warning for those who own or want wonderfest dai atlas

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omegatron Prime, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Omegatron Prime

Omegatron Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much as the title says this is a warning for anyone who owns or is thinking of buying a wonderfest dai atlas; bought a sealed, mint one and when i opened it the legs had broken off! in two places! and so had one hand! i don't know if this is a QC thing or maybe some form of gps (except the broken parts are silver) but be aware!
    i meanwhile will try to salvage what i can with glue...:banghead: 

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I was looking it up online a couple months ago before picking it up, I had noticed one eBay seller (hell, I think the one I bought it from, I forget) said he opened it just to make sure the legs hadn't broken since it had a reputation for doing that. Mine arrived intact, but if what that seller said is true than apparently it is a problem with the legs at least.

It's annoying that such a cool looking figure is rather disappointing...the leg issue, die cast metal (or whatever it is they used, I don't have mine in front of me right now) not being applied very well so a toy that looked like an honorary Revoltech, well, isn't, plus the thumb on one of the hands has a habit of popping off which I think it's supposed to (it has a little peg to attach back to the hand so the rifle can fit) but why they thought that would be a good idea instead of just having it peg in or slide in to a closed fist and avoid the brief moment of horror when you see a tiny part pop off the first time is beyond me. Great idea, but poorly executed.

3. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine has been perfect. Had it since it was released. Were there any additional runs of this figure or ll from Wonderfest? I am surprised they are still available.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    My friend in Hong Kong went through like 3 of them before giving up. This thing is notorious for breaking. Stay Away :( .

5. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

It is an absolutely gorgeous piece of shit. Mine is basically a statue because it is held together by superglue. its pretty though.

6. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So back from the dead... this figure is garbage. Mine sat on a shelf for the past several years untouched. I picked it up and the following fell off:
    Right arm, thumb, left leg, left hand. One specific plastic on this figure literally rotted over time. Keep in mind, it sat in a glass case that is usually in the dark except for viewing. I own other figures made by this company, and it seems the same joint designs break easily on them.
    It's sad since it was a figure I really liked. I might strip it down some and give it revoltech joints or glue it in a fixed pose in hopes it can stay together.

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That stinks. I'm so glad I got rid of mine now. It was beautiful, but a pretty bad toy even as far as pvc figures go.