Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. PreSsieGuY

PreSsieGuY Well-Known Member

i tried switching the connector ports on each of the hands around and no joy. or dumb question ... do you mean actually switching hands from left to right and vice versa?

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    As a potential buyer, what's the catch with this guy?

Any overarching issues of whatever nature?

There's a MISB set for sale on another forum for ~310 USD.

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Oh man. Well, yes and no. And also "perhaps"?

If it sounds vague, it's because of how random this set is.

All of my figures are pretty damn solid. No breaks, no issues, no real issues at all.

In combined mode he is the second most stable combiner I have ever owned in my life (Constructor being the first).

You may have issues finding the replacement/proper chest for Blast-Off, make sure to inquire before hand.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

I will admit to being mystified by people complaining about sprue marks - unless they are gouges out of the plastic they are easily dealt with.

5. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I've been contemplating about getting WB since it debut but the more I watched the YouTube reviews and looked at pictures, it just doesn't scream G1 enough for me despite a great effort at making Bruticus. Besides that he's isn't MP scale as TW Devy which also screams G1 presence. Vortex and Swindle obviously look nothing like G1.

So glad I waited. But I'll wait even longer for TW ver of Bruticus. I'm also waiting on TW Devy G1 ver 2

6. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

He wasn't supposed to be g1...

• Like Like x 1
  7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I finally got mine out of the boxes. I was avoiding him because I knew it would be a little bit of an ordeal, and it kind of was... but it was pretty worth it (he's pretty cheap nowadays). FWIW, he was easier to transform and combine than Guardia :) 

-Vortex sucks. That stupid pegging nose piece is just miserable. I shaved a tiny bit of the nubs from the orange canopy, which helped... but the one thing on him that needs tabs is that.
    -I didn't have any squeaky parts, which seemed to be consistent on all of the video reviews.
    -The feet had the orange clear plastic bits in the ankles. I moved them a little bit for posing and they're just going to stay there forever.
    -Onslaught's clip that holds the top half to the bottom half has another piece of plastic inside it that was off-center, and I couldn't push it back completely. He still clips together, but there's a tiny gap that you can see from the side. There was no satisfying click when it came together, but everything kept fucking coming apart when I'd try to mash it together, so it's staying as it is.
    -Bruticus' chest plate doesn't peg in. The friction from the bottom peg seems to be enough to hold it where I put it, but it's annoying to have to push it back every time I touch him.
    -Bruticus' face doesn't seem to tab anywhere. Another one of those things where every time I touch him, I have to make sure I push it back into place.

[​IMG]

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

How do you mount the guns on Fierce Attack's back? For the G1 dual-cannon look.

9. VictoryStarSaber

VictoryStarSaber Member

There are four slots on the back of Fierce Attack's twin gun assembly. When you fold out the green head covers on Fierce Attack, there are four matching tabs. To attach the guns, just push the tabs into the slots. However, getting the tabs aligned is quite tricky

10. timorvitae

timorvitae Well-Known Member

Can anyone take a photo of Sly Strike next to TFP Breakdown?

11. dmarsee

dmarsee Well-Known Member

As a happy owner of Gravity Builder, and enjoying the look of TransFormMission's Menasor, I've decided to bite the bullet and go all-in on this combiner scale. I just bought WB01 (A-F) MISB on eBay for $300 shipped. :D 

Is there a compiled list somewhere of hardware issues for WB01 I should be watching out for?
    (buyer says Air Burst's replacement torso is included)

Thanks in advance.

12. Quickstrike2013

Quickstrike2013 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually gonna sell my set also. I don't believe there was a whole lot of QC just here and there. Stress marks are one issue on some pieces

• Like Like x 1
  13. shovelchop81

shovelchop81 not so mini-con

Ebay:
    The translucent catcher tooth on the combiner feet are apparently prone to breaking but should come with spares, just file them down a tad and lubricate with silicone oil if you're worried, mine are fine so far but haven't been used much as he's a display piece. Just ordered the Wei Jang KO OS for $100 new that doesn't have any reported issues.

14. Scurv

Scurv Well-Known Member

Be incredibly careful with Airbursts cockpit, the translucent pink is prone to cracking where it connects. Also be careful with the panels on his back.

Vortex cockpit also gets stressmarks/cracks, so be careful.

Lastly, be careful with the Bruticus head crest, it broke off the first time I moved it, on my first copy of Onslaught.

The plastic is 1/3rd the quality of Gravity Builder, they improved alot.

So be careful of stressmarks and you should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dmarsee

Sorry, I'm certain this has been answered before, but I've looked high and low, and can't find any explanation of these two items that came with Fierce Attack / Onslaught.

What are they for?

Attached Files:

16. Chainlink

Chainlink The Annihilator

While I don't actually have the figure (I've seen reviews), I'm pretty sure those are replacement ankle tilt ratchets.
    Because making the ankle tilts out of clear plastic was not a smart idea.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah those are the replacement ratchet pieces for the feet.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dmarsee

Much obliged.

19. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe it would be wise to take your stock ones out and sand them slightly. You want less resistance so they don't shatter, but not so little there is no ratchet.

But I would sand the stock ones and re insert. So if you happen to break them, you still have spares.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

I definitely oversanded mine