Was Megatron Awake The Whole Time?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Mar 19, 2008.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this is spinning out of the idea that the transformers created by the allspark were evil because they were based off of Megatron. Which apparently came from the screenwriters.
    So I couldnt help but think bumblebee who was the last trWHY Megatron and not ansformer to touch it?
    Why would Megatrons influence stay with the allspark?
    Consider that Megatron and the allspark were in contact with each other for at least decades. During that time Megatron's influence could have currupted the allspark in the same way Thunderwing affected the Matrix. But what affect did the allspark have on Megatron?
    Consider the possibility that Megatron was bought back online by the allspark years before Frenzy sets him free. This would explain a lot about movie Megatron.
    He speaks english more then any other decepticon. Where did he learn it? Maybe it was from years of listening to them as they performed tests on him.
    Once free from the ice he goes right into attack mode with out taking even a second to orient himself. Killing his captors. This gives a great justification for his hatred of humans and how he seems to know soo much about them while hes fighting Prime.

I like this idea for two reasons.
    It Makes Megatron more of a tortured warrior then just a madman.
    Also if Megatron and the allspark did develop this connection then what really happned when they were merged together.?????

2. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Paragraphs are a good thing.

3. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Dunno about Megs being 'awake' as such or in contact with the Allspark, but I do think he was aware enough to have an idea about what has been going on around him, and what the humans have been doing to him.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I saw no indication that Megatron had any contact with the "All Spark" at all.

And idea is not that Megatron influenced the "All Spark" but that all human technology is derived from parts of Megatron.

So all the new robots that the "All Spark" gave life to on earth were evil because they were made from parts created from reverse engineering done on technology based on donations from Megatron.

That being said its not a theory I believe completely.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. A computer that runs a missile system and a computer that runs a medical machine both come from the same basic technology, but one helps preserve life while the other blows stuff up.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

And the idea from the writters was that all basic technology on earth was derived by studying Megatron.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The Allspark gives life, not personallities. It deosn't matter who touched it. The whole Idea is, Megatron is literally EVIL in metal form. The evil roots are what drove the "Allsparklings" to be so feral, because all, or at least a large amount, of Earth's technology is based off Megatron.

Yeah, more 'aware' than 'awake'. Like he knew that there were things going on, but couldn't process it all while he was "sleeping".

8. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he was awake and aware of what they did to him for those years.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I think he was fully aware the whole time. I mean he did actively imprint the Allspark's location into Witwicky's glasses. He was awake, watching, and waiting while he was kept in a constant state of suspended animation. His mind worked but his body couldn't move so he knew everything that happened around him.

Which, as stated before, gives him great motivation for his hatred of humans.

10. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely aware all the time Sector 7 were poking around him, hence the following exchange with Prime :

"The humans don't deserve to live."
    "They deserve to choose for themselves!"
    "Then you will die with them! Join them in extinction!"

I doubt he just woke up and immediately figured humans were complete scum (well, maybe. This is a Megatron we're talking about here...), more likely he knew everything they studied and stole from him, everything they probed around in and was like a volcano, just slowly filling up with rage but unable to do anything until Frenzy defrosted him and Megs got to throw his hissy fit.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  11. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Megatron had to have been awake the whole time otherwise he'd have no idea what a human was until he was unfrozen in the dam. You have to remember, he never saw a human besides Capt Witwicky, if he actually had 'seen' him at all.

12. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Keep this in mind, Megatron believes that all life forms are beneath him, so, aware or not, he's gonna hate them and feel they don't deserve to live. He knew they were humans because when he saw Starscream and asked where the cube is, Starscream said, "They humans have taken it." So, he knew they were human, if only for a few minutes. He proclaimed himself Megatron when he woke up, or unfroze, maybe because he felt they should know who their killer was.
    Just my theory, I never put that much thought into this before, but it seems pretty logical to me.

13. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

This. He was unable to move but was aware of what was going on in some capacity.

Also on the discussion of the robots the Allspark made earlier in the thread. I don't buy the "Evil because they were derived from Megatron" theory. I say they were feral and confused. Like if you went to bed and woke up somewhere else with no idea how you got there.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I personaly thought it was more like they were "New born" babies kicking and screaming.

15. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Basically, feral or wild is basically a descriptor. They just gained sentience and new abilities and have no idea what the hell is going on. I think that's why Dispensor started firing, he saw what was going on and went with the flow.

16. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Yeah i always took it that, they were 'new borns' have absolutely no experience at all, have no personalities or anything, so just go berserk. They don't know right from wrong or what they are so they just lash out. Its a survival thing.

17. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

huh when me and my mom went to see the movie she asked why the allspark only made evil ones i had no explaination until now also i think we knew from the start that megatron was awake but just immobile dont mean to be theroy basher but the evidence is there so i think your theroy isnt really a theroy sorry

18. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Punctuation is your friend.

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I absolutely don't give the scriptwriters any credit whatsoever for working this stuff out. As far as I'm concerned, any holes in the plot that we in the fandom plug, are still holes in the plot. The script positively sucked.

BUT... going from what we're shown, I think we can only assume that Megs was helpless, frozen, but completely aware for the years he was confined. That's the only explanation for why he can speak english immediately upon being thawed, and feels the need to announce himself in that language. It also explains his lack of disorientation and anger at being confined by a bunch of primitives.

ALSO... giving him some agency in the whole Captain Witwicky's Glasses thing makes a HELL of a lot more sense than Captain Witwicky "accidentally" activated Megatron's guidance system by "accidentally" touching his finger, and it "accidentally" burned a map of his location "accidentally" onto his glasses. Like, give me a break!

As for a link with the Allspark, I don't buy it. Megs and the Allspark weren't really in contact that much. Megs was in the arctic, Allspark landed at the site of the future Hoover Dam. They never put them in the same spot together really... kept them in separate insulated chambers.

I also have to wonder about this whole "all earth tech is retro-engineered from Megatron" " thing. Stupid... utterly stupid.

That would have to mean that the humans thawed out Megs, dissected him to see what made him tick, sawed him up into parts, etc... which would give Megs a REALLY good reason to hate humans, but we certainly never see any evidence of that happening. You can't exactly retro-engineer modern technology from a dormant block of stationary ice. Remember, they supposedly kept Megatron on ice for 100 years, starting back in the 19th century. I don't know how they did all this freezing and retro-engineering when they were at a 19th century tech level to begin with!

Poppycock, I say. Poppycock!!

That's the explanation I personally adhere to... though it's kind of ridiculous that all the Sparklings are born with sophisticated weapons systems (a la the Nokia phone). I mean, by that logic, I guess Movie TFs can just make any kind of gun they want out of their body, whenever they want, right?

sigh...

Man, it would be "awesome" if everyone involved with the script and direction of the first movie just came down with some kind of horrible disease... like the Curse of Tutankhamen... and then someone with a brain (and the will to actually use it) got to take over the sequel. Then maybe we wouldn't have to fan-retcon all the mistakes and obscurities left over. :) 

zmog

20. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

And if Megatron was aware the whole time why didn't he communicate with the other Decepticons? Surely he had use of his comm-link thingy even if the rest of the body was frozen?