Warning: Universe Micromaster Superion suffers from Gold Plastic Syndrome!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Icespark, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    Hi everyone,

This is just a warning to inform and alert my fellow collectors and fans that Universe Micromaster Superion suffers from GPS. I just found out tonight; I've been doing some heavy re-arranging of my collection and funiture, things like that, moved Superion, and his legs fell off. :eek: 

Examining him, I noticed that the little tabs that allow Fireflight and Silverbolt to remain attached were broken. Not long after I picked up the two fallen figures, Ro-Tor also fell, and worse, the small golden peg is stuck within the connection point on Ro-Tor's feet, meaning that, as long as it's still in there, he won't be able to stand. :(  I'm still trying to at least salvage Ro-Tor, that way he can at least stand.

On the bright side, non of the actual Micromasters figures, use gold plastic; only the Superion body, and rifle are made out of the stuff. Still, I've never heard of this figure suffering from GPS, nor had I ever even considered it, seeing as I just left him on display in combined mode. So, if you have a Superion on display in his combined form, it might be wise to disassemble him, before he decides to do so on his own. :( 

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just checked mine and I'll be damned.

The two flat tabs at the knees have broken. The round ones are intact though.

3. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up. There are a few toys 2000 and beyond that still suffer from GPS, such as Star Wars Crossovers Millenium Falcon Han and Chewbacca. This was a new figure, right?

4. Icespark

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear that your Superion broke too. That's pretty much what's happened with mine. :(  I'd remove your Ro-Tor if I were too, before the peg gets stuck and breaks off. I'm still trying to get the stupid piece of plastic out. :( 

Your welcome. :) 

No, Superion isn't really a new figure, but, I've never heard anyone mention him suffering from GPS. I was under the impression that he had been made after Hasbro had corrected the GPS problem, like they have stated they have.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  5. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Luckily all three round pegs on mine aren't broken so they can still peg on.

6. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I just checked on my dad's and started disassembling it for safety's sake. A tab broke. :( 

7. Icespark

News Credits:
    I'm glad to hear that yours can still combine. :)  Sadly, mine just kind of balances on top of the legs; he really doesn't stay attached, so, it's disassembly and storage from him. :( 

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    They should just stop making toys in gold plastic. Do other toylines have this problem?

9. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I tried to glue the two flat tabs back as best as I could but it doesn't have enough clearance for the two legs to be pegged back in without it bending so I'm just leaving it as is.

I'm barely pegging the figures on the three round pegs though just so it doesn't take a lot of effort to take off.

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Not sure since the only other line I pick up is Macross and they use absolutely no gold plastic.

It sucks that it's only the pants section of the Micromaster Superion that is gold but it's a vital part.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    We don't know yet if hasbro actually fixed the problem. We're all watching Blazemaster to find out. Protoform starscream from 2007 has GPS, despite what some people keep saying. Mine's joints crumbled to dust and shrapnel, while most of his existence was spent on a shelf or in a box. he was rarely messed with because I don't like to touch anything that's gold plastic too much. knees were the first thing to go, then his elbows, then the parts that his arms are mounted on.

leader starscream has some swirly, sparkly goldish plastic that has a lot of people scared too.

12. Icespark

News Credits:
    I couldn't get the peg out. :(  I managed to shave the peg down to where Ro-Tor can at least stand, but, he won't be able to combine again. :( 

Thank you for the information on GPS.

My Protoform Starscream, fortunately, is still okay, however, I am highly wary of ROTF Leader Starscream, I'm planning to skip on him, and wait for the inevitable G1 repaint.

13. rainningstorm

rainningstorm cheapskate@Cantonment

Got pics?

14. Icespark

News Credits:
    If you can stay online for a little while, I can supply a couple photos. :)  It will take me a moment or so though.

15. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up.

I just took mine apart and thankfully nothing broken. But I guess from now on, he's gonna stay disassembled. Shame. MM Superion was a recent addition to my collection, even and I didn't even give a second thought to the hip piece or the rifle. Just saw gold and went, "huh, that's pretty neat looking."

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Just checked my Protoform Starscream and it's fine. Wonder how long that will last.

17. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is scary news. Thanks for the heads up.

Perhaps this can be frontpaged if there's enough verifiable info on these Micromasters and the movie toys having GPS?

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    protoform starscream is iffy. even though mine broke, I'm only one of 3 or so people (I saw one or two reports on a japanese TF image board) who have had the problem. so it may not be widespread.

there are some people who still have intact bristlebacks, black zaraks, and BW Magnaboss prowls. while those people have obviously been very lucky, it's entirely possible that I'm just very unlucky.

19. Icespark

News Credits:
    Here are the photos!

I'm sorry for them being so blurry, I took them in a hurry. As they show though, Superion suffers from GPS. :( 

Your welcome. I'm very glad to hear that your Superion has escaped unscathed. :D 
    I'm glad to hear that yours is alright as well. :) 

Your welcome.

It's not just scary, it's downright sad too. The Micromasters were a great little set of figures! :( 

I feel so sorry for anyone with a figure with GPS, especially those who paid the kind of prices that Black Zarak and such go for.

Please, please, don't talk about Magnaboss. :cry  R.I.P. :cry 

Attached Files:

20. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks. I was thinking about selling my Destron Sixwing and picking up this guy. Oh well at least I know now.