Warpath, Thundercracker & Wheeljack found at Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by shiftypenguin, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaosMonkeyPoo

chaosMonkeyPoo Another Starscream Fangirl

Thats actually super cool it was found first in Ames of all places. I was just there last week visiting for the first time since I graduated from college 5 years ago. Nice to see Iowa getting a first sighting once.

2. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Not everyone has all the figures they want from all the waves. Like I said, we just got Kup in the St. Louis Metro East, I still haven't seen Tracks or Jazz, & I wouldn't mind a Warpath if I could scrounge up the money after the 2 Generations/ RtS figures I'm saving cans for that have priority over him. If I see a Frenzy, he's mine! Soundwave needs his Cassettacons for my comic.

3. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I've always found this "pics or it didn't happen" obsession some internet folks have a little ridiculous. Now even the pics aren't satisfactory (yes I know pics can be easily faked, in fact if I had a warpath from bbts I could photoshop an entire store display of warpath just to torture everyone).

I just find this kinda funny (and yes I do understand why people are skeptical- I finally saw a scourge here last week for the first time- we won't be getting anything like this here until they clean out stockrooms a year and a half from now).

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

No offense, but if you only have $7 cash to your name, you might want to consider not collecting at all for a long, long time.

5. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Na, we all have budgets to work within, big or small. We are here for the love of Transformers. I am sure it is a pretty damn good day when Keith Prime is able to pick up a figure on his wanted list. I know it is for me. Seeing other peoples stuff gives us something to work toward.

As long as bills are a priority, and that is what's left, you have your priorities in line. Just cause someone doesn't have the cash, doesn't mean they can't still enjoy the hobby.....Though cash is nice to enjoy it more and more and more.

6. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    This got me curious. So I downloaded the pic. Used Irfan viewer to blow it up 300 times its normal size to look at it. And you can almost make out that it is 087-06-1890.....

[​IMG]

7. Prowl4680

Prowl4680 SuperCool Autobot Dude!!

Man, forget Warpath, WJ and TC.....I have yet to see Wreck Gar at retail! I've gotten everyone but that guy. :lol 

8. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

If I found one of these at my Target, I'd seriously look around to see if I was on some kind of hidden camera show or something. The local Target hasn't gotten anything new since last fall.

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, Target DPCI numbers are for an assortment, in this case, all of Generations. So you can't track single toys this way.

10. autobotx25

autobotx25 Well-Known Member

Finally something comes out in Iowa first and i can't find the darn thing.

11. TFanTex

TFanTex Well-Known Member

The Target in my town has really been bad about getting new releases out. They really suck, actually. I doubt they will get Warpath since I have only seen Jazz and Tracks once since January. No Perceptor, Kup, Scourge or Wreck-Gar. In Midland/Odessa, Texas, in March, Targets there had them all and I don't really understand that since I live in the Metroplex.

Oh, but I did find one Kup and one Scourge at Wal-Mart last week. In fact, they have lots of Generations figures...ones you always see, though (Thunderwing, Blurr, WFC Megatron, WFC Soundwave, etc.)...as well as the same figures which saw release last August.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has there been more than one sighting yet? My Target is clogged with Skullgrin, Cliffjumper, Soundwave, Thunderwing, Blurr, and Dirge. RTS is nothing but Jolt, who is actually HFD anyway.

My Wal-Mart has the same Generations, but still has tons of ROTF figures mixed with HFD figures. I don't see it changing anytime soon... except when the movie stuff comes out.

13. trystendaycey

trystendaycey Captain CAAAAAAVEMAAANNN!

Has BBTS even shipped any Warpath? The only one's I've seen (admittedly I could have missed something) have been preorders.

14. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Wow, such controversy.

To answer the questions, yes, this is real; they also had Wheeljack and Thundercracker. They only had one of each, tho, but I did leave WJ and TC there (since I already have them).

If you're still skeptical, then whatevs.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes they have, I've got mine already.

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What the hell do you people want? Seriously.

He provided picture proof, he provided a receipt.

Are you people so bitter from the fruitless searches, so "jelly" (as they put it), that you call the op a liar (basically)?

Really?

Damn. If it bothers you that much, just order the damn thing over the internet and quit trying to ruin other people's good times.

You want proof? He provided it.
    This is why people don't go out of their way to help their fellow collectors.

Would you? "Look what I found!" "Proof, tits, or both, or GTFO" *proof given* "LIAR!" *cue ridicule and speculation*

Do any of you see how ridiculous this is?

"I didn't get one, so yeah, I'm pissed off. That guy doesn't deserve to have it before I do. I can't find it at retail, so it's a damn fake!"

Grow up and snap out of it.

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, which member did that? Myself I am still skeptical that Warpath has been released and I hate to see fellow members burning gas at $4.00 a gallon looking for a figure that may or may not have been released yet. I don't doubt the opening poster at all that he did buy this at a store becasue I'm sure he did. In fact I once found a Encore edition Starscream at a Local K-mart obviously the figure was returned there because Encore is not available in the U.S. stores. That terrible the the OP is ridicled by another fellow member for just posting news.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    There's always the option of waiting for more sightings. But then again, this IS the last known wave of this line, and Warpath is highly reviewed by those that have him.

Nobody's got an excuse to be all crabbypants with the OP though.

19. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:

Like I said, I'm collecting cans. I also am waiting to be paid for my head injury (on-the-job-accident). I am not interested in the lame DotM downgrade (Sentinel is about all that has my attention right now). & there are only 3 or so Generations/ RtS figures I really want right now.

I minimized what bills I had to worry about years ago.

& yes, when I found a figure last week I wanted, I was rather happy I found him. Waiting for the right time to include him in my comic is H-A-R-D, but I'm waiting.

20. sh002

sh002 Banned

i used to like the pics where people showed proof when the figure was still hanging on the shelves. if it was a fake people would have to go through more trouble to bring one into the store and hang it there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.