was ROTF that bad???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mrprime95, Apr 13, 2011.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Since 2006 / 7.

2. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    It was a CGI orgy, and that's all it needed to be.

3. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Here's my view. I'd pick it up and watch it again if I felt like watching a good movie and relaxing.
    It has its flaws, but it's not an awful movie.

4. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yup, it was.

5. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

RotF had good parts- there's no doubt about it. The CGI orgasm was exactly what I wanted from the sequel to the 2007 movie, and there's some crazy fight scenes and better characterization for the Decepticons. But for a movie about giant robots kicking ass, there's not a lot of Autobot representation, and the majority of its third act is just a fetch quest. It's just a shame that they decided to focus so heavily on the Twins in the third act, because literally up until Optimus Prime's death, it's not that bad of a movie. It just has a long, drawn out, crude third act, what with man thongs and humping and whatnot.

I say, edit out everything after Prime's death, and you have a great sequel- one that could have set us up for a fantastic third movie, which, if the third act had been better paced and written, would have made a great ending to a trilogy.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

^^^
    My favorite quote of that article.

8. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Fallen was definitely the last time I watch a movie like that sober.

9. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I'm genuinely surprised people are still making threads about this movie. I've never seen a legitimate argument in favor of ROTF. I've never seen somebody argue that the plot made sense, that half the things that were in there needed to be in there, the acting was credible, or that the humor was any good.

Unless you're going to do any of the above, I wouldn't recommend making any threads about this movie.

IIRC, Natch liked TF1. Dude just has taste, I guess.

I love that this is coming from a guy who hates Animated.

Also, the post below does a better job replying to this than I.

Well put.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    So....you're implying that liking TF1 and not RotF means you have taste, but liking RotF means you don't.....

Also, Topless Robot would be have a better TF section if they didn't let their feelings on the movies control their articles. Not once have I read an article there that was Transformers related that didn't take the time to throw in just how "terrible and stupid" the movies and Michael Bay are....

11. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Watched it again recently. Liked it better than the 1st time viewing it.

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm musta missed the "It's a humor site" thing in the site name. Of course it's not going to lean towards anything. I mean, have you seen the rest of it?
    I mean they take nothing on that site seriously. However it doesn't make the link I put up any less valid.

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You know there is such a thing as making the same joke too many times, right?

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well, we're all different. I wanted more from it. The CG spectacle was impressive, and I did appreciate that side of things, but it wasn't enough for me to give them a free pass for all the other nonsense.

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    ROTF would have been just as good if not better then the first movie if it weren't for the writers strike. Also I liked ROTF. People take the small problems it sorta had and turns them into the biggest travesty on cinema.

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Come on now. Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo are the biggest travesties in cinema. Revenge of the Fallen was a bad Transformers movie, but not the worst movie ever.

17. RocketScience

RocketScience Gone

I think ROTF was a really good movie. I can understand why some didn't enjoy it, but I really liked it. Especially since I didn't have to go through watching all that Sector 7. In the 2007, I mainly only like the fight with scorponok, the part where the Autobots come in, the part with Bumblebee vs Barricade, at Hoover dam and the huge fight downtown. And since the action seemed ongoing, it was more exciting to me.

18. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I couldn't really take that whole hacker plotline in the 2007 movie. It was pretty redundant stuff, and I didn't find those characters likeable or amusing. I liked that there was at least more action in the sequel.

At the same time I didn't think they paced the action very well. There's some spectacular stuff, but it would've been all the more powerful if it'd been driven by a compelling story.

19. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Fixed. :D 

20. rodimusprime2007

rodimusprime2007 Act Think Speak As If It Was Your Last Breath

Ebay:
    No movie will ever please anyone, we all know that. Fan of a franchise or not. When I heard that they were actually making a TF movie, well I was like a frickn little kid again. Something I watched everyday and played with all the time, it was like a dream come true. I felt bad for my wife and still do because she had to listen to me go on and on. I love the movies, big robots fighting that turn into vehicles, what else could you ask for. Also getting to watch them with my son and him getting into something that I loved as a kid.The story lines are all right, not like the comics, but still good. Look at the cartoons we grew up with, loved them, but watching them now sometimes and noticing all the odds and ends is like, what??? Guess Im rambling, point being love the TF movies through and through. Just my opinion.