Warframe Ninjas play-for-free

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UltraPrimus56, Jul 25, 2014.

1. AMG

AMG Old School

I have around 100hrs into this game. It's tons of fun to just go crazy with for a couple of hours at a time.

2. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got a good crew I run with from work. I'm hopeful they can carry me when need be.
    Got my Rhino fully maxed out. Threw on an Orokin reactor so I have double mod space. Need to do that furos or whatever it's called to boost mod space more.
    Valkyr should be out of the oven tonight and I'm farming pieces to get Wukong built up too. Also have everything for Oberon except the Chassis, which refuses to drop for me.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    If you can get your hands on the Rage mod, drop that shit on Valky. You won't be disappointed.

4. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

Rage increases your energy based on how much damage you take, right? Would Hunter Adrenaline work, too?

5. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I've never even heard of Hunter Adrenaline, probably was introduced after I stopped playing (last time I logged in, they'd just introduced the Hallow frame).

But yeah, the deal with Rage is that it's best used with Frames that take damage naturally as part of their gimmick - Valkyr is an optimal choice because her Ult toggle pretty much removes shields but I think the damage you take still works for the mod.

However, the mod's best user as far as I'm aware (as of my last play instance) is Inaros. He has no shields which means Rage works at 100% all the time. It also majorly helps that Inaros works on a health drain gimmick so he's pretty tanky if played right.

6. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Valkyre is a pain in the ass to play right now. Her armor is great, but her shields suck as does her health. After coming off playing Rhino she's a major change and not in a good way. I think I'm going to level her and then sell her to make room for Wukong, Oberon, and Gara. Wukong I just need a few more farmables. Oberon, I just need his chassis to drop. Gara is a few bounties in the plains away.

7. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Years ago, during an Infested survival mission event from hell, Valkyr was my lifeline in surviving 30 straight minutes of an Infested onslaught. By largely abusing the crap out of her ultimate's invincibility and energy refill consumable pads.

The trick with Valkyr is to use her debuf powers in conjunction with her ultimate. Additionally, your melee weapon does apply bonuses when she's in her ultimate (forget the exact mechanics, been a long time since I used her). However, I will admit that she works best in groups where somebody's got a healer and as such can cover your back.

8. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got her maxed now and while I still am not a fan, I've grown to appreciate some of her unique traits. Like that she can one shot prosecutors when equipped with the Hate scythe dropped by Spectres. Stun them with her shout, get behind them and execute them.
    Wukong is in the oven now. 3 days and I'll have the Monkey King. Also have Volt cooking as well. From there I plan to go to Nehza.

9. Nidus

Nidus Weaponized Infection

Check out warframe-builder.com.
    You can find builds for anything.
    My Valkyr Prime has long duration and strength.

I'm glad there's a thread here for Warframe

10. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wukong is out as is Volt. Also got an Atlas off a 50% off coupon I had. Worth it.

11. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it's the 5 year anniversary. Log in for a free Excalibur skin plus 4 easy peasy missions to grab some really good weaponry.
    Maxed out my Wukong, he's okay. Now I have Volt done, Vauban, Atlas maxed. Cooking now are Frost and Hydroid. Working on getting Harrow.

12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Might pop on, dust off the account, I got time I suppose - how long is the event running? Just today?

13. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have 10 more days to collect

14. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Ended up doing them all in one go - man they've added so much since I last played! Ended up leveling up like two weapons - also got Silver Grove done while I was on, finding that moss was a pain in the ass I swear to god - and started the Octavia Quest.

Now, if only I could figure out how to efficiently deal with those goddamn Sentients.

15. Nidus

Nidus Weaponized Infection

Use all of your weapons,abilities, and use your Tenno. :) 

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Nah, turns out all you really need in a pinch is a heavily modded War and a well tuned Valkyr abusing the crap out of Hysteria.

17. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Maybe it's PTSD from the old Tactical Alert from a year or two ago that introduced Corpus Salvage, but when I unintentionally entered an alert for an Naiatin(?) Extract and found myself on that tileset using my Ember Prime for exp, I was really worried I'd brought the wrong frame and weapons since I wasn't playing an optimal set (low level Buzlok, low level Mara Detron, low level Endura).

Turns out Corpus Salvage is actually pretty piss easy once you get past the beginning bit which itself isn't too difficult - in stark contrast to Grineer Salvage where they just keep piling on enemies every single room. They also seem to have gotten rid of the payload's nullifier field which was only introduced during that tac alert when people figured out you could chain Frost Snowglobes and literally freeze out enemies (or just abuse a max range Nyx ult. by feeding her energy restores)

Anyway, me and the group of public randos get onto the rover and after some minor enemies get laid to waste from combined fire, the majority of the level is literally just us standing on top of this snow rover. No enemies are spawning and the shield drain is laughably insignificant, so we just start joking in chat about how it's the easiest mission mode and the Corpus are just letting us steal this thing full of unidentified salvage.

