Heavy/Scratch: WarWithin Tracks

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by FrankyWest, Apr 8, 2009.

1. FrankyWest

FrankyWest As far as it goes

After a long awaited time from my part, and one week away, I'm really happy to be back, and bring you forth my newest custom I have to say i'm really happy to be posting this ''more than work in progress''
    I've been hard at work on this guy since january if not before.

Note, this is my interpratation of Warwithin tracks is to me, he is not in anyway based on the comic, but just how I thought he could look like. He' s built at 100% The colours you see were digibash ontop of some pictures I've taken. I did this so I dont loose too much time on the planning of the figure itself. The reason why they are black and white, is to keep the tease up for the time being till the paint is not yet applied.
    I'll be painting it with a mixture of airbrush and handpainted. Some might recognize a bit of Spurt renoylds in my detailing, hence my warhammer background as well.

I have to thank ptitvite for some advice of his, and the exchange of both original figures for a nice bottle of porto and a universe cyclonus. Thru out the time I'm glad that ptitvite and I befriended with another. Who knew transformers could creater real life friendships at 30 years old!
    we now meet everyweek to talk about numerous projects, I've seen his cave of alibaba filled with treasures!
    I'd also like to site Jaf, wheeljack, satomiblood, hcxpunk, wikkid, redlimit , our long lost friend bill, mentor of many. And all the other artist out there from anyfield. Your thrive, skills, and ability to teach throughout your pictures, I've learned a lot from you guys just by seeing what you do.

I've been around a long time on many of the tf's comunity site but never until last year, posted or showed myself.
    I Hope these few pictures will please your curiosity
    and show, that i'm not only a loud mouth ;) 
    I will eventually want to take commission

I hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed building it
    Your comments are more than welcome!

Frankywest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

very nice !

3. FrankyWest

Merci beaucoup mister! (thanks a whole lot!)
    I'm glad to post something, it has been a while!

4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like the arm mod looks sweet what are you planning on doing with the rear wheels notice they are missing in the pic

5. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Oh, that is sharp, sir. I'm not sure the vehicle mode really fits Tracks's personality, but hot a mighty, those mods you did are really really cool. Can't wait to see what you actually did there.

6. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Saw this one over at the Sector, forgot to drop a comment (sorry).

Regardless...nice moding on the arms. If possible, I would love to see some shots on how that was done. Great job...looking forward to it completed.

7. Tanker

Tanker Active Member

Bleh...

8. Drpee

Drpee Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dont be a jerk dude.

9. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

:thumbdown 

10. FrankyWest

Thanks!, I took off the wheels so that I could prime/ paint it properly underneath, I don't know what i'll do with them just yet. I found some old lego rubber tires at home, but i only have 2, i'll see what i'll do with it!

Thank you, I'm really glad you like those mods. Maybe your right about the vehicule mode, but i find (not to praise myself) that the robot mode is so sweet, that I'd doubt that he'll be in his vehicule mode to often, I'll probably just display him as a robot, but with a back scenario of pictures of him in vehicule mode.

Hey that's ok, I'm just happy you wrote to give your opinion!
    I will, when he is completed! with close up and such!

hehe thank you for your defense, but I was expecting such things ;) 

11. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm loving the added articulation.

12. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    I'm not actually very familiar with the War Within line but what you've done looks very well planned. I can see the fine workmanship involved in this bash. In any case, I would really love to see him in colour! Dun keep us waiting too long ok!

13. FrankyWest

I'm very happy you like it, and thanks for posting!

I'm not familiar with it at all either! It has been a while to get it right, I might have redone the same part 3 to 4 times before it got to my liking. I can say I'm flattered with what you said, thank you for noticing :) 
    And don't worry about the colors, I'd say within a week or so, I'm just fighting on some last issue about some finishing putty, some little imperfections I want to take care off, and also the wings articulation at the top of the shoulders I'm reworking on, I didn't like the gap that was left over in the vehicule mode! I won't promise!

14. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    The custom arms and hands are really nice, and the color is dead on. Any plans on adding more weaponry?

15. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

2 really cool things about this one that really get me. 1, the head sculpting you've done is a PERFECT Tracks. 2, in the Cybertron cartoon Hot Shot had a hard time adapting to his Cybertron Defense mode from being a hot rod, and I assume Tracks would have the same issue. Added with the additional articultion, and youve really done a great job. :thumb  Dead on awesome. :thumb 

16. FrankyWest

I have a gundam gun at home wich I think would be suitable, but, I think a samurai katana's in each hand would look sweet
    What do you think?

Thank you! I like where you're going, this is pretty much how I saw it myself, sort of a inside fighting about his role, and himself. Thank you thank you :) 

17. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    That is awesome!

EDIT: Just saw your comment about wether to add a gun or swords. I say gun. Tracks doesn't strike me as a sword wielding bot all that much. Not that I can't see it at all, but Tracks should have at least one hand held gun.

18. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

cant wait to see this

19. Tanker

Tanker Active Member

not so bad

20. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Gun. The infamous "blinding black beam" gun from his G1 tech specs!:thumbs2: