Heavy/Scratch: Warpath! Too bad he required mods...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

...otherwise i could've entered him in S70's Minibot Contest. :( 

In any case, i did mention in the Guntank thread i posted a while back that i would be making a second, slightly modified version as Warpath. Well, as promised, here he is, in all his glory!

My main goal in this project was to create a figure that would keep the main and most recognizable features of G1 Warpath, and yet reinvent the tank-former concept itself. I think i succeeded in the former, the latter maybe less so.

This Warpath was made from a spare Starscream whose wings i ripped off for another custom, and a 1/144 Guntank kit. He still has his signature chest cannon, and the treads stuck to his feet, as homage to the original figure's tread-feet. However, unlike Guntank, whose treads got in the way of the shoulder articulation, this time the treads are mounted on ball joints from Asoblocks, and can now swivel downwards. Yay for Asoblock joints! Also, i removed the Starscream head, instead replacing it with a Universe firflight i had spare (first time i successfully heated and removed a capped pin!). Pin head, but it was only fitting that Warpath should have the 'laser eyes' that Sky Shadow and Terradive were known for. It was originally going to become a spinning turret in alt mode, which it still can, but in the pictures you'll see i actually have it touching the cannon. The idea is that they are some sort of hydraulic cylinders or something that helps to raise and lower to cannon (non-working, of course).

Which leads to the one big problem with this build... it's not a tank. It's artillery on treads. A really big cannon on treads. Oh well. Least now he won't have to spend so many late nights policshing away scratche on his cannon. He'll probably be blasting from far away, with a bird's eye view of the carnage sure to ensue. :D 

As always, enjoy, and C&C welcome.

EDIT 12/11/09: New pics added, with the inevitable Guntank group shots. Sorry about the delay. Exams are hard to study for...especially when there's 7, one after the other...

Bet you didn't know the white tabs are still on his back, did ya? They have remain vertical, otherwise the treads can't fold in, so therefore the hands are folded in in tank mode,so that this white tab can fit into the space originally allocated for the hand.

Attached Files:

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Very Original, man, like you always are. More pics!!!!

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    At first I thought it was a heavily modded legends figure. Either way, VERY cool.

4. lotussouljah

lotussouljah Well-Known Member

Hey surprisingly sweet idea!! That thing is just so.....huge. :lol 

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Pops cigar into mouth, "Is that a cannon on your chest or are you just happy to see me?"

That's certainly unique, stands out for lots of reasons :) 

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I thought too! Great job dude!

7. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Duo post!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    i really really love everything about this...except the head.

9. Treadshot A1

Well, i couldn't think of anything else, but if you have a suggestion, i think my headless Fireflight would appreciate it.

And, what exactly is wrong with it anyways? I don't mind if someone doesn't like it, but what's wrong about it? Pinhead? Doesn't evoke Warpath? :confused: 

Also, i only used the head because of the goggles, so that it could hide in vehicle mode.

And, ABX23, i'm getting more pics soon, but my camera's recharging. I'll get them ASAP.

Also, considering we're asking for suggestions anyways, Warpath would like to know whether you all think he would look better now, or with the same battle damaged style of Guntank?

10. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I too thought this was a legends toy before I read on, the red looks just like it.

Very neat stuff.

11. Treadshot A1

Yay! I'm not too lazy to take more pics! And of course, the group shots with Guntank. How unexpected...