Was it ever revealed where Hot Rod and the rest of the new '86 movie cast came from?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Recall, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to think they were just on cybertron and emigrated once they had lost the fight on cybertron and Autobot city was constructed.

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I see three possibilities:

1. They were part of a resistance group on Cybertron.

2. They were somewhere else in the galaxy and caught word of Optimus's presence on Earth.

3. They were created in that 20 years time.

Could be a combination of all three.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
  4. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Thanks for the link,Fit! I always thought that Megs finally gave up on conquering earth and finally consolidated his position on Cyberton. Metroplex was built on earth in the toon continuity.

5. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    And then Trypticon was somehow built out of a human city overnight without anybody noticing until he transformed.

That's witchcraft, that is *folds arms*

6. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, there was a whole war going on on Cybertron, and the Ark only contained a small amount of both sides, which was meant to come back and continue to assist the war effort. I always assumed that the entire planet was populated with bots we never saw.

7. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Due to Cybertron's energy crisis, I assumed that most of the planet's population was elsewhere in the universe, or in stasis. With the exception of Shockwave, his drones, and a few small resistance groups.

8. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Prime mentions in Ultimate Doom that "we have friends there!" which implies that many still live on Cybertron although in a state that's weakened because of the energy crisis. I believe that the war was stagnant for 4 million years thanks to Shockwave's efforts but most were in hiding. The second season bots showed up out of no where but my best guess is they were the crews looking for Optimus and MEgatron. I'll bet Omega Supreme and Astrotrain where there shuttles respectively. AS for the third and fourth season bots, they were always on Cybertron and met up with the rest inbetween seasons 2 and 3.

9. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I gotta go with smkspy/Dreamwave. That series STARTED as a way to interlink the 2nd and 3rd seasons. Obviously, they went there own way after a while and started their own continuity but a lot of questions could be answered by looking at the DW comics. Take the good, leave the bad is what I think.

Mick was an awesome writer. I miss him. Furman is great as well and I mean no disrespect by that comment. But its such a damn shame that Pat Lee had to go an F it up for a lot of fans as well as Brad and Don and countless others.

10. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I agree. What the DW comic seemed to be getting ready for was its own variation of the movie. I do think they could've done some things differently but all in all Figeroa's art rocked.