Was megatron to unbalanced in ROTF and was 2007 megatron quicker

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Oct 7, 2010.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

Was megatron to unbalanced in ROTF and was 2007 megatron better

This may have been done before, but was megatron handicapped in ROTF? in the way he had to be rebuilt in 2 minutes with other decepticon body parts - that never really seem to fit megatrons body, to make him an effective machine.

Many have said say he was stronger in ROTF but I disagree. I think he was too bulky slower, and he had to much going on. He basically had one arm in ROTF, when he fights optimus prime in the forest and Egypt he does not even use both arms, he just swings with his powerful gun arm that he has, and he misses half the time. In Egypt he just wacks prime with the same powerful arm that he has got. His other arm seems small and it cannot really do much, especially fighting.

I really think the megatron in the first film was a beast and he was more complete. He was not only massive but he was quicker and very mobile. He had 2 arms that could throw prime around like a rag doll, he could dodge and stop many hits prime used to hit megatron. And when he was shot by prime in the city it did nothing much at all.

Prime also in ROTF is upgraded, he could shoot with both arms - and he was a hell of allot lighter and he was quicker. I really think the megatron of 2007 would have given prime a much better fight in both the forest and in Egypt, because megatron was lighter and quicker he had 2 arms also, but at the same time he was bulky that can take many hits.

So what does everyone else think? was megatron unbalanced in ROTF? reasons why prime kept getting the hits on megatron while megatron kept missing.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree as he killed Optimus and Sam and it was only undone with last minute deus ex machina.

3. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd imagine one of the reasons Megatron is such an ass kicker in the first movie was because he was only in it for a short amount of time.

They couldn't exactly have the main bad guy show up for the last quarter of the movie only for him to be manhandled by Optimus and the Autobots. They had to make him look badass and a viable threat, which I think they did, as much as I didn't like how Prime got tossed around so much by him.

Optimus sure as hell made up for it in the second movie.

4. megatron6661

well on that you maybe right, but the fallen did not have much screen time is well. He sat there until prime was resurrected, we could say we saw him the beginning but that was no more than 15 seconds. I am sure megatron in the first film got more screen time than the fallen did in transformers 2, and they did not mind having prime crush the fallen has he was the main bad-guy in ROTF.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Good point, now I'm concerned about Shockwave in 3.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He only ever fought Optimus, and I don't think that was an issue of him not being stronger, but Prime being beefed up, probably in response to people calling Prime in TF1 a whimp because Megatron just tossed him around.

7. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Explain The Fallen in ROTF then. ;-)

8. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I think your over thinking this, but I will add that the fight at the end of the 2007 movie was in a city with LOTS of people. So Prime was heavily handicapped as he had to fight, and at the same time make sure he didn't kill any humans.

9. megatron6661

I think that is unfair on megatron. It was strange how when prime shot megatron it had little effect on megatron, in ROTF prime shoots megatron and megatron goes through the buildings wall. So prime was stronger and upgraded than the first film.

check these 2 picks of megatron and see the difference on how incomplete megatron looks in ROTF, compared to T1

T1 type megatron
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

see how megatron looks more effective and balanced like he can man hangle prime with his bear hands

T2 type megatron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he seems to over relie on that one arm of his, this version of megatron does not seem has effective especially against prime who can shoot with both arms, and at the same time he can change his guns with some badass blades to rip decepticons limbs off or their faces

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I think he was equally strong in both, but Prime was just a better more motivated fighter in rotf. Its more plot that caused Megatron issues in the movie.

11. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Again I think your looking to deep into a M. Bay movie, but if your going to you should take into account the fact that Prime has two guns, and two bad ass I cut throw anything Swords. However at the end of the 2007 movie he only uses one of his guns, and just punched the rest of the time. Why didn't he use his bad ass I can cut throw anything Swords? The only real answer (Again if your going to over think a M. Bay movie) is that he was holding back for some reason.

