Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Mar 26, 2014.
Check out my review
Awesome figure! Looks like warbotrons first outing is starting out really good. Hopefully the few flaws you pointed out will be fixed by release or it may possibly be just your copy that had those few issues. Thanks for the review, keep up the great work!
lol @ 9:50. thanks for the review, i think i'm going to wait it out for a possible complete set after all of them are released.
I didn't think you'd get one so fast----I was going to send you a PM to ask you to compare him to G1 Blast-Off(color-wise) as you're the only reviewer I know that has actual G1 Combaticons.
Good review, but I think this is the production version so don't hope on any improvements.
I was doing to do that color comparison but for the life of me I can't find my G1 Bruticus. I have my RID and Gen 2 figures but no G1. I think it's in storage.
would you say the plastic is similar in quality to the Masterpiece Takara Seekers?
I am not sure why reviewers insist talking about plastic quality at all. According to uranusdd who also has a copy in hand, the plastic quality is just so so being 70-80% of FP's quality. Maybe something has changed along the way ...
But the fact of the matter is, you can't determine the quality of something by hand. You need real material testing. It's like saying that the quality of today's Kevlar (bullet vest) is crappier just because it's lighter.
I understand what you are getting at but there is a differencing in the feel and stability of higher quality plastics and cheaper ones. The materials that make up the body of this figure do feel nice and sturdy. But, not possessing anything that could perform any true material testing, I do agree that it's a little disingenuous of us reviewers to talk about something that we cannot actually test for.
My point is that I (and others) have handled enough of these figures to have a decent idea of what makes a figure that is going to last vs. one that is going to degrade while stand on the shelf.
It is a production version. It's not a test sample at all. According to BBTS they are getting theirs in at the same time we reviewers got ours. They were sent out at the same time, just separately. So nothing is going to change in terms of improvements.
I'll be sure to include that comparison for you in my review. I won't be getting my figure until tomorrow though because DHL wouldn't leave it without a signature apparently. That said though, i won't get the review of him up until next week to fit with my schedule of things. I'll post some pictures thought if they haven't gotten posted by then though.
Thanks, I appreciate that. PS----if you could compare it to Swindle too that'd really be helpful----I think Airburst may match Swindle better than BlastOff, ironically. (And is actually about my biggest concern about the colors----matching the wrong character)
Hi Baltmatrix, that's precisely my point, both you and uranusdd have both handled enough figures and yet have vastly different opinions. You may be right and he may be right .... The thing is that as a viewer I understand that taste can't be accounted for. If you really really like a figure and think it's the greatest, it's a totally valid opinion although everybody else may think it's crappy because again you can't scientifically test for taste, but material quality is not subject to opinion.
Thanks for replying anyways, but I actually like watching your reviews sometimes and would not want it to turn into another Fox.
So...how do we fix the log jam in the legs? Maybe some lube? First priority for me is the fix that rubbing issue around the knees.
Thanks for the review btw man, I enjoyed it.
@optibotimus, thanks for the confirmation.
Exactly. We're not expecting reviewers to present a chemical breakdown of components. Just a relative comparison of quality.
I wouldn't put any lube on these guys. That's just silly. I fixed the rubbing knee issues with a sharp hobby knife. Push the knee in a bit and shave down the inside just a wee bit. Fixed.
The foot however is another matter. The issues has to do with the way the part was formed. There to much residue on the stalk & pin that the foot attaches to. Again, will have to attempt to shave it off with either a sharp knife or some sand paper.
Also, @optibotimus, be REAL careful with the landing gear. One of mine is already a little broken thanks to the plastic bits being so dang small.
@ Baltmatrix / Optibotimus / Peaugh:
1) How are the tightness of the joints? Are they as good as Bovis / Hasbro Springer / MP Cars?
2) In Bot Mode, can the nose cone lock into something, and does it stay tight when you do. Hard to tell from the videos if it will wobble or not.
3) Any paint chipping or problem, and is it as good as Bovis / MP Cars in terms of fantastic paint job? It looks like it is, just want the confirmation I guess.
4) Do you feel there is enough locking mechanisms and are they very effective in keeping the figure locked? Pls compare to Bovis first, as the locking mech / tabs are extremely effective, but Springer and MP cars are good too, so pls give your thoughts on that. Some toys have tabs that are not effective at all, and can barely hold the part and snaps out easily.
4) You mentioned the plastic is good quality. Can you pls elaborate, does it feel sturdy like Bovis? If not, does it more compare to MP Cars or Springer, or lower like Igear PP-01 or Cubex or X-Transbot huffer? Also, does it feel heavy (Bovis) or light (MP Cars)?
5) No clickidy ratchets right?
6) Brown looks very pale in the video. Is it this pale in person, or is it the lighting?
7) In both Bot mode and in Shuttle mode, if you move it (shake it very gently), do the legs change position, or does anything flap, or does it stay fixed?
8) IMPORTANT: Do you personally feel this is a strong figure worth 90$ on it's own as a standalone only? Bovis is for example, well worth the money and a great standalone, but how do you feel about this one in comparison? Do you feel you get the bang for the buck, or is it overpriced compared to Bovis and MP Cars, which are really fantastic. I would consider this only as a standalone, so wanting your personal opinion (you can pm me your thoughts on this actually)
9) Does the overall quality / feel make you think of TFC in general?
Thanks in advance.
@ Baltmatrix: Thanks for the video review by the way.
I didn't have any issues with my knees, feet, or landing gear, but one of the missile launchers had the sliding part accidentally glued in place, but I managed to get it working.
It's really too bad the cone wasn't designed to rotate around at the joint so it could fit flush against the back, sort of like this:
Separate names with a comma.