Was it like this last year..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Apr 22, 2009.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Before the movie toys came out? I got back into TF collecting when TF1 came out and havent looked back since but I didnt even know TFW was around until I started looking as I was collecting toys.

Were there leaked images of toys for the last film and all kinds of Chinese factory theft and scalping happening?

I've always wondered....

edit*
    err... i meant last movie...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh yes there were. I myself have a mangled face starscream test shot and marked up FAB from then.

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    2 years ago....

Use the News Search feature and look up a bunch of old front page articles. Interesting flashback.

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I remember when I got back into it. When the first movie toys came out, I was like, 'oh look, they're all there, all get them tomorrow.' Then the next day: "Oh crap?! Where'd they go?!?!?!" So I started collecting again. I dropped out cuz I hated the Cybertron line, and Armada kinda sucked hard in my opinion.

5. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

this is exactly why i stopped even looking at TFs.. thats another thread though..

6. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:

Yeah, I forgot about the Energon line as well, hated all that too. They just looked goofy, and colorful tires didn't suit me. The movie line pulled me in because it had really realistic cars, and none of the awful kibble Alternators have.

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

you also forgot that no real new releses on the Classics front, just maybe a few new molds as everbody was gearing up for movie toys

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much. Leaked toys, "escaped" factory samples, scalping, people bitching about the design aesthetic, people complaining about the ending of the other TF line(s) to make room for the movie (at that time, Classics and Cybertron), people swearing they'd never buy another TF again and Hasbro had "ruined TFs forever!", etc. The build-up to RotF has been almost exactly like what happened for TFTM back in 2007.

9. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Whoa, glad I dodged that bullet. I honestly haven't seen it so crazy this time around. I guess cuz most people know they're gonna continue the animated and universe lines after/through the movie line.

10. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Yeah, it sucks for those of us that collect that line.