as well as to assist Optimus if he was jumped on his way back to base.

Had Lennox not told Ironhide to guard Sentinel, he would not have been killed, but would have put Sentinel down .

13. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    Bumblebee was listening, in ALT mode, he was keeping still..
    Ironhide, I have no idea what he was doing.

14. ArceeMe

ArceeMe =^.^=

Ebay:
    Yea tell me about it. lol not that I don't like discussing and Re-discussing and re-discussing a topic like this, because it IS TF related, but still.. <.<;;

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  15. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

He is absolutely right. I remember when I first joined I was attacked a couple of times. U still might get attacked, no matter how long you've been here, for differing opinions, but after a while
    It's like elevator music. U drown it out after a while and hardly notice it anymore.

Anyway, Ironhide was just doing what he was told. I think he was so focused on protecting Sentinal Douche he probably wasn't listening to him.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Counterpoint: If it wasn't a surprise, why didn't Ironhide do anything about it. Even if he didn't expect Sentinel to pull that trigger, it counts as a surprise when he did.

17. Bottle Fairy

Bottle Fairy TV Tropes addict

Inorite? The movie forums are getting kinda boring...

18. Stockade187

Stockade187 Decepticon Junkie

Soooooooo...... did anybody see the Lakers/Heat game the other night?

19. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Without reading the other posts, just wanna throw out there that Ironhide was still transforming when Sentinel was all 'indeed i am'. He was jsut standing up (to turn around, since the base was behind them), when he was shot. Plus, they just came from a Decepticon chase..realizing the the 'Cons know that Sentinel is the key and will be tracking him..so other worries bro.

20. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I cannot believe it took sentinel to kill ironhide for them to realise he was working with megatron, sam said sentinel is the only one that can use the pillars, yet he goes onto say the decepticons are coming for sentinel, who? megatron could no longer lead the plan on his own, and a couple of megatron's lackys that any autobot could take out. Adding the fact the invasion could not happen without sentinel using the the pillars, to open up the gateway to get the rest of the decepticons here on earth. What made it stupid they thought sentinel was on the autobots side, so the decepticons leader badly damaged has to compete against the 2 primes, and they were worried at that point