Non-TF: Warhammer 40k Ork Warboss figure

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Aug 27, 2011.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Ever since Sculptbot posted his Space Marines last year i've wanted to tackle some 1/18th scale 40k stuff, but I just never got around to finishing any of it and eventually dropped the project. Then while I was at the mall last week, I saw at Game Stop that theres a new 40k video game coming out that looks absolutely badass, and that rekindled my interest. So during that same trip I went to the comic book store, and they had a Marvel Universe figure of Skaar, the Son of Hulk. Looking at it i just kept thinking "what a cool Ork that would make". I ended up leaving with it, and got started on this guy.

His head is a complete resculpt, and I'm pretty proud of it. I based it off of a specific fantasy orc head, and it really looks pretty spot on. I then sculpted the frayed edges on his torso to simulate a shirt, as well as wrinkles and stitching on his legs to make it look like he's wearing pants. His armor plates, chain axe, gun, and boss pole are all styrene, and the boss pole is removable.

I am a little bummed about one thing though: his build really doesn't match that of a Games Workshop Ork very well. They have a very specific unusual body type, with short legs, a long torso, and a hugggggge head. Obviously there aren't any action figures that match that, and I didn't want to basically sculpt a figure from scratch, so this is what I'm left with. As it is, I think he kind of looks like a World of Warcraft Orc in a 40k Orks body, but I can live with it. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. speedlee

speedlee Fanatic Customizer

U made this from skaar ??? Wow, awesome sauce !!!

3. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Waaaagh!!

4. Kenjo_Cybertron

Kenjo_Cybertron Stalk him, tear him apart

very creative, i love it!