Warning! KO CHMS Maiden Japan kits

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by thedreaded1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    I had a feeling this was going to happen.

Attached Files:

2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    didn't someone off this forum make the originals of these? out of order if they have been ko'd

3. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    yeah his screenname is maiden japan

that sucks for him cause he has a awesome kit

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  4. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

Damn, this sucks... Hopefully no one buys this version... Even though it takes awhile to get them from maiden japan, nothing beats the origanal version...

5. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    wow. that's pretty low. Didn't someone else copy Maiden Japans Frenzy/Rumble pile driver designs too?

6. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Damn, I'm a big fan of KO's/ replicas but KOing fan made garagekits still in production is something else. I'm sure they won't be able to replicate the quality Maiden Japan's products have.

iDD

7. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:

Yeah, it's beyond grubby at that level.

Weren't his Frumble piledrivers knocked off too?

8. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Now wait a minute.... I'm not trying to defend whoever did this - but how is someone copying a fan's work any MORE despicable than a bigger company (looking at you, Igear) copying Hasbro's/Takara's?

Theft is theft, yes?

9. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    First crazy devy bites his work, now CHMS.

10. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These look to be molded in plastic, which would lead one to believe that they could fill orders quicker.

The biggest reason why it takes a bit for Maiden Japan to fill orders (aside from that fact that it's only one guy doing all of this) is that his are out of resin. However, his definitely look better once applied to the base figure.

Even if they were painted, these look cheap and I imagine would stick out like a sore thumb. Not to mention how shoddy the QC may be.

Then again, what do you expect from CHMS?

EDIT: Oh, and any self-professed "fan" that buys these instead of getting them straight from the source (MJ) is truly a POS.

11. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Would be great to hear that CHMS and Maiden are working together on this. Because he has such a backlog. That would be a perfect scenario.

iDD

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

It's sorta like the dudes that hate original design 3rd Party product because it infringes on IP, yet love their Classics Jetfire and countless TFs with unlicensed alt modes that are taken from actual cars...

13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    because its ONE persons work being ripped off who puts alot of time and effort into these not a companys work being ripped off that to be honest the ko's would prob not make a huge dent in hasbro/takaras profits as alot of the stuff ko'd is not in production anymore where as he is still making these! thats why it is even worse!

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    This is low. I get ripping off HasTak IPs but to steal from a lone guy doing a fan service?? Not cool at all.

Even IF the QC is there, there is no way they will match MJ's painting skills. The true mastery in this set is in the paint job, which is better than you can capture on pic for some reason. I love my MJ set and support him completely with purchasing at least one of each original product and have stock piled for his future releases.

MJ imitation is the best form of flattery but I hope these guys flop on QC and paint because this is yoru baby and you deserve it. Plus they are putting out your old stuff and you have plans for newer stuff so you may be able to beat these low lifes.

15. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

After getting my first CHMS product, I can honestly say anyone who gets the knockoff version is getting a raw deal. Maiden Japan puts a ton of work into making his add ons look superb, and the quality is superb. My Wreck-gar looks like he came off the shelf (if the official version looked like the cartoon). His measurements for the pieces and painting are top quality. Hopefully no one buys this crap. CHMS makes some real garbage. This makes me want to put in another order to Maiden, especially after seeing that latest head.

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow. This is pretty damn low. I've bought a lot of these sets off MAIDEN JAPAN over the past year. This news blows. Fuck you CHMS.

17. sixpointsinspace

sixpointsinspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I recently had to sell my set to pay for Botcon but they were beautiful pieces and you could really tell the love that went into them. Not cool CHMS.

18. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wont defend Igear I agree they are basically expensive KO's made for people who wanted a smaller MP01 and needed a ton of cone heads however a big justification of the 3rd party is that they will produce the smaller collectors items Hasbro wont bother with so when a one man company who's already filling orders gets Ko'd by a rival company its a bit di*kish at best

19. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I love KOs, 3rd party stuff, etc...but this is pretty damn low. No way am I purchasing this.

20. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to agree with most the sentiments here that most of the crap CHMS makes is pure junk. They have terrible history of QC on everything they've ever made! from the seekers, there powerglide, even there most recent CD kit was pure garbage with pieces falling apart right out of the box or missing stuff. Don't care how much cheaper they are or if they process there order quicker, I will continue to support Maiden Japan.