Was I crazy to spend $50 on this Alt?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by flywheels, Mar 2, 2007.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260084879394&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

When I called Master Collector today to renew my membership for both the TF and GIJoe clubs and while I had them on the phone I decided to ask them about the future availability of the Rumble Alt. After the customer service rep did a little searching for me I was told that it's been 'cancelled' as Hasbro wants to fully support the movie. Whether or not that means it's coming out at all or just later in the year is beyond me.

So that got me to thinking about Ravage. If he's gonna have a smaller production run like Swerve and Camshaft received + with him being a Wal*Mart store exclusive I figured he'd be hard to find down the road. $50 is a lot, but it's better than paying more later, right?

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    If it was woth it to you, than it wasn't crazy IMO. I am sure everyone here has paid more for a figure than someone else would have. Plus it's Ravage, it's not like you paid $50 for Wheelie.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    That's a decent price for something that's relatively hard to find in the US.

4. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

When was it declared that Ravage is going to be a Walmart exclusive?

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i can assure you ravage is not on short production. were getting solid cases of him here and his shelfwarming even.

just a matter of time.

6. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    But KA, your version is not the North American version, so it doesn't matter if the Euro version of Ravage is a shelfwarmer since it's not the version the US will get. For now, that's like saying G1 Overlord was a shelfwarmer in the UK back then when it actually never came to North America. :) 

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

How much would shipping be on one of those from Malaysia to the US? ;) 

8. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

I paid 40$ US for Ravage shipped, and it was well worth it.

It was from kooltoyz.ca, but they're sold out now :/

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, wait a minute, Hasbro cancelled Alt Ravage's US release? I wonder if that means they're going to cancel the release of Alt Rumble too? Makes sense that I haven't even seen hide nor hair of either of them and they were supposed to have a mid January release state side...

Oh well, wasn't that interested in either of them anyways. Who knows? Maybe they'll come out later after the movie...

10. canprime

canprime Well-Known Member

You over paid if the figure comes out this month (March) and is stocked in all retail stores for $20. However, if it somehow doesn't get a wide release, ala Swerve, then the aftermarket price will be sky high and you will have gotten a deal.

It's a matter of perspective.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    not the same.

lets look at what happened with alt nemy prime. he was supposed to be an exclusive. ppl freaked when initial stocks were depleted. then these started flooding the SEA. then we saw these pop back in circulation state-side (online).

the stock/quantity is there. even wih the diff, packaging im sure both version share the same source point.

12. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Doesn't mean anything, look at Camshaft. Shelfwarmer in Canada, nowhere to be found in the US.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    well, in that case...we'll see.

14. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Swollen Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone contacted hasbro to find out if Rumble and Ravage are coming here.
    On one hand it would be a waste of product and loss of sales to not have them available in North America. But on the Other hand we should have started seeing them in NA packaging at least on Ebay by now.

15. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    seeing as they're new molds, I have no doubt they'll be availible here, in some capacity. If they were just repaints of old molds, it might be a different story.

16. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The movie toys are due for release about the same time in multiple markets across the world. IIRC, Hasbro have never released any previous TF line in so many countries at the same time.

Perhaps factories are simply tied up due to increased production, and Alts being a secondary concern are pushed back.

Flimsy comparison. When Overlord was released in Europe there weren't ANY TFs being released in the U.S.

Odds are a cut and paste response would be sent back.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've been in contact with the TFCC regaring both of these since late November when I placed my preorder for them. We were charged in early December (well before Christmas), and since then TFCC has told me they're waiting on Hasbro. My preorder will be refunded and canceled if/when either or both of those have been canceled. As of today, my preorder still remains active.

I'm waiting on Hasbro to contact me back about these two as well. If/when I get an update, I'll be sure to report it.

I'm not refuting you at all (honestly, nothing surprises me about either the Alt or BT line at this point), but at the same time I've had mine paid off as well, just waiting.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Crap No walmarts in ottawa Jave Alternators so as jigsaw said in Scary Movie 4

I am sooo F**Ked well Thank God I Don't really want him

Infact Just The other week I got 2 Pm's for alternators Camshaft it you guys can't find him by next month I'l Pick up some more and sell them

I really Tracks and Sunstreaker more than Ravage way More

19. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Checked my preorder status with BBTS and they told me ''We are waiting on Hasbro but do not expect any problems receiving this item.''

Still got my fingers crossed for rumble :p 

20. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I knew this would sell out. Yet I did nothing about it.