Warning: Big files! MTMTE Binaltech Profiles

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Wreckie, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Smokescreen BT-01

The art is once again thanks to the legend that is Dan Khanna. Took me a little bit longer as I'm trying a slightly different layout for this profile, but here's Smokescreen. His profile's not quite as detailed as some of the others, but then again he gets two of 'em. :) 

Comments, criticisms and suggestions always welcome...

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just discovered this thread, and I must say these are awesome! Very nice work, Wreckie, and I'm glad that you've had some of the great TF artists contributing to the project!

Looking forward to seeing more...

3. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Dan K. uprocks!
    His colors ;aaahhhh so niiice. These profiles have been on a steady climb upwards and just keep improving. Keep it up!
    -amitabah :dj 

4. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

You should really consider submitting these to Transformers Club - it'd look great published in their club newsletter. I know you'd need to get the original artists permission first, but gee it'd be great to see. I get the impression they're a little desperate for content -- maybe they'd comp. you and the artists membership if you could supply them with some?

Details at
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=79804

5. Wreckie

Ebay:
    Sorry it's been so long since posting anything new, that annoying real world has kept bothering me lately. Anyway, here's Sideswipe, artwork by the inestimable Dan Khanna.

I'm not completely happy with this profile yet, so there'll probably be a few revisions later on.

Thanks for the idea, reillyd. I would seriously like to see these in print, but the proviso that all works become the property of the Collectors Club is just a little bit too much, even with the original artists' permission. I just think it's... well... rude, to be honest.

Attached Files:

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Wreckie, these are really awesome.

7. Wreckie

Ebay:
    [WARMFUZZY] Aww, thanks! :)  [/WARMFUZZY]

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This profile is AWESOME I can only see the Sideswipe profile though. Were the rest moved?

9. Wreckie

Ebay:
    Looks like they were, yes... (scratches head.) Do attachments delete to save space after a certain amount of time? I've had several very kind offers to host the profiles - probably time for me to take one of them up.

10. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Yeah, Wreckie, those profiles kick butt! I'm really enjoying the work that you, Dan, and Mako have done. It would be great if there was a fan collab on this, bringing Alternators-Binaltech into an actual fan comic.

11. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Odd. I can't seem to be able to see any of the attached thumbnails or the images that go with them.

12. Wreckie

Ebay:
    I've asked a question about that in the Tech Support forum. Seems odd, I agree. I might try re-attaching files and seeing what happens.

EDIT: Okay, that works. Turns out some work done on the database may have affected some posts. Somehow. Anyway, here are those earlier profiles...

Attached Files:

13. Wreckie

Ebay:
    And here are the ones I don't have artwork for yet...

Attached Files:

14. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Now I see them. And I got to say: Wicked cool. Nicely done.

15. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks they are awsome going to plot them out on out hp plotter very cool.

16. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    these are GOLDEN, Wreckie. i can't believe i only saw these now. more! :D 

17. Wreckie

Ebay:
    Again, thankyou all for the words of encouragement. Real kudos goes to Dan Khanna and Makoto Ono for allowing me to use those lovely portraits. Speaking of which, I'm running out of art! I only have Tracks to go and then that's it for a while. One or two talented souls have promised to contribute to this project and in the meantime I'll carry on writing the profiles. Believe me, you wouldn't want to see my attempts at drawing these characters myself. I tried and the results are... surreal. Daliesque, almost.

I was actually wondering if it would be possible to get permission from Hasbro/Takara to print a Binaltech/Alternators comic guidebook. A one-off publication with any profits going to charity, maybe? (Hey, it worked for the Doctor Who fans' fiction anthology...) Or maybe they'd agree to just turn a blind eye if it was produced non-profit... anyway, I'm getting WAY ahead of myself.

Cheers again, more coming up soon!

18. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

I can't see either allowing it without official text, and it might violate the licensing agreement with IDW. Why don't you dash an email off to editor Chris Ryall, [email protected] with a pointer to this thread, and see if he'd be interested in a one-shot guidebook for alternators (be aware they may already have plans for it). I'd say it's probably IDW or the Official Club as your best bet.

19. Wreckie

Ebay:
    Overdrive goodness

Hi guys, sorry it's been so long between profiles but I had a massively busy month, coupled with a bad case of writer's block. (I got stuck on Tracks. Great art by Dan Khanna, but basically the character's a ponce. How am I supposed to make that run to 500 words or more?)

The cycle was broken when Mr. Evan Gauntt emailed me his fantastic picture of Overdrive and I just had to write something. Thanks mate!

Anyway, enjoy...

Attached Files:

20. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Wow, that's some really great stuff you have there Wreckie, but I'm confused as to what's going on with the names? I thought that you were going by the American naming conventions for all these guys, so isn't Overdrive actually Windcharger?

Sorry, just confused as to what's going on. Hope you're able to overcome that writer's block with Tracks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.