was Bulkhead wrong? (ARMADA SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by MTME, Apr 22, 2012.

?

Did Bulkhead go too far in killing Starscream?

1. Yes he did go too far, and should not have killed him

65 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. No, he didn't go too far, Starscream deserved it

100 vote(s)
    60.6%
  1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SPOILERS for ARMADA

Was Bulkhead wrong in killing Starscream?
    He even looked shocked after he did it looking at his hands strangely.
    I noticed the wuote was almost the same from the movies
    "You left me no choice Starscream"
    "You left me no choice, brother"

I know people might argue that we already have an Armada discussion thread, (but look at how many other Armada threads are out there discussing other things)
    this is specifically to address what Bulkhead did.
    War is war and there will be casualties on both sides but the Autobots seem to operate on a different code of honor.
    After all Arcee didn't kill Arachnid she put her in stasis where as Bulkhead killed Starscream (well the clone but he didn't know that).
    Granted there wasn't a stasis pod available, but once Starscream was out cold Bulkhead could have stopped but he didn't.
    In operation Breakdown Bulkhead even saved him but kills Starscream....and I noticed Optimus didn't say anything about it to Bulkhead yet compliments Arcee for her actions.

AAAANNNNDDDD......discuss

2. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks for making this thread Bulkhead was fucking brutal. I didn't think he had it in him.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Intresting point you have there. I guess you could say that Bulkhead let his emotions got the better of him that time. Though unlike Arcee it wasn't as severe. He seemed a little remorseful about it later on. Wonder how Optimus would've reacted to it.

4. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Yes.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes.

6. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Yes, and it reminded me of the end of TF07 as well. Megatron definitely had left Optimus no choice at that point. Starscream's clone was just being a jerk.

7. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

It was cruel, but necessary (IMO)

GO BULKHEAD!

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    As far as ways to die go, I'd rather get shot or stabbed than have my brains beaten out.

9. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    It's pro-Starcee. If Bulkhead is mad at Starscream, then Ratchet won't install his t-cog. That increases the probability of Arcee doing it.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    'Maybe' as a third choice??--in the circumstances, yeah, I can see that it would have been sanctioned, even by Optimus. Autobots do have to kill Cons. It happens, even in the novels, the animated series. When they feel it's their last option, they kill, it's not like he shot him on sight, without a discussion first.

Bulkhead probably had one hell of an Energon headache, he's on the warship, disoriented, feeling a bit outnumbered, first he sees the V/cons and then SS....no, he didn't know it was a clone at the time, but given that SS said the wrong things, made the wrong threats, so yeah, it was 'justified' :) 

11. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    In the sense that he had beat Prime to pulp, I agree Optimus didn't have a whole lot of choices at all. I never understood that line from the movie, since Sam made the choice and did it.

As far as Bulkhead goes all I could think was its about time.

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Your extrapolation, as modeled on an exponential curve, follows a degree I can't even describe. Just when I think you're gonna hit an asymptote—boom, the next episode comes along, and the fraction becomes oblique again.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think so.

I'm honestly tired of the Autobots being pacifists.

14. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    To be trutfull Arcee's not the pacifist type.

15. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Arcee did not put Airachnid into stasis. She was fully prepared to fight. Airachnid ended up backing into it. It just happened this way. Arcee even states it wasn't what she wanted. WHY do people not realise this and seem to think Arcee did a great/nice/right thing and praise her? It's just not how it happened.

As for Bulkhead. Yeah I think he went a bit "crazed/overboard" there. Filled with rage and only realised later what had happened. To which is lame comment of "You made me do it" seemed pretty bad/low for him...

16. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I actually think people are pissed Arcee didn't snuff her.

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Fair enough. I felt it was a reference to Optimus having made the choice that he was going to kill Megatron or die trying.

And as far as the whole T-Cog thing in Prime, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets systems running on the Harbinger again and figures out a way to get it installed via the ship's automation or something.

18. ken8kuhletz08

ken8kuhletz08 JKC

News Credits:
    Yes. Being the big "lug nut" in the group is no excuse for killing Starscream questionably.

19. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    And what's ironic is that people before were annoyed at Arcee wanting to off Ariachnid before.

Guess it's true what they say. Some people are just never satisfyed with anything. :lol 

20. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

Well that is fine. I'm just saying there are some people going around stating/acting like Arcee was so great and morally good in capturing Airachnid. To which this isn't the case. There was nothing different about this encounter then any of the others, other then Airachnid made a bad mistake/move.

I'm glad Airachnid didn't get killed. It gives them a chance to bring her back if they want/need to. I actually like that Arcee (and the others) are not goodie goodie completely perfect good guys. They have emotions. People get pissed. People get vengeful. People act. It makes her more real that she isn't someone who can just be like "Ok, we cool. Now. I forgive you."

I have no problem with Arcee wanting revenge. It might not make her a perfect goodie good guy, but it makes it more real. Not everyone needs to be perfect and noble to be still considered good.

As for Bulkhead I am wondering if we are seeing a darker side to him... Or if this was just one of those cases where it was a one time thing.