Warbotron - WB01 (Unofficial Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by warbotron, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

I'm not comparing these figures to their original G1 toy selves. I am comparing them to the scale chart and how they were depicted 90% of the time on screen.

On the scale chart/animation the constructicons and Bruticus members were half a head shorter than MP-11. Same with the Superion members.

Could you imagine masterpiece aerial bots being smaller than MP-11 in jet mode also?

A combiner should also only be as big as the sum of all its parts. There is no such thing as 80's space magic mass shifting.

If each of these members were half a head shorter than MP-11, they would then create a lager combiner than what we have here. Especially if Onslaught was MP-10 sized.

ToyWorld for instance, went a step further and added a waist/thigh piece which gives Devastator even more height. This was done very well in my opinion. Though their aesthetic choices will turn some off with the Studio-Ox styling.

I'm not trying to dismiss anyone's feelings or opinions. This is just my 2 cents on the matter as I actually like scale consistency and having multiple collections. I also don't want a MP Skyfire that will look my voyager chug scaled combiners in the eye :) 

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Anybody who firmly believes in the "holy scale chart" crap is going on blind faith to begin with.

I actually HATE the scale chart, as it has ultra magnus who is a tractor AND a trailer transform into barely being taller than optimus, who in essence is basically just the cab of ultra magnus in mass.

Mass shifting should have simply been chalked up to animation error, instead of being relied upon to quell a scale debate, and negate that blasted flawed chart.

Onslaught and motormaster as big as mp10, perfect...

Stunticon cars as big as carbots, again perfect.

Combaticon limbs have always been out of scale with each other, so scale them all in bot height to carbots... Perfectly acceptable.

Constructions... Come on. Real life size comparisons of a small Crane truck compared to optimus is still larger by itself... So a devastator that is larger than the other combiners only makes sense.

Wanting all combiners to be the same height is still basically animation error, over and over again... Blind faith, again.

Buuuuut, bot mode in mp's is the driving focus for the official masterpiece line... So that makes warbotron bruticus bots masterpiece "scale".

The purists that want mp scaled combiners will again be called out on blind faith when even mp10 can't ride on mp groove in alt mode - but because it is g1, they'll accept it into their collection without a fuss.

Pic because... Well, scale matters. :D 
    20160224_144256.jpg

Hook, in the forefront... With a standard tractor trailer combination in the background.

And that's the small version of hook.

3. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

You say there's no thing as magic mass shifting, yet Bruts' vehicles themselves HAVE to shift mass in order to even work. A tank is much larger than a hummer and both are smaller than a space shuttle.

You seem to be forgetting that these are toys. Just toys... that are based on a cartoon...
    As far as am concerned, they are to scale with real life. Why? Because they only exist as toys in real life and can be whatever I want them to be.
    You need to calm down and let everyone enjoy their TOYS as they see fit.

4. mephinc

Don't forget that a mining dump truck dwarves every other vehicle but magically it's the same size.
    Scale nuts are ridiculous. They're toys ffs

5. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Quickly... Go put g1 brawl next to g1 warpath.

Who is bigger?

Warpath was only a minibot in toy form.

Now go put wardog next to TT mp ramjet...

Go back and watch an episode where warpath and ramjet are used as horses in a jousting competition back in time... Who's bigger?

Do any of the animation alignments ever really "scale" correctly? Nope, they were a children's cartoon, with mass shifting as the only explanation for being drawn out of proportion from one frame to the next.

I wish there was a company that took this seriously enough to go by alt mode first... We'd see how it should have been from the beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  6. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    I actually got to visit some of those in a quarry many years ago... Those are ridiculously huge, and we drove our datsun 4x4 between the tires.

Long haul is most likely the smaller scaled dump truck though, and it is still larger than the other constructicon alts.

7. dmarsee

dmarsee Well-Known Member

My point is a very narrow one.
    I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that it's not constructive to say that your reasoning (which is just as subjective as anyone else's reasoning) is right while theirs is wrong. Even when you say "it's just your two cents."

I've seen the chart. I like the chart. I use the chart. I got OS Grimlock because of the chart. But that doesn't make (A) it "right," or (B) other people wrong for not using it.
    I've decided that the Constructicons are smaller than Starscream, and my reasoning is 100% as legit as anyone else's.

Because TFs have *always* been inconsistent. It's like telling someone his Ant-Man figure is the wrong scale. It *can't* be the wrong scale. It's freaking Ant-Man

• Like Like x 4
  8. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not referring to the toys and don't consider the toys for any scale reference. The size of the WB bots just feels more appropriate with CHUG figures, but it's obvious that they can be pressed into duty on an MP shelf for lack of a better option. The point is that, to me, TW's scale of their Devistator feels more appropriate scale wise in bot and combined mode with other MP scaled bots. Brawl in bot mode should be at least as tall as TW's bots, and he isn't. Neither are any of the other bots, which, again to me, feels like these are a bit undersized when it comes to displaying them with an MP collection. Do I have WB Bruticus displayed with MPs - for now until there is a better scaled option (come on TW!). But I'm also not deluding myself that these are a perfect MP scale and that anything bigger is just too big.

9. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of Sub-Atlantica

Lots of scale and toon accuracy discussions today! :lol  Personally I must say that I display some 3P sets in combined mode (TFC Defensor, Superion) and some as individual bots (Warbotron, Ordin, Feralcons). To be honest they are all a bit small in combined mode for an MP display - but they still look good since they are very detailed figures. While they still don't scale perfectly as single bots, they tend to blend in much better. The typical size of individual combiner team members ranged from carbot (Swindle) to Optimus (Motormaster). Most of those 3P bots are somewhere in between. I'm fine with that. And yes: TW's Constructicons seem to be very appropriate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    anybody want these guys im ditching mine

11. Cincyred

Cincyred Well-Known Member

for?

12. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Free it seems.

13. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    shoot me a PM in interested

14. Slustor

Slustor Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I am thinking of getting this set. And now that this has been out for a while I was wondering what are peoples thoughts on this now who own it? Also, what are some things I should be keeping an eye out for when getting a set. I have seen posts regarding replacement parts and QC issues.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

15. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Hands break/snap when you try and force the weapons in them

Combiner feet ratchets break after one or 2 clicks.

Combiner pegs are either too loose, overly tight, don't ratchet, etc...

Onslaught is fiddly...?

These are the main complaints of the set. For 200, it's worth it... For 400, they can keep it... Anywhere in between is what you are willing to throw at it with a smile.

16. mephinc

-I don't use the bot weapons (no cracks)
    -I removed the feet ratchets before combining and added antislip rubber instead. (nothing broken or splits)
    -v2 Airburst fixed the ratchet issue. (all of my ratchets work just fine. he'll even do a handstand and high kick)
    -Yes. He's a tricky sumbish to transform lol

I paid (and gladly) full price for mine and I LOVE this guy.
    With that said, quite a bit of time has passed and a lot of other companies are venturing down the Brut route. So I will agree and say that if you can snag him for $400 (tops new) then go for it. There are a couple guys selling use ones. Might be worth looking into their prices.

17. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

There seems to be a couple of main scales for Combiner - there is the scale where the torso is MP 10 size or a bit bigger the limbs are basically Voyager size or at a stretch MP-car size. the other main scale uses Scout.small deluxe scale limbs and a Voyager size torso.

I'm not 100% sure we need a even bigger scale - but I guess one is starting to appear via the Ko scene with the KO Throttlebot combiner looking like it's going to be pretty large and so is KO Feral Rex.

If the Combaticons were smaller than the Warbotron ones then they'd look a bit too small - as well as be stepping on the toes of other existing options. So yeah having a much bigger set would have some use - especially when combined.

But if Toyworld's size choice matches at least a few other options I'm Ok with that - I think the scale used by things like the current Sharkticon set is a pretty good choice for the size. even if it is a compromise in some sense.

I to like them to be not to much bigger than say Prowl or Lambor. but a little bigger would be nice too - if they started to get really big then I'd be thinking they'd go better with MPP-10 rather than MP-10 and if they are to small then I'd be thinking classics or MP-10-V use.

I'm pretty happy with the 2 general scales and the odd exception though.

18. PreSsieGuY

PreSsieGuY Well-Known Member

i finally got my set last night. I didn't get to spend much time with him, i only managed to open the individual figures to inspect and get it out of the box.
    in my 30 minutes of checking the individual bots, here are my thoughts:

i was pretty naive in comparing these to the Generation toys gravity builder bots. I thought they were made very similar. I knew they had a some fiddly bits but didn't realize a lot of them had falling parts (think it was mentioned few weeks back by razingstorm and Orion2703). i also noticed a lot of the plastic had awful sprue marks.

I had plans to have them combined anyways so hopefully the fiddly and non attachable parts wouldn't be a worry.
    i got my set from bababobo from ebay who assured me all his bots were V2 releases though my air attack had an extra torso.

im sure ill be a lot happier once i get him put together next to devy.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  19. PreSsieGuY

PreSsieGuY Well-Known Member

does anyone have issues with warbotrons hands. im finding its right hand too loose when clipped together with airburst while its left hand wont it in flush with whirlwind. its like its too tight.

20. mephinc

Switch the hands around. (I have so many combiners now I might be confused..) I think they have different size connectors for each hand. One being slightly longer than the other.