was cybertron really destroyed????

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kindred187, Nov 26, 2011.

1. kindred187

kindred187 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ok was watching the movie again for the 300 time with my son and he made a comment ( dad only 25% of cybertron was though the space bridge , its possible that only that part was destroyed and the rest of cybertron is still intact ) i thought... well thats possible i guess..... kids ( go figure ) anyone else wanna chim in on this one?

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    That's an interesting idea. Maybe somewhere out there there's still 75% of Cybertron chillin' in space. Sort of the like the half-destroyed Death Star.

That actually gets cooler the more I think about it.

3. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I think it was more than just 25%

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

It's extremely possible that none of the planet was destroyed. Perhaps what we saw was the planet disappearing as the space bridge collapsed from real space.

Another possibility is that since Hasbro has stated that Cybertron is the size of Saturn, that only 15% of the planet was destroyed; say the northern hemisphere of the planet.

Either way, I doubt that Hasbro would agree to allow the planets destruction, so as to allow an open area for future writers of the films.

5. transformer8448

transformer8448 The Analyst

Nah, I think Cybertron is somewhere out there chillin'. Biding its time for its eventual appearance in the next movie.

Maybe Primus will come into play the next time round, and so will Unicron. *wishful thinking*

6. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would actually make a nice homage to the original cartoon, which always depicted Cybertron with about a quarter missing.

7. HmHeggins2000

HmHeggins2000 New Member

I think in the next movie we will hear what happened to cybertron.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    No.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, Cybertron was destroyed. By Bumblebee and Ratchet. Take them to the Hague.

10. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron was being sucked into a vortex (possibly a black hole) whilst exploding. It sure doesn't look good.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it was destroyed. Looked like it totally collapsed in on itself.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Doubt it. Only a small portion made it through, you can tell by the curve that wasn't even a quarter of the whole planet. Maybe not even a fifth.

On the bright side, it probably visually resembles Tick-moon Cybertron of G1 now.

13. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    At least half the planet was destroyed. First being severed, and then disintegrated and sucked into a vortex. If it had teleported back, it would have slowly disappeared without any harm befalling it, but that clearly didn't happen. And I really, really doubt the rest of the planet can survive with that much missing.

14. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

From what I saw, Cybertron got sucked in by a black hole, and we all know what happens to matter when it's absorbed by a black hole. The weird thing is, the black hole didn't suck in Earth, but it's science fiction so it doesn't have to be realistic.

15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Cybertron is space dust

16. Ironhidebot

Ironhidebot Wrecker

That's an interesting idea, although I'm pretty sure half of a planet wouldn't stay together too well

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It was an already nearly-dead world ravaged by untold years of relentless war, dragged through spacetime, carved in half and then smashed back together, then it had what appeared to be some kind of singularity dropped at its centre.

Outlook: Not Good.

It would probably collide with the other half and grind together over a long period of time (possibly shredding itself to rubble in the process) until it worked itself back into a gravitationally stable sphere, I would think.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives TFW2005 Supporter

Correct me if I am wrong, but in the theater I could SWEAR I remember seeing stars behind the space bridge lattice pretty much the entire time. The semi spherical lattice that was in orbit was not the planet after all, I guess at some point someday when I get to see it again I will know for sure.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Perhaps the animators animated the effect strangely, and it looked more like part of the planet was being destroyed. They never said anything about it at the end of the film, and if the planet was destroyed you think they would.

20. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

Well, it's not an organic planet, it's just a hunk of metal. So in essence, it's like saying a half a bike would be worthless if it went missing. . . You could always turn it into a unicycle.