Was DOTM Skyhammer supposed to be a Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, May 18, 2011.

?

Was DOTM Skyhammer suppose to be a Prime?

1. Yup, and one of the already established ones.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yeah, but an original one who deserves a name

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. No, but he was suppose to be someone else (Ultra Magnus, etc)

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Maybe, but it doesn't matter now, he is Skyhammer and that is who he will remain

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Nope, he was never a Prime. Always Skyhammer...just a coincindence with the headsculpt.

25 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Ok, I think I remember people mentioning this before, but now that I have the toy in hand it becomes more and more clear: Skyhammer and Optimus/Sentinel have alot in common.

I mean, we have the heads:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All three have the horn ears/antennas, the forehead plate. Optimus and him have the check vent extensions...

Then there are the broad shoulders and arm plating, the knees with stick out knee caps (by that, I mean the guards don't cover the knees but instead point out towards you). Skyhammer even has an Energon sword, given to him by Optimus.

Then there is the fact that he was released in Wave 2. So far, he is the only non-movie-based figure to come out in Voyager or Deluxe (or to even be revealed). It's strange that he would be introduced so soon.

Which makes me wonder...was he suppose to be a Prime, maybe even originally in the movie(IE in a flashback, maybe showing The Fallen killing off the Primes and leaving only Sentinel and Optimus?), but then a change caused them to have to scrap that and give him a new name and bio?

And if he was suppose to be a Prime, who should he have been? Nova Prime? Vector Prime? A movie-original Prime (I personally would go with Malleus Prime, Malleus being the latin word for Hammer.)

Or am I just reading too much into this?

2. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

If he was they would have just made him ultra Magnus.

3. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

From the looks of his headsculpt, it looks like the original intent.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No, he was never supposed to be a Prime. His head doesn't match Sentinel or Optimus. The "ears" and crest are on tons of non-Prime TFs.

5. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The hip panels look very much like Sentinel Prime's and Ironhide's.

6. vr6mitch

vr6mitch Sonic Engineer/Architect

I think it's too soon to speculate into character background and i'm waiting to see what is learned about him from the movie. No mention of him in the prequel comics either, but i do like the story of OP giving him the sword part of his mechtech weapon.

I need clarification on this:
    I'm not sure about any of that. How's a DOTM figure not movie-based? And how would the wave it's released in indicate anything about the bio or background of a character?

I'm not bashing, just wondering

7. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    What I mean is that he is a character in the Movie Universe who, unless Bay has one last surprise for us, was not based on a movie character.

I did do some research and I will admit I was off on my figuring. For Revenge of the fallen we got, in wave 2.5, Stratosphere.

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I am not sure about whether Skyhammer will be in the movie or not,but he does bare a striking resemblance to Optimus and Sentinel.Also I know there is a helicopter like him but I can't seem to find it,not sure if its a US or Russian type,but will let yall know if I find it.

And sorry to bring this up but maybe Hasbro is playing with us and will reveal at Botcon that he is actually one of the Original 13 in the TF Continuity.

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    No. A lot of figures have Prime-esque heads. Would you blame them? It's a sweet look.

10. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahhh, the hips......thats it, he MUST be a prime then :D 

Sorry, couldn't resist :p 

11. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Eh, there might be a little resemblence, but not very much. I mean, it's not like this guy we're talking about )

[​IMG]

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

It's true, it is an iconic robot noggin!

Oh and you needed to add to your poll: Nope, but he will be in my little fanworld.

13. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

14. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    He does have some features that, in the movie-verse, seem to be Prime staples. The head is similar to the other two, there's the Prime style hips and other bits and bobs.

Maybe he's a descendent - but without a direct enough link to claim the title. I've also wondered why a non-movie figure is in the first two waves of voyagers. Thinking about it, could he actually have a role? As a Helicopter, he could be entirely CG.

Looking at images of him - he seems to have those rare features in Movie Transformers (Bot or Con) - a fully humanoid form. Fingers, a face, straight back... During Prime's design in 07, ILM intended for him to look noble. And, you know, I think Skyhammer has a noble bearing about him. Looking forward to getting him, that's for sure.

15. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Yeah, I am regretting that now, as I do plan to give him some minor paint apps and make him Malleus Prime, to stand next to Optimus, Sentinel and my Movie Ultra Magnus (a custom repaint of Movie 1 Optimus)

16. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

as I said in the other topic about Sky Hammer, he'll be my Ultra Magnus, he just looks as one :D  xD I don't think he'll be in the movie, but his details are enough for me to call him UM, don't care about trucks or white repaints of prime
    and I think he was sorta magnus in design stages, maybe changed later, or as some say, maybe he was going to be in the movie anyways, as in ROTF was Breakaway (wave 1, deluxe) but then later removed :p 

17. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There have been many who have heads that have a resemblance to Optimus Prime. IDW came up with a creepy/sad explanation for why they make there heads look like him.

18. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Dude, I was thinking this when I saw the pictures from Toyfare. I'm glad I am not alone. lol

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Primus Apothesis or something. Yeah, basically robits who want to be Optimus.

20. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would argue against that but there's no denying it :lol 
    damn beat me to it ;)