Warcraft, is it any good?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by galvatron1701, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Hi all, hope this is the right section.

Can anyone tell me if World of Warcraft is any good? I've never played it, nor seen anyone play it, but I'm a wee bit curious about it. Is it an enjoyable game or will I spend many hours cutting wood to get experience points so that I can get a better bow? (maybe thats a bad example?)

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
  3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as MMORs go, it's the one that's most user-friendly and over the years has built itself as offering a casual experience for those who don't want to spend every waking moment in it, but deep enough for those who want to make children within the game.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as MMORs go, it's the one that's most user-friendly and over the years has built itself as offering a casual experience for those who don't want to spend every waking moment in it, but deep enough for those who want to make children within the game.

5. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

thanks chaps. I might try it out, I see a few copies are on ebay for 99p, so I might as well give it a go.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I played WOW for about 2 years and really love it but I can never get into the stuff that high level players do like raids or those epic sets. I don't play anymore but I still regret never getting those high level stuff. It's too bad the only set I ever gotten close to completion was T1 and I could never get the final piece (Chest). Still burns me to this day lol.

7. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I vendor so much T1 each week now, lawl.

8. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I didn't think it was too great. As it is now, though, it's going to cost far too much for me to catch up, especially with Cataclysm coming. Too big of a commitment, in my eyes.

9. Savanna

Not really true anymore. You can go from a new lv 1 scrub to a ICC10/25 raider in 3 weeks or less now if you know what your doing.

10. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

So why are you farming Molten Core?

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Just go to the official site, try the 10 day trial, and if you like it you drop 20 bucks on the full game (without expansions) and get another 30 days to play around before they start charging monthly fees.

Never buy an MMO off of Ebay. To play MMOs you need the serial code, not the game disks. Once they install the game and use the code, the disks are pretty much useless.

Go to WoW.com or whatever the site is, DL the free trial, try it and see whether you like it or not.

Also, there is a massive dedicated thread specifically talking about WoW right on the first page, you couldn't ask this question there?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/video-games-technology/119079-definitive-world-warcraft-thread.html

12. Savanna

Bixnics

13. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

ok, so I went out and bought the game for £5. I also bought school of rock at the same shop on dvd for 98p!

I'm playing a Druid Night Elf and I'm on level 9 already! Hurruh!

So far its been good, though my only interaction with another person has been when someone saved me from a bear like creature.

I think I'll try and get my level as high as I can, then I might look for a guild and offer my services.

14. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Druids are fun, one of the best ways to level if you're just soloing like how you are would be to go feral. You get your bear form in your teens, and then cat form when you get to 20.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

And with that, you can use the other thread. Hurrah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.