12. megatron6661

Maybe I am you are probably right with micheal bay I am overlooking. But it is the way megatron is designed is what makes me think that, how can he fight prime with two very unbalanced arms. That he looks slow and the way he fights seems different in ROTF compared to T1, while in the first film he looks quicker using a variety of moves throwing prime around with his bear hands, which I think he could have given prime a better hand to hand combat. On the blades he had? I really think prime was upgraded, where he had more weapons on his upgraded version - and more powerful guns. While megatron was resurrected more than upgraded, he is has strong but more restricted and slower

I like this debate has I always wanted to create this thread. Has I always wanted to get PPL's views on was megatron to unbalanced? has he does look it

13. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    I think they also shrunk Megs a bit in ROTF, he was way bigger than Prime in the '07 movie, but in Rotf they were about the same size and Prime was knocking him around no problem (this is due to fan outcry prettymuch :\)

14. megatron6661

I maybe wrong but when has any movie director lisened to fans especially bay. I know or it was rumored bay wanted someone else other than peter cullen to do the voice of optimus prime, but bitch because how prime was used, is like saying everything bay done in transformers 1 is wrong - and we should not have any humans etc etc. I always thought megatron is a much bigger robot than prime - has megatron has always had the strength advantage, prime is just allot smarter but in size and stength megatron wins that contest has brains over power wins the day allot.

Yea I think megatron was huge in transformers infact he was a monster, he was a total badass in in the first film. I cannot find any pics of megatron vs optimus prime in the city, but this I am sure is their size when they faced each other when they battled in the city.

[​IMG]

has you see megatron is physically bigger arms and body size which is reasons why he would have given prime a much better fight. And we know why prime is made to be more better in the sequel

15. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do not disagree with the OP, I do want to point out a fact though.

Megatron's right arm can transform back into a normal arm, with the armor panels shifting back into his shoulder. But this normal arm, seen for all 30 seconds throughout the movie, was practically as spindly as his left arm.

16. Adiansyah

Adiansyah Well-Known Member

For me, the ROTF Megatron is better in design, except for the tiny left arm. May be the designer want to give him a more "t-rex" look with that small arm. The more bulky torso doesn't make him unbalanced. Megatron fought well in the forest fight. His big tank-treads leg coud still deliver a deadly spinning kick, destroying Prime's face armor plate.

The difference is his intention in battle. In TF1 he really fought one on one with Prime. He wanted to destroy Prime. In ROTF, he only wanted to capture Sam, and bring him (or at least his brain) to the Fallen. That's why he called Starscream and Blackout to do the job while he hold Prime alone. When Prime handled Starscream and Blackout, Megatron run for Sam. Of course Prime himself had greater motivation in defending Sam's life in forest fight.

17. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I did notice that Megatron's left arm didn't do that much in his fights. I'd be willing to bet that if Megatron changes his form again, he's going to go for something that will reinforce his left arm and reattach his right arm (and maybe do something about the tread legs).

18. megatron6661

thankyou. That is exactly why I stated the topic I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this, he hardly used his small left arm in the fights. He just kept swinging with his massive right arm and he missed half the time, he could hardly get a hit on prime when they were one of one in the forest. When he shot prime he uses his right arm to hit him, then shoots with his right arm - he never uses his left arm for any fighting. While prime has 2 blades, 2 guns on both arms and his is chopping and changing making prime more effective.

I really think the 2007 megatron was a hell of allot more effective and less bulky, and he was really quick on his feet. He could grab prime and throw him around, he could stop prime hitting him, and he could transform one of his weapons at a much quicker rate, but at the same time he could use both arms for hand to hand combat while his weapon is already in use.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Not matter what way you look at this. You just can't balance the two in teh movie series without calling one weak.

I like his ROTF design a hell of a lot better. It actually look good despite the shrimp arm.

20. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Typical movie franchise formula:

1st movie = classic villain
    2nd movie = different villain
    3rd movie = different villain
    4th movie = villain from 1st movie

I feel they are incorrectly applying the typical formula here. It has always been Prime vs Megatron. Any other Decepticon as the top baddie does not work, except maybe one. Shockwave may be able to pull it off, since he bested Megs for a brief while in the G1 comics there is precedent. The Fallen was way out in left field, though.