Was Device Label Ravage KO'd?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rattraprules98, Sep 8, 2011.

1. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Like the title says. I'm looking to buy one, but I want the official product.

Thanks,
    Rattraprules98

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Yes, the 8 GB version.

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yup... You want one? LOL :D 

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I bought the official product when it first came out, it broke first transformation (the plastic around the usb detached and the spring pinged out), it still works and transforms having been put back together, but it makes me think you might as well go for the cheaper KO with biggr memory if the quality on the official release is dodgy.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Yup, surely did.

Here is a pic of the KO being mischievous:

[​IMG]

6. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! Wow,I had no idea that it had issues...

Hey Alucard, would you mind posting some more pics?

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I am at work now. But I could possibly take more when I get home today. I just have to see how good my 2 yo is going to be tonight.

8. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Actually there are 2 KO's of Ravage.

The one Alucard owns has a longer body with a pretty big hole towards the back end, a wider head and tail, tail only has a 165 degree arc, and transforms slightly differently due to remolded simplified parts (the front legs are attached to the long body piece that forms a frame around the main body/head/usb drive part). One good thing is that in Alt mode he looks more solid. It can also be found in white plastic as a Decepticon Tigertron, which is the type I have.

The other one, which is better IMO, has a shorter body with no gapping hole in the middle, a smoother feline shaped head, has grooves on the main body frame for front legs to lock into, tail has a 190 degree arc, and the front legs are attached to the main body/head/usb drive piece. The only draw back of this one (IMO) is that the Alt mode doesn't look real solid due to having a few small gaps around the head/main body/usb drive piece. I have also seen this type as Cheetor with yellow plastic and painted spots.

I'll post some side by side pics later.

9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    There's a better one than that out now:

[​IMG]

It's the shorter bodied version, looks alot closer to the original device label.

10. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

I was wondering how the oversized KO rockets would look on my Ravage. Thanks for that pic, Tigerblade.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ what kind of mods did you have to do to attach the g1 (oversized?) weapons?

12. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Where did you get him from. The whole in the one I have drives me a bit nuts.

13. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Here are the side-by-side pics of the 2 Ravage KO's.

@Alucard: I got mine off Ebay, but you need to be careful some sellers will picture (the better?) one and send you the other (gapping hole) one.

Attached Files:

14. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    At the moment....white tac! Does the job for a display model and you can't really see it :D 

They are the oversized rockets from the crappy Ravage you get with the oversized KO Soundwave.

From eBay, this guy:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

He shows the differences between the two KO's. the legs in particular are chunkier and more like the original.

No problems! I don't suppose you have PE Frenzy & Rumble? Have been wondering what they look like next to this Ravage/oversize Soundwave.

Another pic of him reprolabeled and up against Hound:

[​IMG]

think I might paint his eyes yellow tho.

15. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have the original and haven't experienced any problems with it, however, it seems the knockoffs might be a good option to take in your pocket to use with school and work and such.

also, Tigerblade, pls pose Ravage in front of your priceless Faberge egg collection, the $600 stack of 3d glasses isn't quite doing it for me! :D  lol

16. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    Wow, this thread got busy while I was away! Thanks guys! What would an official one go for? Does the official one have a purple con symbol?

Thanks!

17. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    lol I literally have nowhere else to pose them due to my wife being a childminder and I wasn't gonna start redoing my display!! It's either on the floor for photo's if there are no kids about, or if they are then they are in display or a mash up under the tv if they aren't displayed together. It's a good way to store the glasses tho! Away from prying fingers.....

The original has a smaller 'con symbol further down it's neck. No sticker on the shoulder tho, I added that to be more G1'esque. You'll be lucky to find one tho, I was searching for a loooong time till I came across the KO's. I only pulled the trigger then because they are now very close to the original.

18. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    Hmm, I might see if I can get a purple con symble with a black background to go over that teal one... Thanks!

19. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

Tigerblade here are afew pics of KO Ravage with PE Rumble/Frenzy and other PE figures and stand-ins for other cassette-bots, along with WFC Soundwave and my custom Classics Soundwave.

In the last pic from left to right WFC Soundwave, Fakebusker's Thugger, PE The Moon, PE The Sun, PE Rumble, Titanium Laserbeak, Custom PE Kingbat, Custom Classics Soundwave, KO DL Ravage, Classics Ravage, Universe Laserbeak, Real Gear x10 Booster, KO Tigertron, Cyberverse Hatchet, PE Frenzy, PCC minicon Beacon.

I use Beacon as a stand-in for Beastbox, and Hatchet as a movie-verse Ravage.

I normally keep the PE birds with my Protector armored BiS Rodimus, but since they are the same molds as PE's Laser and Buzz I thought you guys would like to see them next to the KO's.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

Attached Files:

20. rattraprules98

News Credits:
    Thanks, that's a great custom by the way!