Warehouse 13

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Embryoyo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I did a search but come up nothing... did anyone catch the first episode of season two? I sadly missed it, was gonna watch it at 11pm cause I saw they were gonna replay it but it was stupid gay ass wrestling. I loved the first season, so I am really looking forward to what's gonna happen in season two.

2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    It was awesome! Great twist with
    H. G. Wells being a woman
    that one threw me for a loop.

Looks there will be more great artifact shenanigans, can't wait.

3. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    was gonna ask about this. I saw the dvd for the first season out.

Whats it like? im considering getting into it. I normally watch shows like stargate and fringe

4. Warbot Defender

Warbot Defender Banned

Indeed, an excellent premiere.

When Artie was blown up in the finale, and the previews showed everyone but him, I was pretty sad. I knew he was gone for good.
    Imagine how shocked I was when it's revealed that not only is he alive, but he used the Phoenix to achieve his return.

I LOVED the Escher vault. That was cool. Although they could've tried a bit harder with the CGI in that scene. When they're walking through it, you can see where the steps moving to meet their feet are not only badly animated, but they don't match the actual greenscreen set underneath.

I thought the ending with MacPherson was...anti-climactic. I was expecting more, I was expecting some kind of an epic fight using artifacts or something really out of this world, and then
    you find out he's basically just a lost soul who didn't understand and you're supposed to have pity on him. Whoopity friggin' doo. Basically a pawn in the game of life. OOOH. What a villain! And then he just drops dead and turns into dust.
    After all that build up...that's it? OOOOOOH.

It was a bit disturbing to find out that they knew the bronzing process was basically a prison method involving torture, and they were pretty much okay with it. Shrugged it off as though it's just part of the job.

Not only were the people frozen, but they were bronzed to remain that way, and all along, they're CONSCIOUS. All that time. All those decades...conscious and very much aware, trapped not only in their own bodies, but a second prison cell in the bronze. It would've been much, much more humane to just kill them, I say.

All in all, a solid start to the new season, and I'm excited as can be.

And this Friday...my favorite SyFy show returns. Eureka. :D 

5. Fiy

Fiy Alien Velociraptor

News Credits:
    I love this show! I'm so happy it's back. Can't wait for more!

6. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I haven't seen last night's ep yet, but I love this show. Definitely one of the best during the summer, along with SyFy's Eureka as well.

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    The wife and I both enjoyed it. I thought it was done pretty good. Just glad to see that they did bring it back for another season.

I knew
    Artie would be o.k. I told the wife at the end of season 1 that he still had the Phoenix in his pocket from when MacPherson placed it there....so the blast wouldn't kill him, he'd be back.

I was
    kinda bummed that MacPherson's character was done for
    ....kinda liked him as a bad guy.

8. Warbot Defender

Warbot Defender Banned

Yeah, that was a letdown for me. I was expecting a better finale for him. I didn't want him to be THE bad guy for the entire run of the series, that would get old quick, but I at least thought it would end with more substance. Maybe even some action.

The new villain? Great idea, but she'll become boring, quickly. Because it'll just be a rehash of season one's escapades, if they're not careful. Having just one villain isn't enough. There needs to be more.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This show had me at Kate Mulgrew.

Well actually, I think that happened when I saw Fargo & thought Eurika was on, but you know.

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why am I the only one that has no idea what you all are talking about?

11. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

Not seen it but, if my ex likes it, it must be pants.

700 posts. Wowzer!

12. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Probably because you haven't seen the show?

Also to be fair, I've only seen like 2 episodes, and it definitely hasn't grabbed me the way Eureka did, at least not yet. I just couldn't go to sleep without swooning over Captain Janeway again, even though Voyager's long since come home to the Alpha quadrant.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    She's not aged well though has she?

My girlfriend got me onto this show around the beginning of season two, but luckily another channel here was showing season one at the same time. So I was watching alternating episodes of season one and two each week. Probably not the best way to do it. :p 
    Really enjoyed season three but it seemed to go by so quickly. It was more into the overall season arc rather than artifact of the week.

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I usually like that in shows, but it sucks when we don't get to it from the beginning.

Also about Jane (yep, that's her name on this show), I blame the Borg. :( 

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    She probably assimilated too many cakes and age. :p 

I'm split on whether I like a more involved season arc across every episode or more standalone shows with just a hint of the other thing still going on. What we got was still good but I dunno which I'd like more. It's like X-Files used to be good with different mysteries each episode but then got shit when it spent too much time with the overall series arcs. I can be the same with Fringe too, although Fringe has a much more interesting series arc than X-Files ever did.

16. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was a great season of warehouse. I'd be interested in seeing who takes over for Mrs. Fredericks and what happens to Jinx and the warehouse for that matter.

17. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Who else is expecting a cosmic reset button, at the beginning of next season?

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how much more they could have foreshadowed that the watch is going to reset things.

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

It was pretty obvious, wasn't it? Hopefully, they'll bring Jinx back, with no metronome. (No metronome, no metronome. :)  )

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I kind of hope they can't bring the Warehouse back but all the artifacts get released in their original locations.

Or time travel.