On the final stretch, a few more enemies show up and die just as quickly...and then Stalker triggers on me. Except weirdly he says he'll make me pay for killing J3 Golem, even though I never played the Jordas Verdict (or Law of Retribution for that matter) and never actually fought J3 (unless they renamed Jordas Golem in the normal mission you have to grind for Atlas parts to J3 since it's essentially the same boss model). However, when I notify my team he's coming, one of them mockingly asks if we can just run him over with the car. And then Stalker doesn't show up because we're at the end of the mission despite that brief part where the Rover goes really really slow on the ramp for no particular reason. All in all, it was a hilarious mission if only because we won more out of apparent enemy incompetence (including freakin' Stalker derping out) than really needing to do anything more significant than stand on top of a car for three minutes.

Stalker did try to come back for me on a later mission - Infested Exterminate - where I still largely had the same gear, but when you're running with Mastery level 20s like me, Stalker at level 40 is probably the second biggest joke in the game (second only to The Sargent given you can pretty much one-shot him with the right gun and mod set-up). Kinda wish he'd drop another BP other than Dread but I abused a 75% off Plat coupon a long time ago ($200 worth of plat for only $50? Who wouldn't?!) and bought both Stalker packs purely to avoid having to farm his ass.

18. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome.
    Just hit mastery rank 11 after losing the test for a week straight. (god, MR 11 sucks) Have Nekros and Oberon Prime as well as Braton Prime now. Been told that Rhino Prime comes out of the vault in June so I'm holding off till then to get him. Going to be hard, taking a week off to go to specialized training. Can't bring my Xbox with me.

19. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    So Baro's here on Jupiter and has both the Supra Vandal and the Machete Wraith. I have enough Prime trash to exchange to just get enough Ducats for the Vandal (which I've seen can be built into a goddamn monster), but I need the Machete Wraith for experience. So I hop into a few Meso Relic Spy missions to try and get a start on it. I kid you not this is the order with which I had items presented to me:

- Nikana Prime Blade (gold rarity)
    - Frost Prime Chassis (gold rarity AND vaulted - I already have a maxed Frost Prime but the opportunity to rebuild a second set for trading is too good to pass up)
    - Galatine Prime PB (gold rarity)

Today simply must be my lucky day as yesterday, I grinded that stupid Infested Salvage mission for HOURS all to get Nidus Systems (Chassis and Nueroptics dropped within the first five runs), and that was after two straight days of grinding where all I had was a nice chunk of change and a lot of resources I'd actually been lacking in, but Infested Salvage is such a boring mode. So the clock goes past midnight but since I have all Nidus parts cooking, I figure I'd try getting another frame ready and choose Harrow (since Octavia involves having to raid those cache supplies on the moon and Gara is basically Warfarm stuff collecting and I haven't even figured out how to catch fish yet). So I get over to Kuva Fortress Spy which is the only node that drops Harrow Neuroptics, but somehow I end up in a group that DOESN'T go to the spy mission, but instead the Grineer Defection mission on Saturn. Since that's the OTHER game mode that drops a Harrow part - the Systems - I figure I might as well tag along. Only problem is I'm running with my anti-Grineer spy getup (Loki P, crappy primary I brought just for leveling, ungodly Lex Prime which one-shots pretty much anything in Kuva Fortress, and Vaykor Trident thingy which is super good against Grineer for its high puncture damage) and the other guys don't seem to be doing too well either. One of them suggests we all go Ember Prime and so we complete the mission and then try again with a full roster of Ember Primes - mine being especially geared toward anti-infested with a two-forma Ignis Wraith already proven in battle to melt pretty much anything. And this team is AMAZING, we're crushing it and prepared to go the distance since Harrow Systems only has an 11.27% drop rate every 8 squads rescued.

At the earliest possible time, Harrow Systems drops. We were estatic and barreled through the level to get to the extraction point before the game could even TRY to screw us over somehow. I've heard the horror stories of trying to get Harrow Systems, so after having gone through the nightmare of Infested Salvage to get Nidus, pretty much being gifted Harrow Systems is amazing.

EDIT: Also as of this writing, the new patch is up

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  20. Rhinox

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats! I scored a Frost Prime from trading for 80p the other day. Quite pleased with that. Got Primed Focus from Baro this morning. I have the blade and the hilt for Galatine, so if you're interested in trading that blueprint, you let me know.

Gara is fairly easy to get. To fish, all you need to do is level up your rank with Konzu and one of the reward options is a fishing spear. To fish, you just go to the water with the spear out, wait till you see a fish, then nail it. Easy peasy. You can also buy bait and dies that make it easier and give you more fish to catch. Super easy way to level up your standing with the Ostruns.
    I need to buckle down and get Nidus and Harrow. Been told nothing but good things about Harrow, my friend Badger uses him almost exclusively.