Was G1 Scorponok Ever Reissued?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Black Omega, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

So I ask this question of my fellow board members for a particular reason. I have a vintage 100% complete G1 Scorponk for sale for $375 plus shipping (shameless plug, I know). And I just had a board member with only 33 posts who (according to his profile) was born in 1996 (a good 9 years after G1 Scorponok's release) tell me that mine is a reissue and only worth $100 - $200.

I am very positive that G1 Scorponok was never ever reissued. And the vintage one I'm selling is one I bought off of a best friend and fellow TF collector about 2 years ago who got this figure for his birthday as a kid in 1987 and took crazy good care of the figure to the point of not even putting the stickers on the thing. I even have pics of the figure in my sales thread for it.

I know my best friend and trust him. I don't know this board member and have no reason to trust them. I have been re-collecting TF's since 2000 and have never heard of or seen any reissue of Scorponok.

So did I miss something and he has been reissued?

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it wasn't reissued. Looking at my own as I type this.

3. Black Omega

I didn't think it had been. So what in the world would make someone think it was?

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

I don't remember it ever being re-issued, but I suppose something might've slipped under my radar.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it's never been reissued. What was this person's reasoning for why they thought it was a reissue?

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Probably a troll. Or thought they could argue you into a cheaper price.

7. Black Omega

Originally Posted by unicron6666
    im sorry to say wouve got a reissue the black autobot sticker that changes colors when rubed tells you its a reissue id price him for at least 100-200 bucks but you want sell him for 375 go ahead i just wanted to tell you not trying to be mean

In looking at this the guy does not know what he is talking about. He believes the rub sticker makes it a reissue!!!! :lolol  This guy must not know that rub stickers were prevelant on original G1 toys in 1987.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I'm positive it's never been reissued. Out of all the City bots, only Metroplex has been officially reissued.

He's just trying to get you to sell for a lower price by making you doubt yourself.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Unless it came out again in the Chinese cartoon tie in releases in the early 1990's I don't think it's been reissued. I've never seen one or heard of one but it's not impossible that there might be an Official Chinese or Korean one that came out later.

But I'd tentatively say no it's not been reissued and even if it has the reissue would be rarer than the original

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    No there is no reissue or chinese relese of Scorpenok. He was relesed in the US and Japan in the 1980's. Only other time that mold was used was for Black Zarak.

the person telling you this is just trying to sngg him cheap or something. I say just put him on ignore.

11. Black Omega

That is an excellent point. Which means this guy's rational could justify me charging more. Lol. Failed logic I'd say. And I agree with others that he may be trying to get me to doubt myself to watch me drop the price. I should raise the price in spite but that wouldn't be fair to anyone interested in my sale though.

12. Sludge

Sludge Forged to Fight username: Roybot

News Credits:
    No friggin way! If it had been reissued I would own it... LOL

13. Black Omega

You and about 1000 other fellow board members. The person claiming this to me just doesn't know what he is talking about.

14. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    "It's one in a million! If you can't find it on Google it must be rare!" :lol 

15. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be a nice candidate for a reissue, then we can get an E-hobby repaint of Black Zarak w/o GPS :) 

16. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    +1 Dam Straight!

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, but it would be glorious if they did.

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    That someone is just wanting it at a lower price is all.

+2, Fort Max as well.:D 

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    That Chinese factory/Factories that makes G1 fakes is supposed to be working on a heck of a load of 80s robots from all sorts of lines and I think Scorpy is on the list... I just wonder if they do fake him in 2012 what if Takara finally decide to reissue him (he's been on their to do list along with the Dinobots forever and a day). It might be humorous to see a faked G1 Scorpy and an an encore one in the same year.

I don't think the fake Scorpy is out for a while though as I think other stuff is on the list before him... I'll have to see if I can find the list I think it's got Fortress Maximus, Star Saber (original colours and box design) on the KO list for later too. curiously I've heard nothing about a Victory Lio fake which is odd. I think the initial ones might be Dinokaiser and Dinoteam fakes. With a possible Autobot Rescue team combiner being made too. I think the next thing to hit retail will be /or already is the Computron and Abominus boxed sets... I understand there's some arm twisting being done to try to get the Victory era Protectobots/Combaticons re-made too. but there's some hesitancy there due to the persistent rumour that Takara is going to reissue the Protectobots in 2012 and they might do a repaint of both too.

I just hope that the idea of Shattered Glass Abominus and Computron gets some traction as I can't see there ever being an official set of them but it's down to if the makers of the fake ones sees any merit in a repaint of that sort.

So there's at least a reasonable chance of either a fake or official Scorponok toy in 2012 I'd say maybe a Takara one or maybe a KO. but still either is better than paying Hundreds for an original one if you are tied up for cash.

I just hope whoever does make one also makes a Black Zarak but it's hard to keep track of who's doing what as I know of at least 4 factories working on new "Quality" G1 fakes that are as yet unreleased - if you want to know more there are people on here with a lot more insider knowledge than I can claim who are best asked.

I was quite impressed by the oversize G1 Soundwave that came out not so long ago (on a funky looking card) I wonder if that will get made in white or black sometime as oversize or not that looks like lots of fun to me to see in alt colours...

20. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I see what you did there. It's as rare as a G1 Hoist leg.