Warner Archive Credits Tonka with GoBots Copyright

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Voiceroy, May 18, 2011.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I saw an ad in a Green Lantern movie promo magazine for the Warner Archive Collection's May 17th release of Challenge of the GoBots.

Nitpicking aside that the ad doesn't say it's actually the 5-episode mini-series and not the whole series, I noticed a curious detail in the copyright info at the bottom of the page. It read:

So even though Hasbro owns Tonka, Warner Home Video must acknowledge Tonka as the corporate entity with proprietary rights on GoBots, not Hasbro?

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Boy, is my face red. :eek: 

I just checked Warner Archive's site for this title and it has the correct copyright info listed there. The copyright info in the ad must have been an error -- it probably went to publication months ago. It did have an earlier version of the cover art in the ad, now that I think about it.

Well, I guess this thread is done then. Nothing to see here, folks... move along.

3. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Even the master archivist sometimes gets the wrong info. =P Don't worry about it bro.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I don't think I'm worthy of such an illustrious title (I've never even contributed to the TF Wiki, except to correct an error made in reference to Peter Cullen), but I appreciate the compliment.

I also think Nevermore and Ben Yee far outrank me in those terms. I'm more of a cranky nitpicker with short-term memory issues, and prone to random impulses to take photos of Transformers merch.