Warpath

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockprime16, May 9, 2011.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

OK SO im seeing warpath going for some nasty prices even on here. Now what I want to know is Why he is so much or more to the point why are people willing to pay these prices? I mean if we arent will to pay these crazy prices than you would think the cost would go down. What do you guys think am i just nuts or are we being raped for warpath?

2. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

saw one at 32$ cad. that's twice the retail price. i put it on hold. he's not cool enough to buy at that price.

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    E-mail your local Hasbroman and tell em your mad as hell.

4. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

It just upsets me that even on here we have to deal with dirty scalpers. Thats not rite we shouldnt have to worry about that on TFW.

5. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I got mine from BBTS. It took a month for the preorder to ship, but I finally got it and it was only like $10 due to me already having some credit.

The only reason he's being scalped to hell and back is because he's at the very end of the toy line and barely any b&m stores will be stocking him, so he's basically incredibly rare. Also it's a "remake" of a pretty well established character so there's the hype, too.

6. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

scalpers are part collecting. every board online has scalpers. it just depends how upfront they are. gotta accept it.

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    As long as someone pays the inflated price it will happen.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    He just hit retail on the west coast last week, give it some time.

9. LogicalLuke

LogicalLuke Banned

LOL I've come to expect that here, over inflated prices on trades/purchases. Look at what people were getting for Windchargers, a lot more than it's worth. One guy tried to huck me out of 4 figures for one, one. I traded to a fair guy and got two, you just have to look around here. There are people who will take advantage if they can everywhere, it's a sad fact of life. Collecting is no different.

10. Tracker Hound

Tracker Hound Banned

It sucks that Hasbro only reissue 1st wave toys but never the final wave which always results in shelve-warming like those overpriced Cybertron 3-pack scouts.

I missed the days when Transformers toys were easy to find and not expensive to obtain. This is staring to remind me of the Energon line over and over again.

11. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    there's some fear that with generation's already "poor" distribution, and the impending DOTM line, warpath and co will not see very much release in retail stores. that's why each sighting is such a big deal. consequently, this fear of him not hitting up retail is jacking up the demand, and prices, for him.

12. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have him. He's dang near perfect. Check the feedback thread on him. Apparently most everyone agrees with me. So that reason plus Warpath is a likeable character and he's hard to come by and that's a perfect storm for the high prices. Same with Windcharger.

13. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I recall in our sightings thread quite a few people have seen him in the Tempe-Greater Phoenix area.

I'm still in disbelief that the one I just got yesterday was found at retail, a week before the DOTM line releases. But it certainly did.

Give it time, unlike the RTS Voyager waves these actually seem to be getting around, unless Arizona and the rest of the West Coast just got extremely lucky.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Its cause its the tail-ish end of the line right before the movie. He's a toy that simply isnt available anywhere else. thus, the price is fairly high

15. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    heh. the only place i've seen him @ retail here, he goes for $24.99+13% tax which pushes it just over $28CDN which is equivalent to $29USD right now.

16. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Cool! Thank you. Going hunting tomorrow.

17. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Warpath is one of those figures that is "kibble" free!

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Warpath really is outstanding. The whole last few waves of both Generations and RTS have just been great toy after great toy.

19. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I couldn't wait anymore. I bought one on Ebay for 40 including S&H awhile back. I have my Warpath now and that's all that really mattered. I had the BBTS Pre-order but I didn't want to wait anymore. Plus, the 3-pack price with shipping would've been more spendy anyways. Adding the cost of buying packaging for Wheeljack and Thundercracker, and the shipping cost, 40 felt like the right price. I just didn't want to go out hunting for when he went out to retail.

20. mynamehere

mynamehere Well-Known Member

If warpath were released in an earlier wave, would it pegwarm just like skullgrin and darkmount do? I think yes. Collectors would pick it up, but parents/kids would skip it like they skip skullgrin and darkmount.