Warbotron WB01-A Air Burst Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    1.) Joints seem tight enough, I've had no issues so far. Comparable tightness to Feralcons

2.) Nose cone doesn't lock in bot mode, but seems to hold well enough.

3.) No paint chipping I've noticed. I had a couple tiny splatters of the light purple, but apps look good and seem resistant to wear.

4.) Figure holds just fine in all modes. The wings are the only place that could be easily knocked out of position in alt mode if you're being slightly careless with it.

5.) no clicky ratchets that I've found except possible the combiner port.

6.) Maybe lighting. It's not super dark, but I wouldn't call it pale either.

7.) if you shake it hard enough in alt mode the wings might flop a bit, but everything holds together just fine when giving it a decent shake out.

8.) I think you get a little bit more bang for your buck with the feralcons, but Air Burst seems priced fairly for the 3P market.

9.) This feels different then TFC. I definitely like it better than TFC's Phantom, but not *quite* as sturdy as a Herc member.

2. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Watching Peaugh's video made me realize---if the shoulder connector was hinged at the top of the chest cavity, and flipped up (instead of being hinged at the bottom of the cavity and flipping down like it does)----that'd pretty much solve all the combiner proportion/armpit/elbow-location issues.

3. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kinda wish the review showed the combiner port, was interested in how it worked.

Overall looks pretty good for a first effort. Robot mode is bad ass IMO.

4. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where is peaugh's video?

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I had that exact same thought.

Pulled it for an edit, it's back up now.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  6. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @ Peaugh, thanks for answering all my questions, I really appreciate it.

I made the mistake of renaming one of my questions twice, so how do you feel about the plastic vs Bovis and vs MP Cars? Is it as sturdy, or does it feel like a Cubex or X-Transbot huffers or like a Igear PP-01 (I consider PP-01 like crap) or like a Sharky from Unique Toy?

7. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Wow, watching Baltmatrix trying to push those robot legs in is scary. Peaugh, does yours require that much force to collapse the legs?

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you so much for the review:thumb 

I'm not going to lie, I would have enjoyed this video 20 times more had you taken the time to show us what you already experienced: arm mode.

Many are curious about the arms proportions and movement, things we can't really see in photos.

Still thanks for the video review:) 

9. ShockWave77

ShockWave77 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the review guys!!!

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Looks like they needed to think things through a bit more in some places before going to production - looks like some ratchet joints might have been benificial in some spots too - not so much for the robot mode but to give strength to the limb modes (especially arms).

I take is that like TFCs Uranos no one thought to make each limb also able to form a Leg - as if they ever wanted to repaint this into Ruination / Valdigus one mode would be absent as a result (where the ariel parts form the legs one way and the ground assault the other).

Personally I've always had Ruination with a Jeep & Tank as arms so as to give him an extra arm cannon and the shuttle and helicopter as legs.

With Bruticus I'd probably follow the established pattern of a Helicopter arm and Shuttle arm - but i'm still inclined towards a jeep arm sometimes.

The only reason the Helicopter made a good arm was it has that hip slider in it as well as the rotor blades making a nice decoration.

If they had made the combiner ports slide in their mounts that would have helped a lot, Personally if designing a modern Bruticus I would always have had half a thought towards potential repaints and the enhanced features of the later versions (such as the combined rifle) and specific alternative configurations.

I would be disappointed if like TFC Uranos the best the toy allows is to swap the arms and legs left to right...

So I guess the basic part of my question is... is there any chance that shuttle could also form a leg ?

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    That is asking for a hell of a lot form a design standpoint and still be solid at this size. Besides FP Menasor (which is a total cheat) there aren't any other third party combiners that can do that anyways.

12. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly I don't believe so do to the placement of the connector port. It's in his chest and only swings out.

The reason I didn't do a "limb mode" is because I didn't think it needed to be shown. That's most likely and over site on my part but I figured that we can all assume what the limb is going to look like.

Since may folks want a limb mode I'll do a quick follow up comparing it to other 3rd party limbs.

13. GAUGE

GAUGE Tin Foil Hats = Alternative Facts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I could care less about Limb Swapping.

as long as Bruticus looks like Bruticus (as was intended by the designers) I am happy.

And those who have the more demanding self-entitled attitude of "Designer should have potential repaint in mind or limb swappability in mind when making something like this". Shame on you! you want that shit, go make your own Bruticus.

14. kaizen3121

kaizen3121 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    @peaugh Not sure you can divulge, but I'm inclined to ask, who else is making Defensor? Tfc and ?

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    New studio. I'll leave the announcements up to them.

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Oooh. That has me very interested. (Defensor is my fave Autobot gestalt, but TFC screwed up Groove and Streetwise so bad that I have to pass on theirs)

17. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Honestly don't know what to think about this guy. He looks nice but there's still just something holding me back from pulling the trigger.

New studio you say, interesting!

Honestly none of TFC's combiner designs have done it for me. Perhaps if I get to mess around with one in person some day I might feel differently.

18. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review, has some great points but some not so great points as well.

You do a very nice and detailed showing of the transformation and articulation, and that's greatly appreciated.

However, you do mention multiple times that you feel like some tabs will break off...why? How many times have you transformed the figure before assessing that? Just a recommendation, because I'm kind of weird about the durability of my figures and I was just turned off completely by that comment, towards the figure.

Lastly, you might want to keep a tool closeby [paper clip? thin iron rod?] for things like the landing gears for future reviews. It saves you time in the end.

Just some recommendations, don't take this the wrong way, I enjoyed the review. Keep it up.

19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    @ Peaugh,

Can you pls check if the two cannons / missiles can also be used as a backpack somehow?

20. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

What would you guys compare the plastic feel to? Quality is a tough thing to judge but how is the feel?