Warhammer and Warhammer 40k community trading posts?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by nkelsch, Jul 22, 2008.

1. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I wasn't sure where the best place to ask this was but I know there are quite a few Warhammer people in the Transformers community.

Here is my question:

I used to play Warhammer. But I haven't played, painted, modeled anything in a long time. I used to paint figures professionally and many of my armies placed in the top 5 at Grand tournaments. I never got a golden Demon but I got close once!

Anywho. I have tens of thousands of greenskins that need a good home. I am not trying to make a lot of money off them because I know at retail I probably have close to 10k$ of figures. I simply want to find someone who will give them a good home and let them rampage the table top again. I would easily sell these armies at retail or below because the alternative is they sit in prisons forever.

So I am curious, anyone know where and how best to sell figures for warhammer? any good online communities? (I used to be in portent a long time ago) Or is anyone here interested maybe we can make a deal? I don't even know how I would ship them.

Here is what I got, All my figures use the current orc and goblin looks. No old stuff.

*About 3000 points of Fantasy orcs and Goblins (paint level 7)
    *3000 Points of Speed freeks (paint level 6)
    *Custom battle wagon
    *Fighta Bomma Forgeworld
    *EPICAST GARGANT (full size, the thing is badass)
    *2000 point Feral ork army (all metal savage orc figures custom sculpts and painted level 9 paint)
    *2000 point Loota army (Every figure is customized and sculpted, level 9.5 paint, Including custom cyborks and nobs)

Boxes and boxes of bitz and figures

So if anyone knows a good site that I may be able to find warhammer people I would appreciate the help.

2. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

Beside ebay, the only place I know for that would be the Dakka Dakka forum and Warseer. On Warseer though the trading forum will be hidden untill you make 2 post or so I think.

I never used either place for trading, so I can't help you much beyond that. But I would be curious to see some pics of your models if you have some!

3. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    nkelsch, let me know if you find anything good. I recently found some 40k stuff in the parent's attick and I don't have a use for it.

4. nkelsch

Yeah, I am taking inventory of my junk and trying to talk to some of the local clubs. If I find a site I'll let you know. I am not sure if it is active and as popular as it used to be. It seems people still play it.

I found out 5th edition came out so all my armies don't fit the org charts anymore!!!

5. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The organisation charts haven't changed yet, we have to wait for each individual Codex to get redone for those to take place.

6. nkelsch

Orks codex is out, Which restructured the way mobs are made and heavy weapons which mean my nice painted armies have to swap models with other armies to be legal.

Here is what I have under 5th edition codex:
    *44 Boyz with Slugga/choppa
    *24 Boyz with Shoota
    *11 Boyz with Rokkits
    *16 'ard Boyz with slugga/choppa and 3 Big shootas
    *10 Nobz with cybork bodies (cyborks)
    *18 Boyz with burnaz
    *7 Boyz with big shootas
    *5 Bikers
    *3 Deffkoptaz
    *10 Flash Gitz (need heavy armor modeled)
    *10 Runherders
    *90 Grots
    *4 Lootaz with deffguns (plasmacannons)
    *12 Meks (with horribly wrong weapons)
    *19 Stormboyz
    *6 Killer Kanz
    *3 Deffdreds
    *3 Zzapgunz
    *9 Megaarmored Nobz
    *1 Ghazghull
    *1 mega armored warboss
    *1 heavy armored Warboss
    *1 Light warboss

Models with no home or out of date:
    *15 tankbusters (need rokkits)
    *60 Feral boyz (no sluggas, savage orc models)
    *40 Weirdboyz (savage orc models)
    *30 brute boyz (could be slugga/choppa boyz)
    *60 feral grotz
    *Warboss with super cyboar
    *8 Nobs with super cyboars
    *2 Squiggoths
    *8 Trukks (look old and ewwwie)
    *3 Buggies and trakks (wrong weapons)
    *1 Looted Basilisk
    *5 Looted Rhinos
    *1 battle wagon

So I am going to see what I can do with these guys. I might paint them up as a super army under my best painted figure scheme and then runt hem in November GT and sell the lot.

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I'd try and shift it as is first, not everybody is a slave to army lists and the latest range when it comes to models. I would imagine that high quality paint jobs would certainly grease the wheels a bit as well.

Assuming thats a Forgeworld battlewagon since there hasen't been one in the main line since early 2nd, you shouldent have much trouble shifting that. There is a new plastic kit coming out in the near future thougth, so you might want to be quick about it.

GW chopped the vast majority of its bitz and archive catalogue a while ago to cut costs, so any good OOP metal figures and parts will go if you can find the right buyer.

8. nkelsch

Really? no more bitz? I used to go to US HQ and just buy bags and bags of bitz at weight. I looked through my bitz box and I have whole figures. Like Nob torsos, dozens and dozens of big shootaz burnas, metal glyphs, grenades.

Hmmmmm I am tempted to play again too. If only I knew of a place to play or find tourneys.

9. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah yes, I forgot that Orks changed quite a bit when they were finally redone.

The Battlewagon should still be useable though (I thought it was in the new Codex), and the Cyboars could be used as Warbikes instead. Unfortunately they really nobbled the rules for looted vehicles, which doesn't help the Rhinos and Basilisk.

10. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

If you feel like playing again, you should consider looking for Apocalypse, it's a supplement for 40k that allows you to play bigger battle (3000 +), and also ditch the organization chart so you're free to use whatever you want! There's a lot of data sheet (stats and pts) for more exotic or heavier unit, including forgeworld stuff. If you have a store near you, you can probably find some opponent there too, most of them have gaming area.

And probably most of your older models can be used as "count as" and still be usefull.

But if it's for selling, don't worry about older models (unless it's very ugly like the old trukk :p ), there's always a market for OOP stuff.

And yes, GW cutted pretty much all their bitz, keeping only a few "bitz pack" like weapons and such, and re-intrucing some of them gradually. So you can't go and buy a head or torso of a particular mini now, it's sad :( 

11. nkelsch

With the new True LOS I read in 5th edition (ah the days of 2nd edition) my itty bitty gorkamorka trukks might be good stuff. I am not a big fan of cheese (crouching wraithlords?) but Itty Bitty skateboard trucks, too bad! True LOS is not the friend of the super custom orky vehicles!

And man, Bitz were the only way for orks. I used the head bitz non stop for orks. Stop playing for a few years and the world goes to pot!

12. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i've got about 40 space marines and land speeder, codex and rule book in a box set i'm trying to get rid of too. i was going to put it in a yard sale. is $50 to much to ask?

13. nkelsch

Considering 5 metal models cost 50 bucks retail, that sounds about right to me. Thing is people gotta know what it is, but with 5th edition out, I think there will be lots of new players looking for cheap troop builders. I know hobby stores hate when you show up to unload armies because they are in the market of selling figures. So they hate that. I wish i could drive to the local gaming shop and say 'here is what I got. who wants it.'

I actually am going to paint some models up. I like painting (I do it with my garden gnomes and TFs) but don't have time to play much. So painting 400 orks might do me some good.

14. ELRAVAGER

ELRAVAGER New Member

How much were you looking for, for those Orks?
    I've recently just started playing Orks (warhammer newb) and looking for a good army.
    If you still have 'em that is.

WAAAGH!