Was megatron awesome in the series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megachin, Aug 2, 2011.

1. megachin

megachin Banned

I know alot of people were on the down side about him becoming weak but but he did plan everything.

Did you like Megs in the series?

[​IMG]

2. Sideswipedx31

Sideswipedx31 Elite Guard Team Command

I thought he was pretty awesome. The conversation he has right before hes about to dissect Sams brain(ROTF), when he growls like a lion when hes had enough of the human weaponry and cocks his gun in the desert, when he gives Starscream the traditional smack-around, and when he destroys Sentinel to show his superiority all give him great character, IMO.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He was suitably menacing in the first film, although he, at times, seemed too much of a growling monster (I prefer some degree of sophistication to my Megatrons, which is why I adore the TFA version of the character).

I was not happy with how he was portrayed in ROTF (where he was someone else's lackey - totally out of character for the proud, indomitable Megatron) and in DOTM (where he did sod all for the most part).

4. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

TF1 - I f*ckin loved Megatron! Being the first transformers thing I ever saw, (which was the first movie in theatres), Megatron seemed super badass and an actually scary villian to me.

TF2 - He became The Fallen's bitch/lapdog, I wasnt impressed at all.

TF3 - When he wasnt with Sentinel, he had somewhat cool scenes. When he was with Sentinel, he became lame again. The scene of him at the very end running in slow-motion while shooting Sentinel looked ridiculous & I could only image him wearing a tutu in that 3second scene. Bad impression of Megatron to leave me with.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Somebody has to make a Photoshop of this. :lolol 

6. megachin

megachin Banned

Huh???

Please tell me your joking.

7. Brink

Brink Well-Known Member

I liked him. I liked him the most in TF1.It was weird in RotF and DotM because I always thought Megatron was the top dog in the decepticon ranks, and seeing him be the fallen and sentinel primes little b**ch, was weird.

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

Im not. :lol  Thats what I saw in my head after that scene showed in the theatre. Then it was followed by a facepalm at how even more ridiculous Megatron now seemed.

9. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I think he was done fairly well.

When you have 3 blockbuster movies to make as opposed to a entire cartoon series I think it's a little harder to have/flesh out a character like him. There's no way they would/should have him as the main in villain in all three movies because that would become redundant IMO. That's why The Fallen and Sentinel Prime were needed.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I felt he had a LOT of potential, ESPECIALLY in DotM, but for some reason they decided not to tap into it. I had hope in the character.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

He's my favorite character from the movies.

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    His introduction was FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Everything after that was lame.

13. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I agree, Movie megatron had so much potential, but it was not fully used in movie's 2 and at times 3. But DOTM megs is exactly the character megatron always has been. He would go to any lengths to get what he wants, it is a crying shame the final battle was not megatron vs optimus. But the 3 films bay wanted variety, like we had megs for TF1 has the villain, we just got different villains for different films, to keep it fresh.

14. AutobotDefender

AutobotDefender The Last Prime

I liked movie Megatron the best. He and WFC Megatron are my favorite versions of the character.

In the first movie, he was much stronger than Optimus. You could see that he really conquered Cybertron in the past. Very strong, and very smart, given his conversation with Sam on the roof.

In the second one, they took a Darth Vader take on him. I liked it, but I see why others didn't. Also, he told Starscream that even in death there is no command but his. That. Was. Awesome.

In the third one, he was a good strategist, and ONLY Megatron leads. Enough said.

I also liked his interactions with Starscream in all 3 movies. I could feel he and only he was the Decepticon leader. Not Fallen, not Sentinel (especially not him!) but Megatron.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The character was awesome. Did he do anything to outshine other Megatrons? No, he was fairly standard as far as plans go, but he had a good personality, excellent voice and great designs.

16. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

17. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Loved the designs, liked the voice, hated the way the writers treated him in the movies.
    Novels did it so much better, but I can see the practical reason for cutting all his character development.

18. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

Megatron was bad ass in the first film, i mean if it wasn't for sam megatron would have killed optimus. I still liked him in the second movie and still thought he was menacing though i didn't like how he was the fallen's lackie but did't mind it. By the third film megatron hit an all time low. At least he redeemed himself before optimus took his face and spine :lol .