Was just watching Transformers the Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Hakaida, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Hakaida

Hakaida New Member

Was just reliving my childhood and watching Transformers the Movie and I was thinking, since the market groups are focusing on the Gen X and all those old movies are being rehashed in 3D, why don't they re-release Transformers the Movie (1986) in that format? In the big screen, some of the parts in the movie (POV in the cab of Optimus and the POV in the spaceship crashing into the planet) were made for 3D.

2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    It's a 2D animated film (it won't work), that was panned by critics, did poorly in the Boxoffice and there would no point at all.

3. Hakaida

Hakaida New Member

back then, but what about now, since nostalgia is in, I would take the shot. Hell, the disneys shows were 2d and the were made into 3d, the technology not there? I don't think so.

4. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

It also features a bunch of characters that failed to take off and fell by the wayside, while the characters that became the iconic Transformers are barely in it. It just wouldn't work, especially after the films and Prime got a new generation into the franchise.

I mean there's a reason there's been an Optimus in every iteration, while Rodimus has never been used in major capacity again.

5. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I'd go see it! I would't mind seeing TRANSFORMERS PRIME in 3D either . . . a feature film would be cool.

6. Hakaida

Hakaida New Member

It would teach hollywood how a real transformers movie is suppose to be done.

7. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

+1...

8. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

Yes having kids relive optimus's death again, good idea. As if all the kids crying when he died in rotf in my theaters doesnt say something.

9. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

little diff when its a live action movie than a cartoon..but ya i cried when prime died in the 86 movie..:confused2 ..different era..kids now a days are way more up to speed w/things then us gen x kids

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be against the idea. Though I don't think that they'd be willing to spend $X on converting it to 3D. As much as it holds nostalgic value for some, I don't think it could make back that money. But hey, I'd see it!

Wow... :lol  Fixed for ya'. Two different movies attempting two different things in two radically different times.

By that logic, you should take Superman: Doomsday or All-Star Superman to Hollywood execs and order them to re-release it in theatres AND in 3D, telling them that "This is how a real Superman movie should be done!". Of course they'll listen to you. It'd make mad bank, right?

11. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go see it over and over again. I just don't see how they would make any money on it. However, I think a 3-D Transformers Prime movie would do very well.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doupt they would sacrifice Profit for Quality.