was ROTF that bad???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mrprime95, Apr 13, 2011.

1. mrprime95

mrprime95 autobot <3 :)

hey guys,i just finished watching TRANSFORMERS:ROTF(the imax version).and i haven't watched it since 2010.and my reaction to the movie was,WOOOOOOW.so my question to you is.was ROTF that bad .i mean yea it had like 1,000,000,000 subplots(sarcasm)but,the overall feeling of the movie,to me was awesome.but hey im 14 what i know
    -PRIME...OUT

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    ROTF is not Bad

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It wasn't bad.

It was awful.

4. Transfrom 114

Transfrom 114 MH1994

it kind of is because of the bad comedy and the brother bots skids and Mudflap

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    well i enjoyed the comedy and the Twins (You can Probably guess by my sig LOL)

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    In all honesty, I thought RotF started out well but once they found Jetfire it all kind of went downhill for me. I can believe the writer's strike really messed up the story they wanted to tell - but I really think they tried to cram too much stuff into end of the movie, and I really wasn't into it. Lots of neat special effects, but... special effects should support the plot, not be the plot.

I also really didn't get into the whole Megatron kills Prime scene either. Yeah, he went down fighting, but maybe it was the whole "seen that before" thing. Their battle in the 86 movie resonates a lot more for me.

But hey, if you loved it - more power to you! Don't let haters drag you down!

7. mrprime95

haha thanks guys ,i was just confused

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I have a bad feeling about the future of this thread, especially with it being a movie year (like 2007 and 2009).

Honestly, what I - this is my opinion, not yours, I'm not trying to speak on behalf of all fans - thought was bad about the film was the vulgar sex humor coming from the robots (Devastator, Wheelie, the Twins); the somewhat too explicit scene with Alice and Sam in bed; the other sex "humor" - Leo being tased in his manhood and exclaiming about them in a daze, and later Mikaela landing on him; then UGH at Simmons' thong. Not even the most zealous of Bay-purists can defend Simmons' thong. (okay here I am speaking for all fans, but can you really say you enjoyed seeing a middle-aged man's bare ass in a thong?) Along with the fact there was more focus on two robots who didn't add much to the plot, while the other Autobots do nothing, Optimus dies, Bumblebee doesn't speak, and The Fallen gets less then five minutes of screentime. And really the cons outweigh the plusses with Leo, as well as pretty much all the humans minus Simmons, Lennox and Epps, Morshower, and the parents.

Bay promises a less humored Dark of the Moon, but he promised a darker ROTF as well. My faith in the movies was kinda tainted when so much went downhill with ROTF, and it wasn't better then the first like they always say (then again they do that hype with EVERY movie).

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Well, it certainly wasn't a good movie if you look at the storytelling. But looking at its main goal, which was providing an action-packed, explosion-filled Bayfest, it was successful. And seeing as you're a 14-year-old, the latter is more than likely what you were watching it for, if not for Megan Fox.

10. 420bot

420bot ******

I just sat down and watched both Bayverse movies, and the first one has a couple flaws but is a pretty damn good TF movie that I can easily get through.

Now with that in mind I then watched ROTF, I couldn't help but fast forward through most of the film, it's just painful to watch in several places, so much garbage needed to be edited out.

Oh well, I actually figure DOTM can't be as bad as ROTF, but time will tell.

11. mrprime95

not really dude,i love transformers just like you,and im actually happy she's not in DOTM

12. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

I loved ROTF!!!

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    ROTF is not as bad as people say. But the internet has a habit of taking stuff to extremes. (Thus anything decent is Godsend, and anything meh is a steaming pile that demands blood)

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    oh, here we go... :horse: 

15. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whilst having many key problems as a film, I do think that many people have jumped on the bandwagon, leading to a gross exaggeration of its shortcomings. Sort of like what people have done with the Star Wars prequels.

The film does suffer from serious problems in the narrative structure and a serious lack of editing, as well some very questionable comedy. However, in terms of action and spectacle, which arguably are the things things that a mainstream audience would want from a film about warring factions of giant robots, the film is quite sublime, as there are some seriously well done action and visual sequences.

16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I'm like that with both movies (though I don't ever skip anything when watching a movie), but more so with the first one. It's why I created fanedits of both films with 30 minutes cut out of the first and 20/25 (2 different edits) out of ROTF.

17. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with ROTF is that the list of bads is sooo long. Basically, ROTF is bad on every single front, with very little redeeming it. Some movies are bad in one aspect or another. They may even be worst than ROTF in that given aspect. However, ROTF delivers the bad consistently.

Acting: Bad.

Dialog (what there is of it): Bad.

Plot: Really, really bad.

Direction/Editing: Bad.

SFX: Okay. The directing/editing is so choppy, that you can't tell whether most of the SFX are good or not.

Action: Okay to bad. Other than the forest battle (the lead up to which was terrible), most of the action sequences are bleah. Half the time you can't tell who is doing what.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's flawed as a film.

But it has Transformers in it.

Therefore, it's impossible for it to be a bad film.

19. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Yeah, it was pretty bad. Still entertaining though.

20. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    this X10