Warrior Class Twinferno in depth look (RID2015)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Leopard5, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Care to elaborate...?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Agreed. Hell, I enjoyed RID Scorponok, Quillfire and Bisk more than anything from Combiner Wars. Granted, despite CW having a strong start, the endless and unnecessary redecoes that it ended up devolving into turned it into my absolute least favorite TF toyline ever. It's basically the inverse of RID, which had a bad start and developed into a damn good toyline. I'm honestly more hyped for Blurr and Soundwave than I am for most of the upcoming TR stuff, and I really, really, really like TR.

TFWiki explains it in its usual snarky manner.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tanleeseng

tanleeseng Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why but it feels like he may be a heavy retool of Stormshot. Same goes for RID Cyclonus which bear a lot of resemblance to the Starscream mold.

4. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

Yes! I've been looking forward to this guy forever, him & Blurr. Man I hope they hit stock soon.

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Not bad looking for a RID2015 toy.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Kinda boring alt-mode, but the bot-mode looks really good. Pretty much the exact opposite of the TR version imo.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a really weird toy, and oddly not a remold of the TR figure. Dunno what to make of the dragon-plane alt mode, but I like him anyway.

8. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could you please LINK that? I am sorry but why isn't this link in the title? I go to instagram and all I see are unrelated photos and videos. Nothing about Twinferno. I guess this is the norm today for these stupid made-for-phone places like Twitter and whatnot, but they are insanely user-UNfriendly.

9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Cue Slugslinger remold in 3..2.....

• Like Like x 4
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Cool new take on the character. Theres not been much in the RID toyline i wanted
    post Thunderhoof, but i am sure to get this guy.

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Hopefully.

12. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Why are people excited about this?!

What is happening to Transformers these days?!

I weep for the future.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would it be? There's been no crossover between Generations and RiD yet, so why would they start here?

I'll weep for your loss of childhood joy and sense of fun. It didn't deserve this fate.

• Like Like x 3
  14. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RID Windblade uses the Generations toy's arms, sword and scabbard for example. So I would not have been surprised if this guy was a retool, but instead he has the same "horns molded into forearms" look on the dragon heads as the G1 toy, which is interesting.
    His colors (on the CGI shot we saw) were weird, I hope the final toy is less vivid looking. Reminded me of FoC Air Raid's colors.

I guess you missed RID (2001), Armada, Energon, Cybertron, the movies, Animated... people "wept for the future" all the time all day long, and yet, we are getting a G1 accurate Trypticon this year. Guess the doomsayers were just not right, eh? ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  15. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Autobot Warrior

Oh no. Fans like something I don't so I'll complain about this fact even though i should respect their opinion. Fans all have their own reason to like it and you have a reason to hate itt. Don't be one of the opinion hating Transformers Fans. How about you explain why you don't like it instead of questioning why fans like it? Asking such a question is literarily disrespectful because we live in a free world.

So please tell us why you don't like it so we can see both sides of the spectrum.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

and then when someone does explain why they don't like something they're immediately shot down and told to buzz off of things they don't like by people who do like said things.

I hate people.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Because its a dragon-plane and that's awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  18. MartyFeeb

MartyFeeb Wait... it's a bug?!

News Credits:
    I'm personally excited to see the Monsterbots get some love! :D  But then, you already knew that. From seeing my avi?

This toy may suck (in some ways), but by selling it (and hopefully it sells), we are that much closer to a better version. Plus, you are looking at this all WRONG:

Did you want another Optimus or BB toy instead? :lol 

Cause that's the excitement: it's NOT BB or Optimus. You should be grateful Hasbro's character amnesia is slightly clearing up and we get the chance to see some of these cool monsters again. (Wait, did I just comment on a different thread that we don't need fanta-crap monsters in TFs? :lolol )

• Like Like x 1
  19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No she doesn't. There's similarities, but they're entirely different molds.

The arms most certainly are entirely different. Generations' arms are more slender, with a separate shoulderpad piece, and has separated hands with wrist articulation. The fins on her arms are pointed and on the outside edge, while RiD's fins are trapezoidal and on the bottom.

The swords and scabbards are very similar, with the RiD versions details lifted pretty much directly from the Generations version. However, RiD's sword is thicker by a slight bit (silhouette is identical, but there's very subtly different molding at the base of the blade), while the scabbard is significantly wider than Generations. Additionally, RiD's 5mm vehicle mounting peg is near the opening, while Generations' is at the other end. RiD's also has the obvious landing skid at the end, while Generations' just has a flat pad in the same spot.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  20. Leopard5

Leopard5 Human in disguise

News Credits:
    Unfortunately no:( , I'm sorry but it was posted on their Instagram Story and a instagrsm story can be seen on the phone by tapping on their profile picture and it only stays there for 24hrs then it dissapears, try and see if it still on there (but you'll have to try in your phone to see it).

Hope it Helps:)