Warbotron_Hammer Sharpener

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Galvatron197, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Hammer Sharpener Informal Review:
    In my opinion Hammer Sharpener is one the most impressive figures on the team 'so far." With his flawless head sculpt and the spectacular paint job on his treads. Yes I said 'treads' if you look very closely on the figure you can see those tank treads are battle hardened! When I got this 'bad ass' out the box the treads caught my eye first. Then the infamous drill, the detail in the drill and it reminds of a Bio Shocks big daddy for some reason. However my first impression before I messed with him- I was saying oh no more back kibble again. But that thought went away quick. You have flexible hinges to position that military grade Black-n-Decker drill however you want it to sit. Get this...he doesn't fall backwards, yup I said it -and it's the truth. I pose this guy in many poses not once he toppled backwards, unless I deliberately knocked him over. Before I go any further in the review let me get this off my chest.
    NO STRESS MARKS! No stress marks on this figure at all. Warbotron listened to everyone (hopefully me) so they've been healed from the plastic stress illness that's been messing with this company for a while.
    No back to the review.
    Good: It was definitely Hammer time when I got him out of the box. Transformed him 7 times and let me tell you everyone. Capital stubborn joints all around, not trying to funny I am dead serious- this figure is not going to break on you unless you freaking try. One thing I am all over is the head sculpt. One thing I have been noticing with Warbotron making faces on the head sculpts. Give you a hint look at the pictures. Now don't Hammer Sharpener and Turbo Ejector look like people? This is something Warbotron did not have to make these figures faces realistic. We're getting premium figures why of all out.
    Another nifty engineering they have on Hammer S. is the transformation. No collapsing the leg. Instead you split it and maneuver the two pieces on the upper thighs for tank mode.
    Paint applications:
    Outstanding as always, as I mentioned previously the air brush job on the treads is winner in my book. Also the yellow, browns and gray work on the figure is eye catching. Also the silver paint break up around the light pipe eyes is flawless.
    Quality:
    Alot of time was invested in this figure, meaning the plastic is excellent and he feels like a solid rock in my hand.
    BAD:
    Not really bad people just being nitpicky. He has no bicep swivel, but I don't give a damn about that. I am just very happy Warbotron paid close attention to detail when comes to avoiding QC issues on their figures.
    Overall/ Discussion:
    In opinion Warbotron is improving by making Hammer Sharpener better than turbo ejector when it comes to durability. This is just my opinion because I still mess around with these two instead displaying them. Yeah these figures are fun, once you play with one you have to play with all of them. Yes the fun factor is that contagious.
    Discussion:
    Something I was thinking about betwixt hypothesizing one day. If Warbotrons homage to computron is better than Warborton Bruticus, will Warbotron decide go ahead to add another combiner to their list besides making their stunticons? Like the ole saying guys when you get momentum swinging in your favor in very completive arena like this, wouldn't you as a company want to be full steam ahead on another combiner project? Personally I don't see Warbotron having that mind set now but I am looking forward for to completing this set.

Attached Files:

2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool pictorial review! TY

3. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Thanks

You're Welcome

4. D0wnburst

D0wnburst Active Member

Can I confirm, Galvatron that your Nosecone is fault free? Mine will only turn counter clockwise from the waist and his left hand has jammed open.

I'm in the process of arranging a replacement for him, I love the figure so I'm hoping I've just got unlucky with mine.

5. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Good question

Actually mine is 'very' tight. He turns a complete 360 clock wise. To get him to turn counter I have to switch my hand position. Specifically r on top l on bottom, switch to l on top and r on bottom to turn him the other way.
    I might have to pop him open to see what the hell is going on. He didn't lock up on me at all. Apology that yours did. To be safe my friend by some hobby oil or grease just in case. I had to grease some insides on some of my figures.

6. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have stress marks on my Hammer Sharpener.

Specifically, on the back of the left leg, where the tread connects to the brown plastic on the back of the shin. Not only is it a stress mark, but the actual plastic has hairline cracked. It's still functional, but it's really a bummer.

7. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Man that sucks

Hey man post some pictures of the stress plastic on the this thread. After all I do reviews to help out others. Also how deep is the hairline fracture on the plastic? When I see stuff like that I send figures back for a replacement. Hairline fractures on plastic can get worse over time.